- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO E420VO 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black (2010 Model)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1080p Full HD
- 100,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio
- Ambient Light Sensing technology
- Exceeds Energy StarTM 4.0 guidelines
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: VIZIO
- Model Number: E420VO
- Display Technology: LCD
- Display Size: 42.00 inches
- Image Contrast Ratio: 100000:1
VIZIO's E420VO 42" LCD HDTV delivers full 1080p HD picture quality and superior audio at an amazing value. This flat screen LCD HDTV features SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound, 100,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, and two HDMI ports to connect up to two HDMI devices to your TV. When turned on, the E420VO also exceeds ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines to reduce energy consumption and utilizes built-in ambient light sensing technology, which automatically adjusts backlight levels to the brightness of its surroundings.
Razor sharp clarity via full 1080p High-Def resolution.
Experience immersive virtual high definition surround sound.
Deep blacks and brighter whites via a 100,000:1 ratio.
Auto-adjusting sensors provide efficient ambient lighting.
- 42-inch HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 1.06 billion colors
- Full 1080p High Definition resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp
- 100,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio delivers deeper blacks and brighter whites through contrast and dimensions
- Digital Ambient Lighting is achieved as energy efficient sensors auto-adjust brightness for the perfect picture regardless of room conditions
- 178-Degree horizontal/vertical viewing angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room
- Two built-in 10-watt speakers provide room-filling sound
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers
- Included Remote enables you to easily control your TV, and other devices
- ECO HD exceeds the current ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines, saving you money on utility bills, while limiting the impact on our planet
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support
- HDMI (with HDCP): 2
- Component: 1
- Composite Video: 1
- RF: 1
- Computer Input (RGB): 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- Stereo Audio Output: 1
- USB: 1 (side)
- TV with stand: 40.3" x 27.6" x 9.6" (WxHxD); 34.2 pounds
- TV without stand: 40.3" x 26.2" x 3.8" (WxHxD); 32.6 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO E420VO 1080p LCD HDTV, detachable base with thumbscrew, VIZIO VR15 remote (includes 2 AA batteries), safety strap, user manual, registration card, quickstart guide, power cord.
- Screen Size: 42 inches
- Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM
- Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Signal Compatibility: 1080p(FHDTV), 1080i, 720P, 480P, 480i
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 100,000:1
- Brightness: 500 nits
- Response Time: 8ms
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): No
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): No
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: No
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: No
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: Yes
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM demodulation: Yes
- ATSC with MPEG-2 decoding: Yes
- NTSC Video decoding via Video: Yes via RF or Composite Video
- Progressive Scan Video: Yes, thru Component VGA or HDMI
- Remote Control: VIZIO VR15
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 50,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 120Vac at 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 86W (avg), 0.32W Standby
- Wall Mount Hole Pattern: VESA standard 200mm x 200mm
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Rent or Buy more than 50,000 Titles from Amazon Video On Demand
With Amazon Video On Demand, VIZIO customers with either an Internet ready HDTV or an HDTV with additional Internet enabled devices (sold separately), can now instantly watch more than 50,000 commercial-free movies and television shows, including hit new releases and the latest episodes available in HD.
Streaming the Way You Want It
Using an intuitive interface, customers can order movies right from their couch and enjoy instant playback without waiting for lengthy downloads or annoying commercials. Prices start as low as $.99 and no subscription fee is required.
Choose from thousands of movies and TV shows by browsing in the Amazon Video On Demand section on your VIZIO TV. Access and add to your virtual library of purchases via Amazon Video On Demand's Your Video Library and re-watch anytime on your VIZIO TV, your PC or Mac and other compatible devices.
Rent or Buy
Renting and purchasing titles is a snap with the power of Amazon's 1-click purchasing. Order new release movies and the latest TV shows right from your couch and you're watching within seconds. Prices start as low as $.99.
Using your VIZIO TV, enjoy Amazon Video On Demand's high quality video on any TV. Videos playback instantly, without waiting for a download. Purchases and rentals are added to Your Video Library and stored online by Amazon so you can conveniently watch them on your VIZIO television, PC or Mac, and other compatible devices.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
This is my 5th flat screen TV. My oldest Philips plasma TV is still working after close to 8 years. My mother-in-law bought a Vizio plasma TV about 3 years ago, it just died recently too. They must have really poor quality assurance.
If you HAVE to purchase this TV, you should buy extended warranty, maybe from a local store. Personally, I would stay away from all Vizio products in the future.
In response of last comment, I decided to make an update. I took some time to take apart the entire TV. One of the board had a shorted out IC. It was a board made by LG. Searching the internet showed that there were none in stock at any of the replacement parts vendors. I also found out that it was a common problem with this TV. Without boring every one with technical details, it basically boils down to the power supply exceed the threshold of certain parts, causing they to overheat and burn out. The problem is so wide spread, that the supplier of the parts could up keep up. The price range from $150 to $200 for the board. If you pay some one to do it, the cost would be another $100 to $200 more.
At this point, I am just going to drop off the bundle of parts at local Costco warehouse for recycling. The internal parts were mostly made by LG, some were made by Toshiba and other vendors. Vizio is a relatively new company. So this type of integration issue is expected.
One thing that seems small, but is something I really like is that when you hit the 'on' button, the Vizio logo changes from white to orange so you know the TV received the signal. It only takes a couple seconds for the screen to display, but you could actually turn it back off thinking you didn't hit the button right without that signal.
Hook up was a breeze. It has component inputs that I could use to hook up my HD DirecTV receiver to, a Playstation 2 to the composite input, and soon a Blu-Ray player to one of the HDMI jacks.
So far the picture quality is great for HD and SD programming. The blacks are deep and the other colors are vibrant. I bought this expecting the picture to be like a budget TV, but was pleasantly surprised at how nice it looks. I didn't expect it to even come close to my $1500 Samsung (52" @ Costco).
Finally I really don't notice the 120hz difference. My Samsung is 120 and I've turned it off since it gives me a headache, but I don't see any difference in picture quality.
Hope this review helps...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I lucked into this gem when a friend of mine won a 65" Sharp (2016), at his company's Christmas party. He had this tv in his living room for over five years. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Jack Reilly
I had it for around 3 or 4 years I think and it recently broke. First of all, one of the HDMI inputs in the back of the TV broke. Then I was using HDMI side input. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Kamile
I like this TV for the purpose that I use it. Picture quality and sound is good and, for a while, two HDMI ports was sufficient. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Adrian M. Mercado
Great picture but after week of watching TV we noticed a streak of missing pixels down the left side of the screen. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Jennifer M.- Chicago, IL
Mine's still going, more than 4 years on (bought it November 2010). Sharp picture and does everything I need; the only qualm is certain file types not working through USB and not... Read morePublished 20 months ago by D. Krysl
Great customer service, the first one just quit working a couple of days after receiving it and as soon as I notified merchant, another was on its way, still going strong!!Published 21 months ago by ian stallworth
I purchased this very same tv from amazon back in November 2010. All I can say is it's been a really great tv. Read morePublished 23 months ago by A. Eberts