From the Publisher
From the Back Cover
If you’re new at VBScript, or even to programming, this book will teach you what you need to know about this multipurpose language. If you’re experienced, you can skip the fundamentals and focus on the updates in this version, including changes to the script debugger, control and encoder, as well as the Windows Script Component Wizard, regular expression, and remote scripting. Finally, everyone who works with VBScript will learn how to use VBScript with ASP and DHTML, write powerful login scripts, and automate repetitive, time-consuming, and error-prone tasks with Windows Script Host.
Packed with practical examples and up-to-the-minute coverage, this reference takes you as deep into VBScript as you choose to go.
What you will learn from this book
- What VBScript is and is not, and how it works
- Error handling and debugging techniques
- Windows® script components, script encoding, and remote scripting
- How to add VBScript to your VB applications
- Both client-side and server-side Web scripting
- Variables, data types, data objects, procedures, coding conventions, and flow control
- How to use VBScript within other technologies
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone interested in learning about VBScript. If you already have programming or VBScript experience, it will deepen your knowledge and provide an excellent reference. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.