|Item Weight||7 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||10.6 x 8.9 x 0.3 inches|
|Item model number||2078309|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||Full Lifetime Guarantee - Each IRWIN hand tool is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the tool under normal wear and tear, except for damage caused by misuse or alteration.|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
IRWIN VISE-GRIP Multi-Tool Wire Stripper/Crimper/Cutter, 2078309
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.32. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$0.80 (6%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wire cutter with induction hardened cutting edge stays sharp longer
- Strips and cuts 10-22 AWG
- Pliers style nose allows wire stripper to pull and loop in wire
- Bolt cutter cuts bolts to size and leaves perfect lead thread
- Crimps insulated and non-insulated terminals
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Fast, accurate cutting with less hand fatigue
About IRWIN Tools
IRWIN Tools manufactures and distributes professional grade hand tools and power tool accessories worldwide for trade professionals who demand superior performance and durability on the job. IRWIN Tools' brand portfolio features user-preferred category leaders such as IRWIN, VISE-GRIP, MARATHON, QUICK-GRIP, SPEEDBOR, STRAIT-LINE, MARPLES, UNIBIT, and HANSON.
For over a century, innovation has been the hallmark of IRWIN Tools. putting IRWIN at been at the forefront of the industry, creating superior tools for the professional tradesman.
IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Strippers
Fast, easy stripping with soft-grip handles
Get the job done right with IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Strippers. Featuring comfortable, textured-grip handles, and special features such as AWG selection dials, spring-assisted jaw openings, built-in crimpers, quick-release locks, and dual-metal construction (features depend on model), IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Strippers are the tools you need to get electrical and other wire-based work done faster, easier, and with less hand fatigue.
- Comfortable, textured handles reduce hand fatigue
- Special features for specific applications
- Induction-hardened cutting edges
- Meets or exceeds all ANSI standards
IRWIN Has the Right Tool for the Job
IRWIN Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper
Self-adjusting stripper strips wire from 10-24 AWG.
IRWIN Multi-Tool Stripper/Crimper/Cutter
Induction hardened cutting edge stays sharp longer.
IRWIN Wire Stripper/Crimper/Cutter
6 stripping stations for 10-24 AWG selection adjusts for stripping wire of varying gauges.
IRWIN Wire Stripper/Cutter
10-20 AWG selection dial adjusts for stripping wire of varying gauges.
Make IRWIN Part of Your Total Worksite Solution
The IRWIN VISE-GRIP brand is legendary. Professional tradesmen have trusted the strength and durability of VISE-GRIP pliers since 1924. With proven performance in every turn, these are the tools that tradesmen choose first – and pass on to the next generation.
Anti-pinch, non-slip ProTouch Grips provide comfort, control, and less hand fatigue. VISE-GRIP offers a full line of pliers, wrenches, wire strippers, and more. IRWIN VISE-GRIP products continue to set the standard for dependability, quality, and innovation. ..today and tomorrow. Wherever there’s a need for a quality tool, IRWIN VISE-GRIP is on the job.
|IRWIN VISE-GRIP Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper||IRWIN VISE-GRIP Multi-Tool Stripper/Crimper/Cutter||IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripper/Crimper/Cutter||IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripper/Cutter|
|Supported AWG:||10 - 24||10 - 22||10 - 24||10 - 20|
|Induction-Hardened Cutting Edge:||✓|
|Plier-Style Nose for Looping Wire:||✓||✓|
|Quick Release Lock:||✓||✓|
|Built-in AWG Selection Dial:||✓|
Compare to similar items
This item IRWIN VISE-GRIP Multi-Tool Wire Stripper/Crimper/Cutter, 2078309
Hakko CHP-170 Micro Soft Wire Cutter, 1.5mm Stand-off, Flush Cut, 2.5mm Hardened Carbon Steel Construction, 21-Degree Angled Jaw, 8mm Jaw Length, 16 Gauge Maximum Cutting Capacity
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||8.94 x 10.62 x 0.34 in||4 x 2 x 11 in||3.6 x 5.9 x 0.8 in||2.9 x 7.8 x 0.6 in||3.75 x 9.5 x 0.75 in||4 x 10.1 x 0.6 in|
|Size||8-inch||8" - wire stripper||1 Unit||—||Small||—|
The IRWIN VISE-GRIP Multi-Tool Wire Stripper/Crimper/Cutter is a must-have for anyone performing electrical work. With an induction hardened cutting edge, this single tool combines a wire stripper, wire cutter, and crimper into one tool that strips and cuts 10-22 AWG, crimps insulated and non-insulated terminals, and cuts bolts to size with a perfect lead thread. This handy tool features a pliers nose for pulling and looping wire and ProTouch grips for maximum comfort and reduced hand fatigue to keep working all day. Meets or exceeds all ANSI standards.
