Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "VIZIO E320VA 32-Inch Class LCD HDTV, Black" and save 18% off the $329.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO E320VA 32-Inch Class LCD HDTV, Black
Want this professionally installed?
- Installation of 1 customer-supplied TV mounting bracket
- Securing the TV and load testing the hardware
- Cord concealment within provider-supplied cover
- TV cannot be mounted above a fireplace
- TV mounting is for drywall only
- Mounting brackets requiring assembly by the pro may result in a revised estimate
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 50,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound
- Exceeds Energy Star 4.0 guidelines
- Ambient Light Sensing technology
- Four HDMI ports
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item VIZIO E320VA 32-Inch Class LCD HDTV, Black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||DataVision Computer Video||ETMIND||Outlet|
|Connectivity Technology||No||Built-in Wi-Fi||No||No|
|Screen Size||32 in||32 in||32 in||32 in|
|Item Dimensions||30.64 x 8.48 x 21.73 in||7.87 x 28.6 x 19.03 in||7.87 x 28.71 x 19.08 in||7.48 x 29.05 x 19.44 in|
|Item Weight||22.7 lbs||11.79 lbs||10.36 lbs||12.57 lbs|
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz||120 Hz||60 Hz||120 hertz|
|Total HDMI Ports||—||2||2||2|
VIZIO’s E320VA 32-Inch LCD HDTV delivers superior picture and audio quality at an amazing value. Includes SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound and four HDMI ports to connect up to four HDMI devices to your TV. Exceeds Energy Star 4.0 guidelines to reduce energy consumption.
VIZIO's E320VA 32" LCD HDTV delivers superior picture and audio quality at an amazing value. This flat screen LCD HDTV features SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound, 50,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, and four HDMI ports to connect up to four HDMI devices to your TV. Also, the E320VA consumes 58% less energy than the 32" 2009 model, exceeding ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines, when the TV is turned on, to reduce energy consumption and utilizes built-in ambient light sensing technology, which automatically adjusts backlight levels to the brightness of its surroundings.
Auto-adjusting sensors provide efficient ambient lighting.
Experience immersive virtual high definition surround sound.
Deep blacks and brighter whites via a 50,000:1 ratio.
Save money as you conserve the planet's resources with ECO HD.
- 32-inch LCD HDTV featuring 1366 x 768 pixels and support for 1.06 billion colors.
- 50,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- Ambient Lighting is achieved as energy efficient sensors auto-adjust brightness for the perfect picture regardless of room conditions.
- 178/178 Degree Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room.
- Two Built-in 10-watt Speakers provide clear room-filling sound.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers.
- Included Remote is stylish and enables you to easily control every function of your TV.
- ECO HD exceeds the current ENERGY STAR 4.1, saving you money on utilities, while limiting the impact on our planet.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support.
- HDMI (with HDCP): 4 (one on side)
- Component Plus Stereo Audio: 1
- Composite Video: 1
- RF: 1
- USB: 1
- Computer Input (RGB): 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- TV with stand: 30.65" x 21.73" x 8.48" (WxHxD); 22.70 pounds
- TV without stand: 30.65" x 20.14" x 3.19" (WxHxD); 18.74 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO E320VA 32-inch LCD HDTV, detachable base with thumbscrews, VIZIO VUR11 remote (includes 2 AAA batteries), user manual, registration card, quickstart guide, power cord, screen cleaning cloth.
- Screen Size: 32-inches
- Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM
- Native Panel Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels
- Signal Compatibility: 1080i, 720P, 480P, 480i
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 50,000:1
- Brightness: 450 CD/m2
- Response Time: 8ms
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Panel Type: CCFL, LCD
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): No
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): No
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: Yes
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: No
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM Demodulation: Yes
- ATSC with MPEG-2 Decoding: Yes
- NTSC Video Decoding via Video: Yes
- Progressive Scan Video: Yes
- Remote Control: VIZO VUR11
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 60,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 120 Vac at 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 58W, <1W Standby
- Wall Mount Hole Pattern: VESA standard 200mm x 200mm
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The picture is bright and sharp on both units. The 47" is hooked to 1080 HD (I use DishNetwork HD receiver) via HDMI cable and it is impressive - as you might expect for HD. The 32" is hooked to the coaxial input distribution system I use at my home and it is also a top notch picture for a simple coaxial cable hookup. However, please note that there is NO S-Video input at all and the COMPOSITE input (single yellow RCA cable) simply plugs into one of the three RGB COMPONENT RCA inputs. That's maybe a bit confusing but not a deal breaker for me.
The remote is full featured as it controls screen size, input selection, Closed Caption and the like with dedicated buttons. Very convenient. The remote also accesses an extensive menu system that allows detailed adjustments of audio and video. Also found in the menu is a JPG viewing feature that allows you to watch slide shows and sort photos by plugging in a common USB drive. I plug the SD card from my camera into a USB card reader adapter, plug it into the Vizio, and review my photos right out of the camera. The USB jack on the rear left is a little difficult, but not impossible, to get to if the TV is flush mounted on a wall.
