- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO E421VA 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1080p Full HD
- 120Hz refresh rate
- 50,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio
- Ambient Light Sensing technology
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: VIZIO
- Model Number: E421VA
- Display Technology: LCD
- Display Size: 42 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
VIZIO's 42" LCD HDTV delivers full 1080p HD picture quality and superior audio at an amazing value. This flat screen LCD HDTV features 120Hz refresh rate for sharp clarity of fast action scenes, SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound, 50,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites, and four HDMI ports to connect up to four HDMI devices to your TV. When in operation this 42" also exceeds ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines to reduce energy consumption and utilizes built-in ambient light sensing technology, which automatically adjusts backlight levels to the brightness of its surroundings.
120Hz processing for lifelike detail and a blur-free picture.
Experience immersive virtual high definition surround sound.
Deep blacks and brighter whites via a 50,000:1 ratio.
Razor sharp clarity via full 1080p High-Def resolution.
- 42-inch HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 1.06 billion colors and 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Full 1080p High Definition resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp.
- 120Hz refresh rate teamed with VIZIO's Smooth Motion Video technology reduces judder giving you a smooth and fluid natural picture with lifelike detail.
- 50,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio delivers deeper blacks and brighter whites through contrast and dimensions.
- Digital Ambient Lighting is achieved as energy efficient sensors auto-adjust brightness for the perfect picture regardless of room conditions.
- 178-Degree horizontal/vertical viewing angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room.
- Two built-in 10-watt speakers provide room-filling sound.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers.
- Included Remote enables you to easily control your TV, and other devices.
- ECO HD exceeds ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines, saving you money on utility bills, while limiting the impact on our planet
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support.
- HDMI (with HDCP): 4 (1 side)
- Component: 1
- Composite Video: 1 (shared with component)
- RF: 1
- Computer Input (RGB): 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- Headphones Output: 1
- USB: 1 (side)
- TV with stand: 39.73" x 26.7" x 9.99" (WxHxD); 37.47 pounds
- TV without stand: 39.73" x 26.27" x 3.64" (WxHxD); 32.18 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO E421VA 1080p LCD HDTV, detachable base with thumbscrews, VIZIO VR11 remote, user manual, registration card, quickstart guide, power cord, screen cleaning cloth.
- Screen Size: 42 inches
- Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM
- Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Signal Compatibility: 1080P, 1080i, 720P, 480P, 480i
- Computer Support: 1360 x 768 via HDMI/RGB, 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480 via RGB
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 50,000:1
- Brightness: 500 nits
- Response Time: 5ms
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): No
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): No
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: Yes
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: No
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM demodulation: Yes
- ATSC with MPEG-2 decoding: Yes
- NTSC Video decoding via Video: Yes
- Progressive Scan Video: Yes
- Remote Control: VIZIO VR11
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 60,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 120Vac at 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 114W
- Wall Mount Hole Pattern: VESA standard 200mm x 200mm
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Rent or Buy more than 50,000 Titles from Amazon Video On Demand
With Amazon Video On Demand, VIZIO customers with either an Internet ready HDTV or an HDTV with additional Internet enabled devices (sold separately), can now instantly watch more than 50,000 commercial-free movies and television shows, including hit new releases and the latest episodes available in HD.
Streaming the Way You Want It
Using an intuitive interface, customers can order movies right from their couch and enjoy instant playback without waiting for lengthy downloads or annoying commercials. Prices start as low as $.99 and no subscription fee is required.
Choose from thousands of movies and TV shows by browsing in the Amazon Video On Demand section on your VIZIO TV. Access and add to your virtual library of purchases via Amazon Video On Demand's Your Video Library and re-watch anytime on your VIZIO TV, your PC or Mac and other compatible devices.
Rent or Buy
Renting and purchasing titles is a snap with the power of Amazon's 1-click purchasing. Order new release movies and the latest TV shows right from your couch and you're watching within seconds. Prices start as low as $.99.
