- Save 15% each on Qualifying items offered by Kingdom Creations LLC when you purchase 4 or more. Enter code ZGPTR2IL at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% each on Qualifying items offered by Kingdom Creations LLC when you purchase 3 or more. Enter code A2TKGM9P at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Bestselling all-in-one video converter software and hardware solution: U.S. consumer video editing category, NPD 2008 Report
- All-in-one solution: Provides everything you need to easily convert your video to DVD, including USB 2.0 video capture device.
- HD Editing: Capture and edit high-definition video from HDV camcorders. Supports up to 1920x1080 resolution.
- Upload to YouTube: Uploading video to YouTube is easier than ever with a One-Click option.
- DVD & Blu-ray Disc Creation: Burn your movies onto DVD, CD or Blu-ray Disc (requires Blu-ray writer); enhance menu pages with motion and music.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe is a powerful and effortless video conversion solution. VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe provides everything you need to easily convert your videos to digital formats. Honest Technology’s VHS to DVD is the number 1 bestselling all-in-one video converter software and hardware solution! VIDBOX video capture device included.System Requirements Operating System : Windows 7 / Vista / XP.
Unlock your memories trapped in old media such as VHS tapes and camcorders. With just a few clicks, you can archive your videotape collection onto DVD and Blu-ray Disc. Videotapes can deteriorate over time. Your old videos will have color bleed , white specks, and other distrotions. Don't risk this happening to your home video collection.
|Offers 2 options: Easy Wizard Mode for beginners and Advanced Mode for creative options|
All-in-one solution: provides everything you need to convert your video. No external power needed.
Easy Wizard Mode
Using the Easy Wizard Mode, anyone can transfer HDV, VHS, Beta, or other videotapes to DVD with just a few clicks, using step-by-step pictorial instructions that guide the user through the process. This is one of the first software solutions to support Blu-ray Authoring and burning on Blu-ray Discs, which is ideal for burning and playing high-definition video that requires greater data storage space.
Advanced Mode and Audio Recorder
Advanced scene editing tools allow users to record movies, delete commercials or unwanted scenes, and easily add special effects, titles and chapter points. Record audio from your cassettes, LP records, and video tapes to create WMA files or audio CDs.
Convert your analog video and audio into digital formats including DVD, CD, or Blu-ray Disc. You can also watch them on iPhone and iPad or upload to YouTube.
Videotapes can deteriorate over time. Your old videos will have color bleed, white specks, and other distortions. Don't risk this happening to your home video collection!
Top customer reviews
Basically, you install the software on your computer, then hook up your VCR (or camcorder) to the conversion box, which you then connect to your computer via USB. The box includes all the cords you need. The software has a preview screen so you can see what's playing/recording right on your computer screen.
Basic Mode: You record directly from the VHS to a blank DVD in your computer's DVD burner. As the movie plays, it burns. It saves the digital file in a temp folder, so you can immediately create more than one DVD of the same movie without having to run through it all over again. (But once you say you're done, it deletes the temp file.) The finished product doesn't have a menu or chapter points. It records exactly what's on the VHS from beginning to end. Simple and easy.
Advanced Mode: This converts your VHS into a digital .mpg file and saves it on your computer. You can then assemble clips, add music, add menus and chapter points (for navigation), etc. Then once you've assembled everything, you burn it to a DVD. This mode is super-duper slow on my computer, and it froze up a couple of times. But it works if you're patient.
(There's a third setting that you can use to transfer audio from LP or cassette to a CD. But I haven't tried this.)
One note about transferring video to DVD: While watching the preview screen, it will seem like the audio is out of sync with the video. But when we play the DVDs back on our TV, it matches up fine.
I've transferred 7 tapes so far. Overall, it does what it says. I do wish the advanced mode worked more smoothly, but for now I'm just thrilled it works, and that I can finally watch -- and share -- my old home movies!
First of all the kit comes with all cables that u need to connect, a small box called vidbox and instruction manual. You insert the CD into your laptop and off you go.
You will of course need a separate VHS player to play your VHS tapes.
