Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 3, 2011
I've never once used a keyboard where you are required to type so slowly. If I type at my standard rate, a lot of letters go missing. I suppose if you are a very slow typist this keyboard is worth the $10, but it was not for me. I will now re-type all of this at the rate at which I normally type to showcase the keys that fail to register.

i've never once used keyboard where you are required to ype s slowly. i type at my standard rate, a lot of letters go mising. I supposed if you are a vr slo typist this keyboard is wort the $10, but it was not or m. I wll now re-typeall o his t the rate at which i normally type to socase th ky hat fail to registr.
2 helpful votes
on September 23, 2010
Wanted to replace the beat-up old ps/2 keyboard I keep on hand for working with older systems. This new one looks sleek, works well and the keys are actually quieter than my Logitech Wave. It's very light and doesn't feel heavy duty, but I've had no problems with it. The form factor is nice and compact for being a full sized keyboard. I like that there are no silly extra shortcut keys. All in all, great keyboard for the price and function.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on October 31, 2012
I bought this keyboard as I needed a keyboard right then. It was inexpensive, so you can't expect a lot. I'd have a lot more to say if it had been an expensive keyboard.

Pros
It is quiet when typing.
It's keys work smoothly.
It is a ps2 keyboard, which is important if you build your own computers, and don't want USB drivers installing right away.

Cons
It's small.
The keys are close together, sometimes causing you to hit a wrong key when typing.
on June 19, 2011
As a college student, cheap is great. This keyboard is cheap, but it comes at the cost of being ridiculously random in following your actual keystrokes. I've had it for about two weeks now, and can safely say that my adjustment to it is over - but the problem largely remains. Letters that I know I have firmly hit are ignored, but this seems to only happen when doing some rapid fire tying. Keep the spell check handy when you are writing something important.
on October 27, 2010
typing on this keyboard is incredibly quiet.

This keyboard performs terribly. What feels like the same pressure on a key will have a random result. Keys themselves feel as though too much pressure to the edge will snap the key straight off the board.

Typing too fast leaves missing letters constantly. This review is torturous to type. The compact key layout means a short backspace key. That wouldn't be so horrible but I need to constantly use backspace to deal with dropped letters.

I remember paying $9 for a ps/2 keyboard in 1999 that outclasses this keyboard in every way (And it came in pink!). I do not recommend this keyboard.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on May 30, 2012
USB Keyboard. Plug and Play. It just works. No driver needed.
Replaced a broken Gateway OEM Keyboard.
Key is softer and quieter than Gateway OEM keyboard.
Slim profile, sleek, cheap but does its job as expected.
Seven bucks well spent.
on August 15, 2012
A nice little, no frills keyboard. Works well if you don't have much space or if, like me, you needed something to access the bios with and the big fancy keyboard you bought doesn't have ps/2 connectivity.
on July 12, 2012
This board has a very nice, light touch to it. All I wanted was to free up a USB port on a small mobo, but what I got is a keyboard I actually like and find myself preferring over boards costing 3X as much.
on April 8, 2013
If you are looking for a cheap keyboard this will work. It does have a PS2 port instead of a USB but it works well, no problems at all with 6 months of using.
on January 15, 2013
Every now and then my older PC does not recognize the USB keyboard and so this backup keyboard makes sure I can access the OS. Plug and play and it always works!
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.