- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO E500i-A1 50-inch 1080P LED Smart HDTV (2013 Model)
Want this professionally installed?
- Installation of 1 customer-supplied TV mounting bracket
- Securing the TV and load testing the hardware
- Cord concealment within provider-supplied cover
- TV cannot be mounted above a fireplace
- TV mounting is for drywall only
- Mounting brackets requiring assembly by the pro may result in a revised estimate
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- More energy efficient than conventional LCD TVs
- Auto-adjusts picture to room lighting
- SRS Studio Sound HD for crisp, clear audio
- 2 Million to 1 dynamic contrast ratio for deeper blacks
- TV with stand (Width x Height x Depth): 44.56'' x 28.08'' x 10.36'', TV without stand (Width x Height x Depth): 44.56'' x 26.26'' x 3.19''
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item VIZIO E500i-A1 50-inch 1080P LED Smart HDTV (2013 Model)
|Price||Unavailable||$398.00||$414.99||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$549.99|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Connectivity Technology||Smart||Built-in Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi||Built-in Wi-Fi|
|Screen Size||50 in||55 in||50 in||48 in||55 in|
|Item Dimensions||44.56 x 10.36 x 28.08 in||8.7 x 49.1 x 30.8 in||10.04 x 44.24 x 28.27 in||9.4 x 43 x 27 in||48.8 x 2.5 x 28.4 in|
|Item Weight||50.49 lbs||30 lbs||24 lbs||30.86 lbs||37.48 lbs|
|Refresh Rate||120 Hz||120 hertz||120 Hz||60 Hz||120 Hz|
|Total HDMI Ports||4||3||3||2||5|
Introducing the new E-series slim frame design. The VIZIO 50-Inch Class LED Smart TV is shattering the mold in a way only VIZIO can, with high-quality design and picture at the best value. Enjoy crystal-clear action and eye-popping images in 1080p Full HD and 120Hz effective refresh rate. A stunningly slim outer frame lets you enjoy TV with a narrower border around the picture for a more immersive experience.
VIZIO Internet Apps with built-in Wi-Fi gives you instant access to a world of streaming movies, TV shows, music, and more – all with the push of a button on the smart remote. The VIZIO E-Series 50-Inch Class LED Smart TV gives you more of what you love about TV with all the brilliant picture quality and world-class service you’d expect from America’s LCD HDTV Company.
Top customer reviews
I can't attest to the quality if you just took it out the box and turned it on. Mine looked jacked up at first because all the extra digital crap is turned on and the color is set to cool for some reason (probably for demo purposes in stores); cool looks like crap, bluish.
Anyways you CAN see some banding of the backlights I suppose, but the TV is one of the cheapest 50" around. And the picture quality is GOOD despite subtly perceived banding which many people won't notice.
I run Xbox One through HDMI 2, PS4/PS3/360/MAC (via splitter, purchased separately) in HDMI 1, and in 3 I have the Chromecast.
I hooked up a Polk Audio subwoofer and the tv always syncs to it and the audio surround feature with the subwoofer is impressive to friends and family (not so much to audiophiles) but by adding the sub I was able to give a lot of presence to the sound when I have to use the TV speakers. I primarily play all the TV's sound through a 2.1 stereo using toslink from the consoles and Mac.
By paying attention to your backlight and contrast and light, you can get really good pic quality but you will need to adjust for certain things: like, Blu-Ray may be brighter if it's a very wide-screen movie in which case you alter either or both of the backlight and the brightness.
That's if you're super-picky, but when I watch a movie I always check those items because it might be different needs than gameplay, say-- which typically has lower contrast ratios.
For ps4, ps3 (blu-ray and games) on HDMI 1 these settings are uniformly good:
Picture Mode <Game> (to keep the screen at 120 Hz... it doesn't do smoothing, so there's no soap opera effect on regular 30 fps or 24 fps stuff)
Color Temperature <Normal>
Red Gain 51
Green Gain 60
Blue Gain 56
Red Offset 50
Green Offset 50
Blue Offset 50
Noise Reduction OFF
MPEG NR OFF
Color Enhancement NORMAL
Adaptive Luma OFF
Film Mode AUTO (plays 24 FPS if blu-ray supports it)
Smart Dimming OFF
Ambient Light Sensor OFF
It's important to turn the crap above to OFF, just like setting sharpness to ZERO. Don't let cheap electronics get in the way. The picture itself is good as long as the TV doesn't run cheap stuff like the above, so turn all that off.
Using the settings I've provided, which are for a mid-to-dark ambience, you will have a great picture out of a very inexpensive TV.
If your room is brighter, only adjust two things: Brightness, Backlight. They work oddly together, so be careful. Increasing backlight may have little effect until you increase brightness. Then you may need to dial down backlight.
My only claim to know anything about this is that for years I worked in color correction photography at a photo printer, so I understand accurate color and light to some degree and translate it to this TV. This is the 4th Vizio TV in our family and I've never had a single problem with any of them.
I run this TV about 5 days a week, anywhere from 2 - 10 hours. The TV just keeps going, I haven't had any problems of any kind.