VIVOSUN 10"x20" Seedling Heat Mat and Digital Thermostat Combo Set
|Sale:||$28.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$27.00 (48%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Seedling heat mat for better plant growth and flower seed germination.
- Warms root area 10 to 20 degrees over ambient temperature.
- Dimensions: Heat Mat -10"x 20" / Thermostat: 5.25" x 3" x 1.5"
- The digital thermostat provides constant optimum temperature between 68-108℉/20-42℃ for your specific crops.
- Package Includes: 1 - Heat Mat / 1 - Digital Thermostat
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
1. Locate a flat, dry surface of the appropriate size for your heat mat.
Avoid cold surfaces, and they will counteract the heating ability of the heat mat.
2. Plug the heat mat's electrical cord into a standard 120-volt outlet.
3. Place a propagation tray or other plant container on the heat mat.
For best results, cover seedlings/cuttings with a humidity dome.
Failure to observe the following safety guidelines may result in fire, electrical shock and/or damage to the heat mat.
1. Never allow the heat mat to become submerged in water or any other liquid.
2. Don't place the heat mat on surfaces that emit heat (like heated floors) or insulating surfaces (like carpets or rugs).
3. Don't place the heat mat on rough or pointed surfaces, as this can damage it.
4. Don't fold or crease the heat mat. Ensure that no part of the mat touches any other part of the mat's surface.
5. Do not wrap the heat mat around anything, including potted plants.
6. Do not cover the mat with any other material.
The surface of the heating mat may reach over 100 degrees Fahrenheit,
depending on the target soil temperature, exercise caution against prolonged bare skin contact.
The Digital Heat Mat is designed to achieve the desired heat temperature within 5 hours.
If it takes longer than 5 hours, or if the mat runs for longer than 5 hours, desired temperatures are
not being reached. To conserve power and increase the mat's effectiveness, move the mat to a
more insulated surface.You can also add a humidity dome to cover the seedling tray, which makes for heat retention.
The heating mat is warmed by inner heating wires, which is a pure resistance circuit that cannot be caught fire.
Top Customer Reviews
As others have said, one of the LED segments in the display of the thermostat burned out pretty much immediately. I can still tell what it's supposed to say, but if you're a perfectionist, this may bother you. It doesn't affect the functionality.
EDIT: Within hours after leaving this review, Vivosun reached out to me with an offer to replace the thermostat. When I inquired "how," they replied with "no worries, already on its way." Phenomenal customer service, and highly recommended! That's truly rare these days, and I will be a repeat customer. Review changed to 5 stars.
EDIT 2: A new thermostat was at my door this morning (2 days after communicating with Vivosun customer service.) Absolutely outstanding; they've made a loyal customer out of me. Highly recommended.
The size for me is excellent since I don't make large batches. It takes a little while to heat up if it's in a cold room, maybe like 15 minutes? I don't have any other thermometer so I can't tell if the reading is accurate, but my tempeh has come out well each time so I know the temperature reading can't be TOO far off.
All in all, this is a much cheaper alternative for me than buying some kind of food dehydrator or specific tempeh incubator. It also means I don't need to bust out the tools to rig up a cooler with a lightbulb and a light dimmer. This is a simple solution for me, and the price isn't too bad for its purpose. I'm happy with this purchase.
Though some reviewers had issues with the display mine functioned clearly and reliably and I've had it running non stop for 12 weeks now. The cords running from the control unit to the wall outlet measures 66" while the cord running from the mat to the control unit runs a even 6', making for a decent length of cord on both sides of the control unit.
Finally the company is fairly proactive and responsive, having responded quickly via email with a couple of questions I had. All this, for the price, makes this a easy recommendation.
This is my honest opinion. I was NOT COMPENSATED in any way what-so-ever for this review.
On the downside, this thing had absolutely no instructions, just an insert advertising their _other_ products. Not that it needs a lot, but you have to play with the buttons to figure out how to set the thermostat. There are lights indicating "power" and "heating" that are almost impossible to read, since they are labeled with white text on a yellow background. There's no mention of where to put the probe - from something I read elsewhere it apparently goes in the soil which makes sense, as opposed on top - but I'm still unclear on how waterproof the probe part is, like do I need to worry about water getting inside the metal part, is it ok to just water? And some suggested temperatures for plants would have been nice.