Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 30, 2013
This TV is not flashy looking and has a bulky/cheap feel to it, but it is extremely light and has some great features for a lower end TV. It only has 2 HDMI inputs so I ended up using the Component video input for my media player to avoid constantly swapping cables. The built in WiFi worked fine for me although since it is only about 10 ft from my router I decided to run an Ethernet cable for a better connection. I use Hulu and Amazon Instant Video regularly with no issues. My biggest complaint is the lack of support for playing MP4 files from my DLNA NAS. The product description say DLNA is supported and didn't mention which file types were supported (at least not that I saw). It will play AVI files at least. Another reviewer mentioned it will play MP4 files from a USB attached device which seems odd. Another issue is that I use the 23" model in this product line for my computer monitor in the same room. I hadn't really considered the fact that they would also use the same remote on the same frequency... oops, I had to cover the sensor on my monitor with electrical tape. Overall it was a great purchase for the price as a secondary TV. We bought a larger model in this product line for my mother-in-law for her birthday as well.
4 people found this helpful
on May 28, 2013
This makes a great bedroom TV where I dont have cable. Its a 10lbs 29" TV with built-in WiFi and all the streaming services you could ask for. This is the best feature built TV money can buy IMHO. You can even put video files on USB flash drive and plug them into the USB in the back and it has a great media player. So far has played many different media types successfully for me.
As others have mentioned, the size is a little odd when it comes to wall mounts. I bought a mount that was listed for 10"-24" TV's. As long as the mount is VESA 100x100 and under the specified weight limit then you're good. And since this TV is so light, it works just fine.
13 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
VINE VOICEon November 11, 2013
I use this TV about 30-60 minutes four or five times a week in an exercise room and, after a little more than three weeks of use, the TV just completely quit receiving over the air (OTA) reception with an indoor antenna. Until this problem occurred, the TV reception was outstanding, pulling in about 20 local channels, of which seven were in crystal clear high definition. The TV also produced very good video from an up converting DVD player connected through the HDMI input. Setting up the wireless function was quick and easy and I enjoyed listening to music through Pandora.

Putting aside the catastrophic failure of the OTA TV reception, my only complaint with this TV lies with the small built-in speakers - the audio sounds tinny and anemic. This, however, is not a major issue for me since I have a small home theater system connected to the TV through the TV's headphone jack. The TV also has a digital optical output jack, but my inexpensive home theater receiver lacks a digital audio input, so I get stereo audio from the TV through the left and right front speakers in the home theater system

When I encountered the problem with no TV reception, I immediately called Amazon's technical support. The tech rep suggested several possible fixes, most of which I had already tried and when it became obvious that there was a major problem that could not be resolved over the telephone, the tech rep arranged for a free exchange for a new TV. Fortunately, I was still within Amazon's 30 day return period on my original purchase. I just received the new TV today and it is working properly. I will supplement this report as I get further use with the replacement.

This 24 inch Smart HD TV offers a lot of bang for the buck and I am hoping the replacement unit, unlike the original, gives me many years of use. If you purchase this TV, or for that matter any other electronic product, from Amazon, my suggestion is that you give it a heavy workout during the first 30 days. If a defect shows up, you can then get it resolved with a minimum of expense and inconvenience during Amazon's 30 day return period.
2 people found this helpful
on September 14, 2015
I wish I had spent the extra money and bought a Samsung. Vizio lacks in every department.
***The app store "Yahoo Connected TV Store" is a joke. Out of 17 pages of apps (99 apps total) there there are 7, SEVEN, pages of news. 40 total. Why in the world do I need 40 apps of news stations from different cities?? I'm not kidding. I've made a list so that others no what they'll be getting into:
MY FOX:
-WSOC-TV -WCYB
-KTNV -WSMV
-WRAL
-CHANNEL 9 EYEWITNESS NEWS

