Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on August 30, 2013
i gave it 5 stars because I can't give it 4.5 but it is better than a 4.

The only issue is keyboard related sometimes key presses are missed sometimes there are double taps. This is hardware related not software. (maybe firmware...?)

Also Win8 never saw the light on this it was booted to partedmagic and wiped. F2 gets you to BIOS turn off secure boot and change boot order. There is no boot menu.

Specs:
Memory: 4 gig DDR3 1333MHz (Don't believe it can be upgraded) If it can it won't be easy.
Storage: Toshiba THNSNS128GMCP 128gig msata SSD (~450-500 mb/s using hdparm -tT /dev/sda) ext4 with noatime,discard mount flags and noop disk scheduler )
Wireless: 802.11a/b/g/n (its and Atheros card not sure on the model)
Battery: Specs say 7 Hours Arch Linux is saying ~5-6

Everything is working great (besides the keyboard issues mentioned above). Followed the laptop Arch guide and the SSD guide the only thing I don't have working is the Wireless FN key and the display switch key. All other keys worked when I added them to XFCE keyboard settings.

V-key (Web browser key)
Wireless key scankey doesn't pick up key press
Switch Display scankey doesn't pick up key press
Display off scankey doesn't pick up key press but display is turned off
Dim display
Brighten display
Mute
increase vol
decrease vol
previous track
pause/play
next track

So if you are going to use Linux for this thing it works great. I don't know how well it would have worked in Windows 8. I am sure probably not very well considering the metro interface is kind of a touch screen thing.

Overall this laptop is sweet and if there were no keyboard issues I could give it a Full 5 star rating. I see Vizio making some nice laptops in the future.
on August 9, 2014
I'd give it a 4.7, but I just rounded it up to a five.

Overall, this is a great laptop from the 3 weeks I've had with it. The 14 inch screen is perfect for mobility, and the resolution (1600x900) looks very crisp and clean to the seemingly common 1366x768 found in most laptops. The laptop comes with NO bloatware bullcrap and it runs like a champ with the i5. It boots up and shuts down super fast. Did I mention the thing looks FREAKING SEXY? It looks to be pretty durable too.

My only complaints, which are minor, are mostly the keyboard, mousepad, and the lack of ports and standard lock slot for security cables. The keyboard has a bit shallow keys, but I quickly got used to it and it works fine - I haven't had any issues with the keyboard like some others. However, the mousepad (trackpad) upon first use was kinda crappy, but with a driver update from VIZIO, it works so much better. Windows 8 is meh, but upgraded to 8.1 it works so much better, looks better, and is easier to get used to coming from Windows 7. The lack of a security cable slot was a pain for me, as I am heading to college with this, but I found a security cable that works through the hinge between the screen and the keyboard for security (link here for those who are interested: http://www.amazon.com/PNY-ThinkSafe-Portable-MacBook-P-TSAL1-RB/dp/B0093HNV2A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407616989&sr=8-3&keywords=pny+cable). The lack of ports might be frustrating to some, but 2 USB ports, an HDMI port, and a headset port are good enough for me. As stated earlier, the SSD is super fast, but only about 90 GB of the 128 GB SSD was usable - so be careful to not download too many big movies or games (the Intel HD 4000 on-board GPU doesn't run games too well anyways).

The battery is a little bit small, however, this IS an ultrabook, so battery life isn't going to be phenomenal. I get 4-7 hours out of this, depending on power setting, screen brightness, and what programs I'm running. The speakers aren't great, but they aren't bad - I suggest using some good ol' headphones.

I would really recommend this ultrabook for those who are looking for a good screen, good specs, and something that is very mobile. Most of the issues aren't a big deal to me and are fixable. The price of 500ish was a great deal for this, especially for what it's offering, but I wouldn't pay more than 600 for this.

**YOU MIGHT NOTICE THAT THE F1-F12 KEYS AREN'T WORKING, YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE UPWARD ARROW IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER (NEAR BATTERY STATUS) AND TURN OFF FN+ (SPECIAL FUNCTION KEY MODE), OR HOLD DOWN THE FN KEY AND ONE OF THE F1-F12 KEYS TO GET THEM TO WORK**
on March 18, 2015
Ordered this for my Son and it arrived with a dead battery. Only noticed this after spending hours upgrading from windows 8.0 to 8.1. Would be nice if the product shipped with the more recent windows 8.1 as it is a huge improvement.

After having seen others complain of the same issue (dead battery) we returned the product. Partly this was because we were not impressed with the build quality. The edges to the laptop feel very sharp and the texture feels a bit odd. Perhaps not an issue for some folks, but my Son has sensory issues; so just be aware it will dig into your wrists a bit and feels a bit odd.

