VIVOSUN PH Meter Digital PH Tester Pen for Water
|Price:||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Ideal for residential or commercial use, water, pool, spas, liquid food, laboratory, aquaculture and hydroponics.
- Advanced technology makes the test result fast and accurate.Easy calibration (pH4.00, pH6.86).
- Pocket size, lightweight, high quality.
- With Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC). Adjust to water temperature and give pH reading almost instantly.
- What You Get: VIVOSUN pH meter, user manual, 2 x 1.5V button cells (built in), 3 x pH buffer powders, 1-year warranty and friendly customer service.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
VIVOSUN provides you with the premium hydroponics equipment.
VIVOSUN, bring green to life!
- Pocket Size
- High Quality and Durable
- Easy to Use
VIVOSUN PH Meter Digital PH Tester Pen for Water
How to use? Step 1: Remove the protective cap Step 2: Clean the electrode in distilled water and dry it Step 3: Turn the meter on by pressing the ON/OFF key Step 4: Immerse the pH meter electrode in the solution to be tested Step 5: Stir gently and wait for the display stabilizes Step 6: After finished, clean the electrode in distilled water and turn the meter off by pressing the ON/OFF key
- Don't touch the electrode by hard tools or fingers. Always replace the protective cap to keep electrode from drying out.
- Clean the electrode every time before and after using.
- When the meter cannot be turned on or the display fades, open the battery case and replace battery (pay attention to the polarity), then need to recalibrate the meter.
- Measure Range : 0.00 - 14.00 pH
- Resolution : 0.01 pH
- Accuracy : 0.05 pH
- Calibration: Two Points Automatic Calibration Button
- Power Supply: 2 x 1.5V LR44 Button Battery (keep using more than 500 hours)
- Dimension: 155 mm * 31 mm * 18 mm
- Weight: 50 g
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When I first saw this particular model from VIVOSUN, I decided to give it a try.
I received it today, and while I was satisfied with the packaging that it came in, the meter itself failed to meet expectations.
From the start, I was getting readings of 0.9, so I calibrated it repeatedly (even going so far as to follow the instructions).
Unfortunately, however, the calibrations refused to stick, and turning it off/on just reset it.
Eventually, the meter just stopped working properly altogether, and the display became unclear.
I understand that one meter is not indicative of widespread problems, but considering that other people have had calibrations issues as well, that should raise a flag.
If a pH meter is crucial, spend some money money and invest in a better meter.
Photo is of my pen in my DIY storage solution after 24 hours.
WARNINGS FOR ALL NOOBS: Do not trust or test any of these types of products for water resiliency. Do not drop them in water. Only the first 1-1.5in is supposed to ever go into a solution. It shows this on the piece of paper that comes with the product. To avoid contamination do not test directly in your solution. Pour some solution into a small glass to test. STORAGE: as soon as you open up your pen, store your product in electrode solution. If you are not smart: buy a bottle of solution on Amazon. If you are smart you can make your own: buy on Amazon a 1lb bag of KCL, an AMIR portable scale, and some graduated pipettes, and de-ionized water from the grocery store (mine had a machine I had to run to fill up with freshly filtered water). I tested distilled versus reverse osmosis and the RO water was closer to 7.0 so I used this for my solution. Then weigh out and mix 7.45g KCL in 100mL of your neutral water to make 4 molarity (4M) KCL solution. Boom. You now have a lifetime supply of storage solution. I found that through a quick Google Search (Omega Engineering's pH electrode PDF). Pull the pen out of solution, rinse off with a neutral water, put pen in a small glass with 1 inch of solution to test, record value, rinse off with neutral water, place pen back into storage solution.
I gave it four stars for several reasons:
1) "Very accurate". Meaning, it helps me get closer to the pH I want by increasing accuracy within a 0.1 to 0.5pH range. I don't trust the factory calibration because I have already used it with some variance. I think as soon as you take an electrode out and use it on one source of water you have impaired its ability to test another solution. For analog chemical reagent tests, I have used a general purpose hot tub kit and a General Hydroponics reagent test. It beats the hot tub kit by a huge margin (since that reagent test only tests from 6.8 to 8.2), and the GH reagent kit by a margin of 0.5-0.9pH. E.g. GH was showing 6.5pH, actual 6.2 (with this pen). Then I adjusted pH. GH showed 5.0. Actual was 5.8 (with this pen).
2) "Cheap" - can't find anything cheaper.
3) It only includes 1 calibration test kit and no reference of where to get more. I would pay $5-$10 more to have a bundle of calibration packets added to my order.
4) The display light does not stay on and there is no "light" button.
I bought a second one, and it worked for about 2 months and now will not calibrate when I follow the directions precisely. It's stuck on 4.0 cal, and will not roll to the 6.86 calibration mode. I had to go back to the original one with no light, and about 50% of the time when I attempt to calibrate I get an "Err" message. Pretty frustrating.
if youre just looking for basic PH reading then this pen is perfect.
This meter may look like old technology but I assure you that there is no screw in the back for calibration, it's just the shell to house the components. The meter is very smart with 3 point auto calibration that is very easy to achieve with calibration solutions and extremely accurate.
If you don't have 2 meters I highly suggest that you do. You never know if one meter may be off. With the price of this meter and if you don't have another brand, I'd buy 2 of these. Still cheaper than a lot of the inferior meters found on Amazon.
Another great product from VIVOSUN!
Top international reviews
Pen is much quicker to get stable than last one I owned.
Good build quality and great value for price.
This is a must need for any gardener. I even tested my fish tanks!
Great PH pen, a must buy!