***None of the apps have updated in so long. Hulu is not even called Hulu Plus anymore, and it doesn't support the Showtime add-on.
***The TV speakers. Terrible. The worst quality I have ever heard in any speaker. It is a must to buy a sound bar to get any good quality of sound. ***The connections in the back. Suck. Who was the genius that put the row of connections so low on the TV that in order to plug in my Xbox, I have to tip the TV forward in order to get a good angle to plug it in? Yes, there are some on the side of the TV, but have you seen the cord to the Xbox? It has what looks like an anchor on the cord about 3 inches from the usb part. Its quite heavy and didn't want the weight on the side of the TV.
All in all, I wish my TV did break so I could buy new one. And I won't be buy a TV off of Amazon again. I've had 99.8% good luck with Amazon. But I'd rate this right up there with the Amazon Fire Stick. Don't. Just don't.
on November 20, 2013
I chose this VIZIO brand tv because the VIZIO I had previously worked so well UNTIL we had a direct lightening hit that burned much more than the tv. I particularly like the "smart tv" feature which is so much more convenient that the previous tv which required a blue ray player. Fine TV w/excellent picture.
BUT after operating this TV about a year the video part of the channel presentation, not the audio, in the upper channel ranges between 50 and 70 began to display what is called scaling, or the image would freeze or disappear entirely for an instant. The cure was to wait till the TV straightened itself out, sometimes forever, or switch to another channel then switch back to your desired channel until the scaling sets in again! Where the fun really began was when I called VIZIO, of course it wasn't their fault because not all the channels did it AND when I used the Smart TV feature to view Netflix the TV didn't do it. Sounds logical, so I turn back to FOX at 51-13 and guess what? Next I call my TV/Internet Supplier who sends a Technician out. First, I live in an apartment complex where TV service is supplied to all residents. There is a VIZIO TV located to my right, another across the hall, and another in a common room about 20' from my TV. None of those TVs ever have a single problem ever. The Tech checks my cable outlet and signal, everything is just fine. He checks my hookup back at the board, ok. He checks the signal at the VIZIO 20' from mine and it is identical to mine. But to be certain, the Tech replaces my cable then hooks up my TV again. Guess what? Same old thing. I call VIZIO and explain as I purchased an extended warranty. VIZIO says IT IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THEIR TV and they will not authorize a payment under warranty. BUY YOUR TVs SOME WHERE ELSE OTHER THAN FROM VIZIO.
2 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on February 13, 2014
This TV is a phenomenal deal. It arrived at my house the DAY after I ordered it via amazon prime. The TV itself was packaged nicely in the Vizio box, which was inside another large shipping box.

I found the instructions for setup very easy to understand and do. I assembled the entire TV myself, although honestly there wasn't that much to do--just attach the base. I am quite small, so if I can physically set this up on my own, virtually anyone can. I find the base very sturdy and it looks sleek. The TV itself is very thin and looks so modern. The finish is glossy. The tech side of set up was just as easy, following the instructions included. I connected to my wifi network with no problem.

Netflix and Amazon instant video work seamlessly for me. This was one of the main reasons I wanted this TV. I had been using a Roku for years and occasionally Amazon instant video on my computer. The SmartTV function is great, and I love that all my TV features are so effortlessly worked in to one remote control.

The picture is absolutely stunning. My friend has a Samsung plasma television and says my picture quality is lightyears better. And, the LED means no glare if you have many windows in your home that stream in sunlight.

If you're trying to decide whether to go with the 120Hz feature or save some money by going 60Hz, I definitely recommend the 120Hz as this TV has. I can tell a noticeable difference in how clean and clear motion seems on the TV. If you watch a lot of sports, it is extremely apparent just how little motion blur there is. It's something I didn't really notice before with my old TV, but now that I have it I can see a visible difference. It just looks so great.

I found this TV to be quite a good deal. I have been using it for 2 months now with no problems. I will be sticking with Vizio.
on August 1, 2015
I bought this TV as a birthday present for my wife in Nov. 2013. Last week it wouldn't turn on ... it's dead. It worked great for about 20 months. I reached out Amazon to see who I should contact at Visio. To my surprise, Mike with Amazon tech support walked me through a couple of procedures to see if we could wake the dead TV. Nothing worked so he connected me with Visio support and stayed on the line until the Visio rep was on the line.

The Vision rep walked me though the same repair steps that Mike from Amazon did with the exact same results ... nothing, dead. Since the TV is out of warranty, all he could do was direct me to two repair companies they use. These companies are ITI Repair and HD Repair. I contacted both. I actually spoke with someone at HD Repair twice (I had to call twice) and finally got an estimate to repair the TV. To have a technician come to our house (the only option) it would cost $239 to repair a TV that cost $288. Thanks but no thanks.

I've tried to call ITI Repair twice and left voice messages each time. It's been 5 days since my first call and still no reply.

My overall opinion. Don't buy a Visio TV. They don't last and their repair options is too expensive.

However, Amazon support was incredible. After my first conversation with Mike at Amazon he called the next day to see how things went with my call with the Visio rep. He checked again to see if there was anything else he could suggest. Now that' Customer Service!
One person found this helpful
on December 26, 2013
As Amazon consolidates reviews for various models in the same product line, please note that this is a review of the Vizio E320i-A0.