Using your VIZIO TV, enjoy Amazon Video On Demand's high quality video on any TV. Videos playback instantly, without waiting for a download. Purchases and rentals are added to Your Video Library and stored online by Amazon so you can conveniently watch them on your VIZIO television, PC or Mac, and other compatible devices.
Top Customer Reviews
I'm not actually using this for a TV, rather, it's being used for a computer monitor. At first it was a little hard to configure but you have to make sure that your resolution is in one of the VESA formats like 1920 x 1080, 1360 x 768, 1024 x 768. You also need to make sure the picture mode is set to "game" so there is no hesitation between what has been done with the mouse and what happens on the screen. The game mode fixes any hesitation.
I looked on Newegg dot com for large format monitors at 42'' and they were all well over $1000. There really is no reason to buy one of them when you could just get one of these for so little, and have it do the same thing.
Another positive is that the picture is very sharp, brilliant, with plenty of contrast.
There are also sometimes problems with the audio and video synchronizing. Lips move and the sound is off. This can be improved, but not always eliminated by changing the video settings to "Game". When you do that, though, you can't customize the brightness, contrast, etc.
Complaint #3 is that the TV is extremely slow to change channels, turn on, or switch inputs. The screen is black for at least 5 seconds every time you change the channel, and the audio has an even bigger delay. I've timed the TV when I turn it on, and it sometimes literally takes 30 seconds for the TV to turn on and show an image.
To summarize, I now have the TruSound features off, the equalizer on "Flat", and the Video on "Game" because any other settings cause problems. There's basically no way to customize the audio or video settings without ruining the viewing experience. That said, now that I have the settings fixed, watching movies and TV isn't so painful. Overall, though, the TV has not met my expectations, even for a lower-end HDTV.
So far so good after a few weeks in regards to problems. Very easy to get out of the box and set up. Oddities so far: commercial volumes are louder than programs...slight annoyance but have noticed that on other HD signals / TVs. Actual sound quality is very good.
Voice / sound and image can be slightly off. So you'll hear speech but notice the speaker's mouth isn't quite in sync. Have seen this via non HD cable and on a DVD played on an upconvert DVD player via the HDMI input. Weird...
Remote inputs have a slight delay before the channel changes or something happens.
Small annoyances at worst so far. But again, for $530 bucks, pretty tough to beat!
Pros: Price, Size, 120Hz, 4xHDMI, PC inpute
Cons: Wish it was 240Hz, LED Black Lit, an inch thick and 52-inch wide....but i would be spending another $1000 :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this TV at Wal Mart, its an ok TV, used for just 4 months off and on, but noticed the sound would change and then the picture would change. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Debra Oldfield
Great TV for the price. Got this on Black Friday 2 years back, it was on sale for $400 and at that time it was a killer deal for a 42 inch. Read morePublished on November 29, 2013 by Justin Lake
Not long after I got this tv the volume went out sometimes and it would just randomly cut off while I'm playing my ps3. Read morePublished on April 6, 2013 by Brien Cleaton
Can't say enough about this TV - Price was great, 4 hdmi inputs and fantastic picture quality make this a perfect tv for any room. Read morePublished on February 13, 2013 by Amazon Customer
I've been very happy with Vizio. Easy set-up, great picture and easy to set up for Amazon Prime. I recommend Vizio to anyone looking for a good tv at a great price.Published on July 22, 2012 by ntim
I purchased the Vizio e421va for my bedroom two months ago. Bottom line - (1) it has a very good, bright picture, (2) great contrast, (2) and it gives you all the basic features of... Read morePublished on February 5, 2012 by njw
Best Buy I saw all Christmas on this TV. Even a better deal than could be had at Walmart on the same exact item!!!!Published on December 26, 2011 by Anita Rush
I'm pleased with the picture and the sound is better than my old LG. I did have to turn the ambient light sensor off and put the scene mode to cinema to get the Dish Network IR... Read morePublished on December 19, 2011 by R. C. Dickey
Sound jumps in volume during commercials and non-verbal portions of programVIZIO E422VA 42-Inch LCD 1080p HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps, BlackPublished on September 14, 2011 by George Hickey