- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO M220MV 22-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with Razor LED Backlighting, Black (2010 Model)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1080p HD with Razor LED backlighting
- Less than 0.86" thin (max depth 2.36")
- SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio
- Touch sensitive TV controls
- Exceeds Energy StarTM 4.0 guidelines
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: VIZIO
- Model Number: M220MV
- Display Technology: LED
- Display Size: 22 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
The VIZIO M220MV RazorLED LCD HDTV is brilliant in color, rich in detail and deep in contrast – all in a razor thin design. This 22" immaculate beauty offers Full 1080p High Definition resolution for crystal clear images and razor sharp clarity and delivers a 20,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for deeper blacks and brighter whites. The RazorLED M220MV also includes touch sensitive controls that illuminate when your hand draws near and fade away once you're done, and compact connectivity with two HDMI inputs.
An amazing 0.85" ultra thin profile at its thinnest point.
Experience immersive virtual high definition surround sound.
Razor sharp clarity via full 1080p High-Def resolution.
Auto-adjusting sensors provide efficient ambient lighting.
But it doesn't stop there. Experience advanced sound technologies from SRS Labs and maintain the peace of mind in knowing this mercury free, energy efficient LED backlit LCD HDTV exceeds new Energy Star 4.1 Guidelines by 20% when its panel is turned on, conserving our planet's resources while saving you money.
- 22-inch LED Backlit LCD HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 16.7 Million colors.
- Razor Thin Profile only .85" thin (maximum depth 2.37").
- Full 1080P High Definition resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp.
- 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- Ambient Lighting is achieved as energy efficient sensors auto-adjust brightness for the perfect picture regardless of room conditions.
- 170/160 Degree Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angle results in a crisp and clear picture from most viewing angles.
- Two Built-in 5-watt Speakers provide clear sound.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers.
- Included Remote is stylish and enables you to easily control your TV.
- ECO HD exceeds the current ENERGY STAR 4.1, saving you money on utilities, while limiting the impact on our planet.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support.
- HDMI (with HDCP): 2
- Component: 1
- RF: 1
- S-Video: 1
- Computer Input (RGB): 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- Headphone Output: 1
- USB: 1 (supports JPEG only)
- TV with stand: 20.95" x 14.72" x 7.27" (WxHxD); 7.66 pounds
- TV without stand: 20.95" x 13.74" x 2.36" (WxHxD); 7.60 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO M220MV 22-inch RazorLED LCD HDTV, base with thumb screw, VIZIO VR9 remote (includes 2 AA batteries), user manual, registration card, quickstart guide, power cord.
- Screen Size: 22-inches
- Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM
- Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Signal Compatibility: 1080P, 1080i, 720P, 480P, 480i
- Computer Support: 1920 x 1080, 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480 via RGB/HDMI
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 20,000:1
- Brightness: 300 nits
- Response Time: 5ms
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- LED: Yes - edge lit
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): No
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): No
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: No
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: Yes
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM Demodulation: Yes
- ATSC with MPEG-2 Decoding: Yes
- NTSC Video Decoding via Video: Yes via AV, S-Video, or Component
- Progressive Scan Video: Yes, thru Component, HDMI
- Remote Control: VR9
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 30,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 240Vac at 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 44W, <1W Standby
- Wall Mount Hole Pattern: VESA standard 100mm x 100mm
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Rent or Buy more than 50,000 Titles from Amazon Video On Demand
With Amazon Video On Demand, VIZIO customers with either an Internet ready HDTV or an HDTV with additional Internet enabled devices (sold separately) can now instantly watch more than 50,000 commercial-free movies and television shows, including hit new releases and the latest episodes available in HD.
Streaming the Way You Want It
Using an intuitive interface, customers can order movies right from their couch and enjoy instant playback without waiting for lengthy downloads or annoying commercials. Prices start as low as $.99 and no subscription fee is required.
Choose from thousands of movies and TV shows by browsing in the Amazon Video On Demand section on your VIZIO TV. Access and add to your virtual library of purchases via Amazon Video On Demand's Your Video Library and re-watch anytime on your VIZIO TV, your PC or Mac and other compatible devices.
Rent or Buy
Renting and purchasing titles is a snap with the power of Amazon's 1-click purchasing. Order new release movies and the latest TV shows right from your couch and you're watching within seconds. Prices start as low as $.99.
Using your VIZIO TV, enjoy Amazon Video On Demand's high quality video on any TV. Videos playback instantly, without waiting for a download. Purchases and rentals are added to Your Video Library and stored online by Amazon so you can conveniently watch them on your VIZIO television, PC or Mac, and other compatible devices.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
That said there are three problems for me.
The first is minor and that is that the bezel lights up to show the vizio logo and touch buttons. The light is quite bright and does not dim while you are watching the TV so it is pretty distracting, especially the logo which is large.
The second is my main problem and that is that the TV is just too loud. I use it in my bedroom and, when it is quiet, a volume of 1 is bordering on too loud. If you kick it up to 2 or 3 it is REALLY loud. A volume of 10 or more is ear-shattering even when not in a quiet room. This is very strange and seems almost like some sort of software bug where the entire volume range is shifted to the left. HDMI inputs having basically no signal loss are even louder than the A/V and Component inputs.
The third problem is that this TV doesn't seem to have a zoom function to allow letter-boxed 4:3 shows to fill the screen. This is a problem if you are using any video sources where this can occur (I have it hooked up to a TiVo series2 for instance)
So I really want to like this TV but the volume problem is becoming a deal-breaker for me. I tried contacting customer support by email and got no response as well so if that sort of thing matters to you take that into consideration.
The sound had plenty of volume, as most people pointed out. It was, as some said, a bit "tinny", but tolerable. However, after a brief foray into the menu, I found there were base and treble adjustments. I turned the treble down a bit, and cranked the base up to the max. NOT BAD! Perfectly adequate for my ears.
This is a very nice set, especially for the money. It replaced a very expensive (albeit "old")Luce TV, and kicked butt.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is exactly what was needed for a dental office work station. Clear screen with sleek design.Published 17 months ago by Anne T. Edwards
I bought this tv for the grand kids. It was the perfect size and the price was right. Works perfect for their games tooPublished on December 23, 2013 by John Murphy
Picture is great and the price was good. It has a lot of inputs on the back that's why I purchased it. The only downside is the volume on the tv.Published on October 23, 2013 by Steve M.
a reconditioned tv..was not adjusted at all...vizio.com helped me adusted it correctly...not happy..works ok, but not great as expected never get from that supplier againPublished on September 13, 2013 by gerald rubingh
this item vizio m220mv 22inch 1080p led hdtv with razor led backlighting is okay but i would like a sharp hdtv that i could trust.....Published on August 29, 2013 by DN1
I have only had this TV three weeks.
Let me tell you I love, love, love the aesthetic design of this set. Unfortunately it has been nothing but problems since day one. Read more
My Vizio [my second] arrived when expected and performed just as expected. I have no complaints. I could not have expected more unless it had been free! Read morePublished on July 18, 2012 by Richard N. Ragland
This television has performed extremely well and the speaker volume is very good. With 2 HDMI inputs plus a composite input, everything I want to connect is connected and... Read morePublished on May 30, 2012 by Randy Paker