- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO E420VO 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black (2010 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Installation of 1 customer-supplied TV mounting bracket
- Securing the TV and load testing the hardware
- Cord concealment within provider-supplied cover
- TV cannot be mounted above a fireplace
- TV mounting is for drywall only
- Mounting brackets requiring assembly by the pro may result in a revised estimate
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1080p Full HD
- 100,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio
- Ambient Light Sensing technology
- Exceeds Energy StarTM 4.0 guidelines
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
VIZIO's E420VO 42" LCD HDTV delivers full 1080p HD picture quality and superior audio quality at an amazing value. Includes SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound and two HDMI ports to connect up to two HDMI devices to your TV. Exceeds Energy StarTM 4.0 guidelines to reduce energy consumption.
VIZIO's E420VO 42" LCD HDTV delivers full 1080p HD picture quality and superior audio at an amazing value. This flat screen LCD HDTV features SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound, 100,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, and two HDMI ports to connect up to two HDMI devices to your TV. When turned on, the E420VO also exceeds ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines to reduce energy consumption and utilizes built-in ambient light sensing technology, which automatically adjusts backlight levels to the brightness of its surroundings.
Razor sharp clarity via full 1080p High-Def resolution.
Experience immersive virtual high definition surround sound.
Deep blacks and brighter whites via a 100,000:1 ratio.
Auto-adjusting sensors provide efficient ambient lighting.
- 42-inch HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 1.06 billion colors
- Full 1080p High Definition resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp
- 100,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio delivers deeper blacks and brighter whites through contrast and dimensions
- Digital Ambient Lighting is achieved as energy efficient sensors auto-adjust brightness for the perfect picture regardless of room conditions
- 178-Degree horizontal/vertical viewing angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room
- Two built-in 10-watt speakers provide room-filling sound
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers
- Included Remote enables you to easily control your TV, and other devices
- ECO HD exceeds the current ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines, saving you money on utility bills, while limiting the impact on our planet
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support
- HDMI (with HDCP): 2
- Component: 1
- Composite Video: 1
- RF: 1
- Computer Input (RGB): 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- Stereo Audio Output: 1
- USB: 1 (side)
- TV with stand: 40.3" x 27.6" x 9.6" (WxHxD); 34.2 pounds
- TV without stand: 40.3" x 26.2" x 3.8" (WxHxD); 32.6 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO E420VO 1080p LCD HDTV, detachable base with thumbscrew, VIZIO VR15 remote (includes 2 AA batteries), safety strap, user manual, registration card, quickstart guide, power cord.
- Screen Size: 42 inches
- Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM
- Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Signal Compatibility: 1080p(FHDTV), 1080i, 720P, 480P, 480i
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 100,000:1
- Brightness: 500 nits
- Response Time: 8ms
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): No
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): No
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: No
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: No
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: Yes
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM demodulation: Yes
- ATSC with MPEG-2 decoding: Yes
- NTSC Video decoding via Video: Yes via RF or Composite Video
- Progressive Scan Video: Yes, thru Component VGA or HDMI
- Remote Control: VIZIO VR15
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 50,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 120Vac at 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 86W (avg), 0.32W Standby
- Wall Mount Hole Pattern: VESA standard 200mm x 200mm
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Rent or Buy more than 50,000 Titles from Amazon Video On Demand
With Amazon Video On Demand, VIZIO customers with either an Internet ready HDTV or an HDTV with additional Internet enabled devices (sold separately), can now instantly watch more than 50,000 commercial-free movies and television shows, including hit new releases and the latest episodes available in HD.
Streaming the Way You Want It
Using an intuitive interface, customers can order movies right from their couch and enjoy instant playback without waiting for lengthy downloads or annoying commercials. Prices start as low as $.99 and no subscription fee is required.
Choose from thousands of movies and TV shows by browsing in the Amazon Video On Demand section on your VIZIO TV. Access and add to your virtual library of purchases via Amazon Video On Demand's Your Video Library and re-watch anytime on your VIZIO TV, your PC or Mac and other compatible devices.
Rent or Buy
Renting and purchasing titles is a snap with the power of Amazon's 1-click purchasing. Order new release movies and the latest TV shows right from your couch and you're watching within seconds. Prices start as low as $.99.
Using your VIZIO TV, enjoy Amazon Video On Demand's high quality video on any TV. Videos playback instantly, without waiting for a download. Purchases and rentals are added to Your Video Library and stored online by Amazon so you can conveniently watch them on your VIZIO television, PC or Mac, and other compatible devices.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One thing that seems small, but is something I really like is that when you hit the 'on' button, the Vizio logo changes from white to orange so you know the TV received the signal. It only takes a couple seconds for the screen to display, but you could actually turn it back off thinking you didn't hit the button right without that signal.
I'm in an apartment with people living closely around me so it was important to get something with nice built in, front facing speakers, but not too loud or too much bass. I would say the speakers are surprisingly good quality, and have a very full sound.
This was perfect.
I've also seen the LED tvs come out and thought about buying one, but really the differences are not enough to warrant getting a new one just yet. And yes, I know what the differences are between the two, but this one still works like a dream 4 years later. I'd like to add... for a "bigger" tv It's only 32 pounds... easy to pick up and move if I need to ( I LOVE this).
The only problem I've had recently is the remote will sometimes not work and I have to smack it on my leg or with my other hand lol... but I just bought a universal remote to replace the old one. Overall, if for what ever reason you don't like LED TVs and are looking for a decent LCD, look no further. This one has served me well, and I have no doubt that it'll be a good tv for anyone else.
The picture was not very bright at first, but after making several adjustments under picture settings, the picture brightened up considerably. I do not see any difference however in the brightness with the windows wide open, I still have to shut them at least partially in order to see the picture well. I have this feature set on high, maybe that is the wrong setting?
The picture is very clear and I have no complaints about it once the brightness got OK. It seems like the movies from Netflix (using an internet-connected LG Blue ray player) are really really good quality, as are videos, movies from other internet channels (I got rid of DirecTV).
The sound -- here's the bad part. The sound from the TV speakers is horrible. I am not an audiophile, but it really is pretty amazingly bad...very thin, tinny, sounds like it is coming out of a tin can. I made several adjustments under Audio settings, but none of them could make it sound much better. However, I am using the same (very very cheap) surround system I used with my previous (oldstyle) TV, and the sound from that is awesome...even better than it was before. I attribute this, however to the LG player, not the TV.
I am satisfied so far, but certainly would not recommend this TV to someone who does not have external speakers. Perhaps more to come later...
UPDATE: I have now had this TV for 17 months. Narrow, vertical, purple lines are showing up on the screen, there are three so far and they keep getting darker. I have contacted Vizio, but don't expect any help, since my warranty expired 5 months ago. As stated by others, do NOT buy this TV without the extended warranty!!!!!!!
My only advise is to consider a faster shipping method than standard. The TV arrived 12 days after purchase through Home Direct. The delivery people were friendly and courteous but the TV shipped from Arizona - almost the other coast away - and we missed a weekend of football. So, if you want it faster - upgrade the shipping method or I should have used my son's Amazon Prime account for possibly a faster delivery
Very satisfied for now and will update if anything happens along the way.