- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO M260MV 26-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with Razor LED Backlighting, Black (2010 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Have an expert wall mount your TV at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your wall mounted TV is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1080P HD with Razor LED backlighting for brilliant color and contrast
- Less than 0.85" thin (max depth 2.36")
- SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound
- Touch sensitive TV controls
- Ambient Light Sensor
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
VIZIO's M260MV 26" LED LCD HDTV features Razor LED backlighting for brilliant color and contrast in a razor thin design that's less than 0.85" thin (max depth 2.36"). Includes SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound, and exceeds Energy StarTM 4.0 guidelines to reduce energy consumption. This RazorLED LCD HDTV also includes touch sensitive controls that light up when you tap the TV bezel.
The VIZIO M260MV RazorLED LCD HDTV is brilliant in color, rich in detail and deep in contrast – all in a razor thin design that is as little as 1" in profile. This immaculate High Definition beauty offers Full 1080p High Definition Resolution for crystal clear images and razor sharp clarity and delivers a 20,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for deeper blacks and brighter whites. The VIZIO M260MV also includes touch sensitive controls that illuminate when your hand draws near and fade away once you're done. Enjoy ultimate connectivity with two high definition inputs.
An amazingly slim 1" profile at its thinest point.
Experience immersive virtual high definition surround sound.
Deep blacks and brighter whites via a 20,000:1 ratio.
Razor sharp clarity via full 1080p High-Def resolution.
But it doesn't stop there. Experience advanced sound technologies from SRS Labs and take pleasure in knowing this mercury free, energy efficient LED backlit LCD HDTV exceeds new ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines when it is on, conserving our planet's resources while saving you money.
- 26-inch LED Backlit LCD HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 16.7 million colors.
- Razor Thin Profile only 1" thin (max depth of 1.63" without stand).
- Full 1080p High Definition Resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp.
- 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- Ambient Lighting is achieved as energy efficient sensors auto-adjust brightness for the perfect picture regardless of room conditions.
- 170/160 Degree horizontal/vertical viewing angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room.
- Two Built-in 5-watt Speakers provide clear sound.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers.
- Included Remote is stylish and enables you to easily control your TV.
- ECO HD exceeds the current ENERGY STAR 4.1, saving you money on utilities, while limiting the impact on our planet.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support.
- HDMI (with HDCP): 2
- Component: 1
- RF: 1
- S-Video: 1
- Computer Input (RGB): 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- Headphone Output: 1
- USB: 1 (supports)
- TV with stand: 26.03" x 18.09" x 8.59" (WxHxD); 15.10 pounds
- TV without stand: 26.03" x 17.14" x 2.88" (WxHxD); 13.97 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO VIZIO M260MV 26-inch LED backlit LCD HDTV, stand with thumb screw, VIZIO VR9 remote (includes 2 AA batteries), screen cleaning cloth, user manual, registration card, quickstart guide, power cord.
- Screen Size: 26-inches
- Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM
- Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Signal Compatibility: 1080p (FHDTV)
- Computer Support: 1920 x 1080, 1360 x 768, 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480 via RGB/HDMI
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 20,000:1
- Brightness: 400 nits
- Response Time: 5ms
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- LED: Yes - edge lit
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): No
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): No
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: No
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: Yes
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM Demodulation: Yes
- ATSC with MPEG-2 Decoding: Yes
- NTSC Video Decoding via Video: Yes
- Progressive Scan Video: Yes, thru Component VGA or HDMI
- Remote Control: VR10
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 50,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 100~240Vac at 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 55W (AVG), <1W Standby
- Wall Mount Hole Pattern: VESA standard 75mm x 75mm
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Top customer reviews
Aesthetically, it is a very nice- a sleek and low profile design which looks great. The only thing I did was put a piece of black electrical tape over the "VIZIO" logo located underneath the screen- I found it distracting because it is large and brightly illuminated whenever the TV is on. I also like that the backlighting adjusts itself according to the light in the room, so it is not too bright if you are watching TV with the lights off.
With the adjustments, it is fine. Had I paid more for this TV, I would have returned it, but since it was so inexpensive I didn't mind having to make the tweaks. Now we'll see how well it does over time!
Overall picture is good and with the low price, it's hard to argue. As I stated, the only downfall is the sound quality and volume control.
I would recommend the tv for extra rooms, but not as a households main tv, the sound/volume is below par.
The monitor unit attaches to a stand for support on a horizontal surface like a shelf or console. Instructions were clear and assembly was straightforward. Included is a large guide to hooking up the unit with instructions in English and French. It is clearly organized and lavishly illustrated, printed on heavy weight paper. In addition to leading through all of the connections and steps, options are discussed and a trouble-shooting section is included. Several questions likely to arise have been anticipated and answered on this sheet. The operation manual included goes into greater detail, and is well organized and includes excellent illustrations of all parts and interactive setting screens. The manual is approximately 8.5 x 11" and type is of good size in a clean layout. It is hard to imagine that anyone could get lost or confused with such a thorough operations guide - even me.
We used this television to replace an analog TV that had been connected to coaxial cable. When connected to the coax, image quality was very poor. Connection to input must be made with a HDMI cable (not included), which can be acquired from Amazon at considerable savings compared to local stores. Once connected via HDMI, the image quality is now exceptional, as is the sound quality.
The settings for visual and audio performance are very good with factory default. Several adjustments to both are accessed through settings menus, including custom settings. We opted for "vivid" picture mode with slightly more saturated color, which is his personal preference. The default color setting was very good.
I did read a lot of reviews before this purchase and I saw that there were potential problems with the sound system. Since I expected my husband to integrate the sound with his theatre system in his office, it wasn't a problem for him. However, I did try the settings on the tv to see what the problem was. If you push enough buttons, you can definitely get this to work for you.
The sound quality is what one should expect from small speakers mounted in the monitor cabinet. SRS Truesurround option yielded slightly better sound imaging than the standard setting, but does not allow for manual adjustments of bass and treble. For me, TrueSurround sounded like it was coming through a huge canyon. My advice, other than pushing buttons to get the sound you like, is to use the truevolume control to correct sound issues.
The SRS Truevolume control is very welcome in a world where advertisements seem to include dramatic elevation of volume. This option automatically adjusts the volume of ads to match the chosen level of sound for viewing.
For use in conjunction with home theater systems, several output possibilities are available, including an Optical digital audio jack (S/PDIF).
We have used the unit for approximately six weeks, and are very satisfied with ease of use and overall performance. It is not the main TV in our house, so the built in sound system is adequate for our needs. Picture quality is exceptional. Overall, the Vizio HDTV is a quality product and represents a good value.
Set-up was fairly easy, and the picture is great. If you don't try to turn normal aspect ratio programs into wide-screen the quality is awesome, and I had saved Avatar on my DVR just to see what it looked like, and it was awesome. Beats the heck out of my friend's Insignia 720p 26" unit.
I wall mounted it for the bedroom and even with it aimed too high and to the side, the picture was great and bright, this unit doesn't have viewing angle issues that I can see.
Con: I had bought a Cheetah mount, and I was lucky that I had a nice finished board about .75" thick and just longer than the base to move the mount out from the wall. The Coax-in and the power cord just out from the back of the unit, low enough that without spacing the mount out I could not install the tv. With the .75" spacer I was able to install and tilt down a little. I would use a different mount or a thicker spacer board next time.