Additionally the lack of keyboard light was a bit sad. It seems standard these days; why it's not included I don't know.

On the plus side this machine ships with no spamware loaded. This was our main reason for buying it. It is also light and silent from the disk; although the fan is very noisy. I guess it depends on your workload.

Overall despite this it is a nice machine but I can't forgive shipping with a dead battery. Hence a lower star rating.
on July 31, 2014
Edit : I am taking 1 star away , after using it for some time I can feel the pain in using the keyboard which keps typing some letters 2 times and i have to keep correcting and the track pad is a pain too it keeps getting stuck and it is really tough to use the right click which together is a very bad combination, also i feel like i will get carpal tunnel syndrome from this keyboard ,,,,sorry love the form and screen but you got to have a good keyboard and trackpad.

I have just had it for a couple of days so here are my first impressions ;

Pros :
Nice screen , very bright and sharp colors
Fast Boot ; SSD makes a difference
Nice Design - very thin

however it is surprisingly heavy ! for a laptop that is so thin you pick it up thinking it must be light but is surprisingly heavy . or may be it is the weight distribution.

the design is thin but in doing so the edges have been made sharp and sometimes they can actually chafe at the hands while typing

the Key board has been Ok to me so far but the track pad can be a bit painful hopefully it will be better with the driver update

Windows 8 has its own peculiarities but i can cope with it

Overall a decent laptop fr the price with the nice design , fast boot up with SSD and nice screen , I just wish it was a little lighter
on June 12, 2014
The back screw have been opened, it must be someone opened this laptop and didn't show up this kind condition in the description when I was buying it. It cannot charge, I have to use the charger to use. I couldn't believe that there has a seller that using this kind junk to cheat customer.
on October 18, 2013
The best laptop you can get out there, specially for the price they are asking for right now!
I'll make this review as short and precise as possible.

Most of the complaints are regarding the track pad, keyboard and available ports.
-The track pad can be fixed through a driver update.
-The keyboard is all about getting used to it. As of now i dont have any problems at all with the keyboard, it works as expected and i can type as good as with any other laptop.
-Available ports, well i suppose most of the buyers weighed in the pros and cons, including the specs.

Pros
-Very good design, probably the best design of all Windows laptops
-Screen is gorgeous
-Runs very fast
-Very very good price since this is an older model

Cons
-Track pad needed a driver update before it worked properly
-Keyboard not backlit
-A bit hard to pen the lid, lets see if this improves over time

At the current prices, this laptop is a steal. After updating the drivers it turns out to be a very good laptop. The complaints regarding the keyboard and ports boils down to personal preference. When i bought this laptop i knew what i was getting into.
So take your pick, form follows function or function follows form?
I took the latter and im happy i did.

Buy with confidence!

UPDATE: 1/2/2015
The laptop has been working "almost" flawlessly since i bought it.
The only serious problem that i had was with the screen. Long story short, my little nephew (Around 3 years old) once stepped onto the laptop while it was laying on the bed closed and it caused the screen to show some seriously annoying artifacts for a month or so. After the incident i continued using the laptop as usual since it was not broken and then suddenly one day it fixed by itself. Yes, it really did fix by itself!
My best guess would be that when my nephew stepped on the laptop it loosened something inside because everytime i applied a very subtle twisting force on the screen lid the artifact would go away. Problem has not showed up since, not a single time and that is pretty much the only problem i ever had.
Great laptop, fast and looks sleek . . . the best Windows laptop out there.
I wish Vizio still continued manufacturing and improving these laptops, i was planning to get a second one with update hardware and a touch screen.
Can't believe they decided to pull out of the PC market because IMO these were the best Windows laptops out there in terms of design and value for money. (I bought it brand new for around half of the original retail price, brand new)
on October 25, 2015
At first I was skeptical, about the low price, but I was relieved when I got the product and saw that it was in excellent condition. This machine is the best ultrabook I have ever seen, or own.
on August 13, 2014
This lab top computer is under rated. It's an excellent computer, I run a small business and it gets the job done without any problems, beautiful pictures, pretty fast, cool and sleek looking, very light, and most importantly it doesn't over heat.
on June 5, 2013
Overall not a bad machine. I get very good battery life and the laptop runs cool. The only complaint I have is the keyboard which is so flat, I have no feel for where I am on the keys. I get tons of typo. You get used to it and it get less of an issue over time. A better keyboard would make this a sweet machine.
on August 25, 2014
The laptop is very thin and light and Very good stylist. I like it so much. I played for 20 minutes. I found out the battery is bad. It's not charging. The battery shows 0% charge.