Run the CD, register the product online which is easy and remember to re-start the computer, the software should prompt you to restart the computer once fully installed, once done the Cd installs the software and instruction manual onto your computer, click on the icon which guides you through the process. Now that I have used both easy menu and expert menu I can comment on both.
One caveat is that the best quality is achieved only when you record upto 110 minutes in one sitting, you can still record for longer duration with slight compromise in the quality of the recording. SO MAKE SURE UR TAPES ARE NOT LONGER THAN 70 MINUTES DURATION BEFORE U START RECORDING, if they are longer than 70 minutes duration then you can adjust the recording time on the menu pretty easily to fix this issue.
overall the converted video quality is decent, I personally use cocusoft products to reconvert dvd files to MP4 for palyback on quicktime.
Of note though you will need a seperate 3.5 to 3.5 mm cable or 3.5 to rca audio cable to convert audio cassettes to mp3 or wma format, I ordered them from amazon and recieved them today.
I am using 3.5mm to RCA cable via vidbox to convert my audio cassette files to WMA files, and LO IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM, AWESOME!!!.
I have previously tried audacity but found it complicated and confusing to use, but with Honestech the audio-file conversion is a breeze!!!, truly, just remember few things.
1. In the settings click on the noise reduction box and set noise reduction below - 10.0 ( minus ten point zero), I initially set noise reduction at the highest and the recording quality was very bad but once I set it to low level it worked like a charm, no hissing unlike with other software. ( NOW NOISE REDUCTION LEVEL OF - 11.2 IS WHERE I FOUND THE BEST QUALITY OF RECORDING WAS, BUT FOR YOU ALL IT MAY DEPEND ON YOUR COMPUTER SETTINGS AND ALSO THE QUALITY OF THE TAPE USED TO RECORD THE ORIGINAL, SO BY TRIAL AND ERROR USE YOUR OWN JUDGMENT.!!!)
2. In the audio device properties keep the ''master input mix'' bar at 25% level or lower, and in this setting the recoding was smooth and the output file had no hissing for me and the quality of recording was better than original.
3. Now this one is important, when you record using 3.5mm to rca audio cable via vidbox I have very little hissing only, however if you use 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable bypassing vidbox there is lots of hissing noise, so i think either the vidbox has a built in filter or it just does good job eliminating hissing, I have so far used only one type of 3.5mm to 3.5 mm cable to record the audio so unsure if the quality of the cable i used had anything to do with it??, anywayz if you want to convert cassette to wma then connecting to your computer through the vidbox probably gives you the best quality.
I shall try out various setting for video recording over next few weeks and update this review again.
Once again the audio conversion software works like a charm, I am happy with this software, so far it has been a great buy, instead of spending a fortune at walgreens or sams or other stores trying to get your old tapes converted, with he help of this software and a laptop you can get it done at home!!!, wow, I am happy.
Overall this product works as advertised and is a winner, thanks Honestech for a great product.
ADDENDUM - 01/06/2010
Advanced Video options are nice to use as well.
You can convert either in 4:3 of 16:9 format, one can convert the VHS to WMV format and store it on hard disc whils the basic simple format only lets you burn it onto dvd immediately after aquring the content. Easy record format only lets you record 110 minutes of best quality of video whilst advanced recording input u can do about 5-6 hours of WMV format recording which is awesome.
Some of the settings I used for advanced format included WMV format best video output possible at 4:3 since my VHS tapes were standard definition only. I initially did a mistake by trying to record to an external source HD connected via USB drive, you will achieve best performance quality by recording on the internal hard-drive of a laptop or a desktop, you can always transfer it to an external storage device, software froze up when i tried to record to an external HD but worked fine with internal HD.
You can also edit, join, unjoin, add effects to your video using th existing software which is cool too. you can also record it in various formats suiting VCD or DVD or WMV. For some reason there are no options for recording the video in MP4 format.
Overall an excellent source for someone who doesnot want to spend a fortune trying to get their home videos or LP or cassette tapes converted to digital MP3 or WMV pr WMA formats.
Most recent customer reviews
I had a little trouble setting up this software the first few times I...Read more