If you purchase this TV it will bring you frustration. The user interface (UI) installed on the Vizio E320i-A0 is Vizio's crippled Yahoo! TV Apps/M-GO interface, NOT the company's "Vizio Internet Apps Plus" interface. It is clunky, frustrating, limited, and NOT user friendly. While the TV is just fine as standard TV or monitor, and has a decent picture, adequate sound, and plenty of inputs, the UI is terrible and the remote is almost worthless. It is not a good value as it comes at a premium over a similarly appointed HD set, and you can save nearly a C-note and a whole bunch of frustration if you simply buy a "dumb" 32-inch HD set and a Roku LT from Amazon.

I purchased this TV in January 2013 on Vizio's promise that it would provide an outstanding Smart TV experience. It was anything BUT outstanding. Its primary app, "M-GO" (prominently displayed on both the unit's UI home screen and its lousy remote control), was billed as a "revolutionary" TV experience when I purchased the TV. Bizarrely, M-GO wasn't installed on the TV at the time of purchase and didn't even become available for it until Summer 2013. When it finally did arrive via Vizio's eventual firmware update, M-GO turned out to be all "pay" TV - no included content. It was thoroughly disappointing and not "revolutionary" as promised. I already have Netflix and Amazon Prime, so I don't need their lousy pay app. Aside from M-GO, there are other apps available for the E320i-A0 -- some are preinstalled like Yahoo! Finance and Skype, but most are downloaded through the Yahoo! TV Apps store in the unit's poorly structured UI. Strangely, Yahoo! TV Apps offers only a very limited number of apps for this "smart" TV -- a grand total of 134 (that's right: ONLY ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FOUR!) as of this writing on December 26, 2013 -- and most of them are either local news station apps from distant corners of the U.S., or paid anime/cartoon channels. Even the familiar apps like iHeart Radio have limited feature sets and don't offer the programmable, personalized channels you would customarily be able to set up on your computer or smart phone, but rather offer only a specified set of broadcast stations from select markets. The entire experience is really bizarre.

Ultimately, the greatest disappointment of the E320i-A0 is its abysmal UI and limited apps, which Vizio flatly informed me it has no intention to update to its current "VIA Plus" interface. Again, the TV is good in terms of picture, size, sound and inputs, but the "smart" content is worthless. If you buy this TV you will be stuck with the lousy UI, crappy remote, and crippled apps. Be forewarned, and get a "dumb" TV and a Roku (or Chromecast, or XBox 360, etc); you'll be much happier you did.
on December 11, 2013
I bought this because we have a 1-year old Vizio 42" Smart TV that we are quite happy with.

The picture quality of this model (E390i-A1) leaves something to be desired. The initial picture was not as sharp as our other Vizio and it seemed kind of dim. I tried numerous picture setting changes without much luck. I went online and found a post from someone who had purchased the calibration discs for this model, he then reposted the various setting for brightness, contrast, color, etc. I tried entering those settings, which helped a little, but the picture still wasn't near as good as our 42" Vizio.

Next I called Vizio Tech Support. They were helpful, and walked me through several setting adjustments. It's still a little better, but not as good as our other set. I would have thought that this smaller set (39" vs 42") would have a crisper picture since they were both 1080p and 120 Hz refresh rate, but it isn't. It's acceptable, just not great.

The remote isn't great either. It would be nice if the keys had backlighting, especially since this TV is for our bedroom and the lights are typically off when we are watching. The buttons are also quite close together, which makes it hard to hit the right button, especially if its dark.

I do like the wi-fi feature and internet apps. I like the dedicated buttons on the remote for Netflix and Amazon Video (because I subscribe to them both), but there is also a dedicated button for "M-Go". I wasn't familiar with M-Go, but did some checking. It's a pay-as-you-go video rental service. Their selection is not very good and their rental pricing was not very attractive. Unless something changes with M-Go, I don't think it will be around very long. Maybe that button can be reprogrammed in the future if M-Go goes belly up.

The initial set-up for was pretty easy and I didn't need to try to run an ethernet cable to the device because of the built in wi-fi, which made set up simple.

Maybe I just got a bit of a lemon. Like I said, it's ok, just not great.
|66 comments|Report abuse
on April 25, 2013
The picture is amazing, it's lightweight and narrow, and having the Smart Apps (Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon are my favorites) make me feel like I have finally caught up to the future in terms of technology. It's like having a Roku Player built right into the set!

This TV is a great price for what you get. I'm saving up to buy a larger one of the same brand for my livingroom.
10 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.