PROS - these are not top of the line TV's, but I am of the opinion that most TV's have a pretty good picture if set up correctly. I use an Avia DVD to calibrate and it really does make a difference. I never use factory or preset audio or video settings - I turn them all off. More on that later as it pertains to complaints about poor audio performance from some reviewers. Also, the manual is written well and is useful and concise. I address the audio issues below but can say that the small stereo speakers on this TV sound pretty good although a bit weak in the deep bass. (Please note that anyone running this TV via HDMI but not using a surround audio system is missing half the fun of HD TV - namely the great stereo or 5 channel audio now available on most HD channels).
CONS - I have noticed that once or twice the TV has turned off when I hit the EXIT button on the remote. While clearly a harmless software glitch, it has happened so infrequently that I debated even mentioning it. However, some others may have had more serious trouble with that issue so in the interest of full disclosure I mention it here.
There are also complaints from reviewers concerning audio being too loud, too soft, and the volume going up and down! Folks, please turn off all audio enhancements on your receiver/cable box and the TV. Useless stuff with silly names like "Super Surround", "Big Bass Synthesizer", "Wide Sound Enhancer" "Video SuperSharp" and other useless factory settings should be turned off and left off! Check you receiver, your Vizio menus, and anything else in the signal chain and turn all of that extra crap off. Think about it, if you have both the receiver and the TV doing strange things to the pure, clean digital audio/video feeds - there is no telling how all those settings may affect each other. Did I mention turning off all audio/video helpers, enhancements and conditioners? If you want big sound buy a 5.1 surround system. Even the cheap ones sound pretty good these days and watching HD TV without 5.1 surround is like eating Oreos without any milk. This also explains why some of us really don't care how the TV sounds as we never use our TV speakers/audio at all!
COMPARISON - my cheap 47" Vizio looks better than my neighbors very expensive 50" Sony TV. We both have DishHD service, we both use an HDMI cable and are using 1080i resolution. Why does my cheap tv have a better picture? Simple - buy or borrow a calibration disk and take 30 minutes to set up your TV - then write down the settings for future use if needed. I use an Avia but there are others just as good. IMHO most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference between these TV's and the high priced units some people buy - particularly if the video is calibrated correctly. If browsing in a showroom, be careful to ignore picture brightness as a selling feature as every TV salesperson knows that uninformed buyers will go for the brighter picture every time.
Lastly, please be kindly advised that any digital HDMI or Fiber Optic cable will provide pristine, perfect audio and video feeds. The nature of digital means that the cable either works or it doesn't! The cheap HDMI cables sold here at Amazon and elsewhere will provide exactly the same 1080iHD picture and 5.1 audio as the "Super Monstrosity Mega" cable for ten times more money. Sales people may tell you different, they may even believe their lies, but I have no reason to lie to you as I don't want to sell you anything. One caveat though - if you are running a long HDMI cable run (say 25 feet or longer), you could have trouble trying to use a super cheap HDMI cable.
I really appreciate the thoughtful reviews of others as a valuable buying tool and I hope this review has helped you too. Whatever brand you decide on - enjoy your new TV!
Video: Excellent quality. Easily I can feel of the quality compared to my old tube TV :). HD channels are awesome. However regular digital channels do not look good. Anyways I am not going to watch regular channels going forward. :). Connected to laptop via VGA port and can use this TV as a monitor and to watch movies from Netflix/laptop. Bit confused about PC audio (port was not visible) and 30mins call with VIZIO resolved the issue.
Audio: I saw many bad reviews here. However I am not seeing any issues. Turn off TRUVOLUME and everything will be fine. Playing from DVD players gives very good sound compared to regular TV channels.
Happy with my purchase so far. Amazon is excellent in delivering the product on time. Will have one more review after a month or so.
Purchase this TV if you are looking LCD under 300. You will not be disappointed with the purchase. DO NOT compare with bigger size LED TVs.
The only thing I'm not sure about this model, or, if I may say about VIZIO is the quality of the materials they use to build their products, the "plastic" or whatever the material is called that surrounds the screen, like the main frame looks kind of weak, and in the few weeks I've had this TV, I have already noticed some dents, I'm not sure if I caused them myself while unpacking the TV... anyway, if you're like me and you put your dollars in high consideration when making a decision to buy something, it may be worth it. It costed me $299 no tax, no shipping, I got 6 months no interest in Amazon... so! Good luck!
First issue I found out during installation, the HDMI 1 does not work correctly. If I use that slot, I get weird specs that flash on the display. So I switched HDMI to slot 2 and the specs go away. I can deal with that.
Second issue, which I heard about in reviews here, is that the volume would fluctuate. Check. Yup, it does, pretty annoying and suprising that a set does this in 2010.
Third and most important issue I have found. (UPDATE) Now I think this is resolved. After reading the manual I noticed there as something called DCR. If you don't want to go crazy turn this feature off. It does not work correctly. The picture brightness fluctuated wildly. Now that I have turned this off it does seem to be better. So I have edited my review and have given 3 stars up from 1.