- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO M260MV 26-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with Razor LED Backlighting, Black (2010 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1080P HD with Razor LED backlighting for brilliant color and contrast
- Less than 0.85" thin (max depth 2.36")
- SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound
- Touch sensitive TV controls
- Ambient Light Sensor
Customers Also Shopped For
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: VIZIO
- Model Number: M260MV
- Display Technology: LED
- Display Size: 26 inches
- Speaker Count: 2
The VIZIO M260MV RazorLED LCD HDTV is brilliant in color, rich in detail and deep in contrast – all in a razor thin design that is as little as 1" in profile. This immaculate High Definition beauty offers Full 1080p High Definition Resolution for crystal clear images and razor sharp clarity and delivers a 20,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for deeper blacks and brighter whites. The VIZIO M260MV also includes touch sensitive controls that illuminate when your hand draws near and fade away once you're done. Enjoy ultimate connectivity with two high definition inputs.
An amazingly slim 1" profile at its thinest point.
Experience immersive virtual high definition surround sound.
Deep blacks and brighter whites via a 20,000:1 ratio.
Razor sharp clarity via full 1080p High-Def resolution.
But it doesn't stop there. Experience advanced sound technologies from SRS Labs and take pleasure in knowing this mercury free, energy efficient LED backlit LCD HDTV exceeds new ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines when it is on, conserving our planet's resources while saving you money.
- 26-inch LED Backlit LCD HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 16.7 million colors.
- Razor Thin Profile only 1" thin (max depth of 1.63" without stand).
- Full 1080p High Definition Resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp.
- 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- Ambient Lighting is achieved as energy efficient sensors auto-adjust brightness for the perfect picture regardless of room conditions.
- 170/160 Degree horizontal/vertical viewing angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room.
- Two Built-in 5-watt Speakers provide clear sound.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers.
- Included Remote is stylish and enables you to easily control your TV.
- ECO HD exceeds the current ENERGY STAR 4.1, saving you money on utilities, while limiting the impact on our planet.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support.
- HDMI (with HDCP): 2
- Component: 1
- RF: 1
- S-Video: 1
- Computer Input (RGB): 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- Headphone Output: 1
- USB: 1 (supports)
- TV with stand: 26.03" x 18.09" x 8.59" (WxHxD); 15.10 pounds
- TV without stand: 26.03" x 17.14" x 2.88" (WxHxD); 13.97 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO VIZIO M260MV 26-inch LED backlit LCD HDTV, stand with thumb screw, VIZIO VR9 remote (includes 2 AA batteries), screen cleaning cloth, user manual, registration card, quickstart guide, power cord.
- Screen Size: 26-inches
- Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM
- Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Signal Compatibility: 1080p (FHDTV)
- Computer Support: 1920 x 1080, 1360 x 768, 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480 via RGB/HDMI
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 20,000:1
- Brightness: 400 nits
- Response Time: 5ms
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- LED: Yes - edge lit
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): No
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): No
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: No
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: Yes
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM Demodulation: Yes
- ATSC with MPEG-2 Decoding: Yes
- NTSC Video Decoding via Video: Yes
- Progressive Scan Video: Yes, thru Component VGA or HDMI
- Remote Control: VR10
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 50,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 100~240Vac at 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 55W (AVG), <1W Standby
- Wall Mount Hole Pattern: VESA standard 75mm x 75mm
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
Aesthetically, it is a very nice- a sleek and low profile design which looks great. The only thing I did was put a piece of black electrical tape over the "VIZIO" logo located underneath the screen- I found it distracting because it is large and brightly illuminated whenever the TV is on. I also like that the backlighting adjusts itself according to the light in the room, so it is not too bright if you are watching TV with the lights off.
With the adjustments, it is fine. Had I paid more for this TV, I would have returned it, but since it was so inexpensive I didn't mind having to make the tweaks. Now we'll see how well it does over time!
Overall picture is good and with the low price, it's hard to argue. As I stated, the only downfall is the sound quality and volume control.
I would recommend the tv for extra rooms, but not as a households main tv, the sound/volume is below par.
For reviewing this TV I will first get audio qualities topic out of the way... the sound coming out of its speakers compares a basic alarm clock radio's audio output. I ran a pink noise through one of the TV inputs to do a quick unofficial check with my iPhone's spectrum analyzer app and it looks like the audio starts rolling off around the 500Hz point. The audio is good enough for a kitchen morning news viewing or bedroom sitcom nighttime viewing when you don't want to wake up wife, but if one is looking for a home theater experience you should expect to be adding some audio gear to make that happen, otherwise the TV does give you basic audio that is usable.
After I had the TV installed and setup in the bedroom and decided it was good enough for the job I had to calibrate it. First I searched the web to see if someone had saved me the time by doing a calibration on it themselves but I did not find any details that I could use, so I pulled out my copy of Digital Video Essentials and fired it up. I did the calibration while viewing the display from a zero horizontal zero vertical axis so any "off axis" viewing will most likely be a slight bit darker but this was ok with me.
I started with the backlight, brightness, and contrast calibrations. As for the backlight, out of the box setting for the it was way to high, so I backed it way off until when viewing black level on the low average brightness gray scale test pattern was acceptable.Read more ›
Set-up was fairly easy, and the picture is great. If you don't try to turn normal aspect ratio programs into wide-screen the quality is awesome, and I had saved Avatar on my DVR just to see what it looked like, and it was awesome. Beats the heck out of my friend's Insignia 720p 26" unit.
I wall mounted it for the bedroom and even with it aimed too high and to the side, the picture was great and bright, this unit doesn't have viewing angle issues that I can see.
Con: I had bought a Cheetah mount, and I was lucky that I had a nice finished board about .75" thick and just longer than the base to move the mount out from the wall. The Coax-in and the power cord just out from the back of the unit, low enough that without spacing the mount out I could not install the tv. With the .75" spacer I was able to install and tilt down a little. I would use a different mount or a thicker spacer board next time.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this TV.......received the TV so promptly as well. Only thought is the volume does not sound like a nice stereo system. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Tribute Farm
Great price, very great color, I like everything about this TV. I would recommend to anyone. I would like to purchase another Vizio only bigger for the family room.Published on June 6, 2014 by Se Halfhill
Works good with all video sources I tried, including the one remaining analog broadcast station we have. Read morePublished on April 28, 2014 by GB630726
What a great TV and the brand is solid. I use this in the bedroom and am very happy with it. The only thing I didn't like was the volume at 1 and 2 were either too loud or soft. Read morePublished on December 29, 2013 by John
I read many of the reviews and was confused about this TV because is has the best picture of any LED tv of its size. BUT There is the issue of the faulty audio. Read morePublished on October 11, 2013 by J. Myles
After 3 months of owning a Vizio 26" led tv, the screen went bad. There were lines across and vertical on the screen and the screen was white when we turned it on. Read morePublished on May 11, 2013 by cgold