Top customer reviews
Being a DIY-er I didn't (and still don't) need much more than the ability to clip standard sized wires, strip the plastic from the outside, and create the hook for the terminals (and manipulate it enough to get on if for some reason I don't do it with my hands).
If I had bought a $40 wire stripper from a brand name hardware store the surface coating might be more durable. But when you compare $15 vs $40 you have to cut corners somewhere.
I love the small size and well-made craftsmanship of this tool. The markings on the blades are easy to see and understand. I had a couple of dollar store crimper/cutter/strippers, and they don't work anything as good as this one does. However: the only problem is the placement of the stripper notches, below the pivot point of the cutters. This means you have to put the handle up and over the wire to get the blades in position to strip the insulation. This can be an awkward or self-limiting attempt, especially if you're trying to strip an in-place wire that you can't easily separate from a bundle or move into an easily accessible position. If not for that design limitation, these would be perfect.
Quality of Materials:
* Excellent, appears very durable.
Quality of Fabrication:
* Looks like a quality piece of gear; tool operates well.
Ease of Installation:
* As I noted, stripper blades make usage sometimes awkward.
Suitability for Purpose:
* My previous strippers don't hold a candle to this pair.
* As usual, Prime delivers fast and delivers well. Package was brand new
This is truly a must have for any wiring project that requires crimping, wire striping, or needle nose pliers. If you are trying to get by using needle nose pliers and a wire cutter you truly need to purchase this tool. It saved me a large amount of time and frustration while working on various wiring projects. This tool is high quality and will last a lifetime if treated properly.
1) I was looking for a crimping tool
2) I did not have a good set of wire strippers
3) A reviewer indicated that the wire strippers were awesome
4) I thought the price was excellent.
In using this tool as a crimper, I discovered that I have a tendency to "over crimp" the connectors. I don't see this as a failing of the tool...I see it as a failing of the user. I just don't have 'the touch' down yet. However, I was blown away by how well this tool strips wires.
1) Great price
2) The gauge guides for wire stripping appear to be right on the money (just as another reviewer noted). When I line up the wire in the correct hole and press the handle, I get this satisfying little "pop" that I feel when a wire stripper exactly cuts the insulation but does not touch the wire underneath. The gauge is that good.
3) It works flawlessly as a wire-cutter. It makes nice clean cuts.
4) It can be used to make crimps if you have the experience and a good feel for it. Given my limitations with crimping, it will be my backup crimper.
1) This is not a con of the product...but I don't make very good crimps with this tool. I blame me and not the tool. It is a solid tool, and I'm sure I could get really good at it with practice, but I wimped out and picked up a ratcheting crimper as well (in particular, I picked up S&G Tool Aid 18900 Professional Ratcheting Terminal Crimper).
I personally recommend the tool as a great wire stripper/cutter. As far as a crimper goes, your personal skill at crimping connectors will determine its usefulness. For my part, I like the stripping/cutting ability so much, along with the price point, that I intend to keep it for that purpose alone. The fact that it can serve as a back up crimping tool is a bonus.