VECTOR VEC012C Jump-Start System with Compressor (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- Eai/Tia 568, Tsb/36
- Built-In Inflator With Analog Pressure Gauge Inflates Vehicle Tires & Sports Equipment
- 12V Dc Portable Power Outlet
- Includes Ac & Dc Charging Adapters To Recharge System
|Special Shipping Information: This product may not be available for 1 or 2 day shipping due to federal regulations that require it to ship via ground ship methods only. This product can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Don¿t ever be stranded with a dead battery again. The Vector VEC012C jump start system features 450 amps of power, a built in air compressor, and a 12V DC portable power outlet. This unit includes AC and DC charging adapters to recharge the system.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If, like me, you bought a used unit, you will need to get both the manual and the charger. Do a search on servicenet dewalt to find the owners manual. The manual is a download pdf. Charger model number is 514005-42.
Hope this helps. It's really a neat little device to have around. I especially like the built-in LED flashlight.
You really NEED to read the manual all the way through. The special sealed type battery requires charging at least every 60 days or it WILL go bad quickly.
1. The battery is a little small for repeated jump starting. I recommend charging it with the cigarette lighter attachment immediately after use.
2. The unit is not very well balanced. If you carry it in your vehicle (and that's the idea!), try to store it in a way that it can stay upright. I have not had any leaks yet, but it's a risk in my opinion.
3. The battery clamps are a little small for my battery terminals. However, in Vector's defense, that seems to be common in auto store jumper cables these days. Also, the storage of the cables on the unit seems kind of awkward.
I have not used the air pump feature, and cannot comment on that. But now for the good features. It's been very reliable for me, which is the most important thing. The light may be handy...I have not had to use it in the dark yet.
Note that you cannot use the on-board gauges to take a measurement of the battery condition while it's being charged.
I would definitely buy this unit again, and in fact I bought it originally when another brand failed. Recommended.
Update February 2010: the cables no longer provide 12 volt power. The cigarette lighter connection is still operational, as well as the lights. I suspect that the switch to provide power is not working any more. This is a disappointing turn of events.