- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO M261VP 26-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV, Black (2010 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- VIZIO Internet Apps
- Built-in WiFi 802.11n
- 1080p Full HD with Razor LED backlighting
- 100,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurroundHDTM audio
Learn About Internet-Ready TVs and Devices
Download movies instantly, check your Facebook page, stream music, and more from the comfort of your living room. Find out how to get your TV connected. Learn more
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: VIZIO
- Model Number: M261VP
- Display Technology: LED
- Display Size: 26 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
VIZIO's M261VP 26" RazorLED LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps puts the best of the web right on your TV screen, giving you the convenience of on-demand movies, TV shows, social networking, music, photos and more at the push of a button. Setup and use is easy with the M261VP's built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi and standard Ethernet connection to the Internet. It also features RazorLED backlighting for brilliant clarity in a razor thin design that is only 1.34" without its stand.
An amazingly slim 1.34" HDTV profile.
Quick and easy 802.11N wireless networking built-in.
Connect to the Internet to stream movies and TV shows, listen to music and more.
Full 1080p High Definition resolution.
This stylishly sleek HDTV offers full 1080p high definition detail and a 100,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, delivering deeper blacks and brighter whites through contrast and dimensions as well as superior audio using SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD for advanced virtual surround sound and includes two HDMI ports to connect up to two HDMI devices to your HDTV. Finally, the M261VP also exceeds ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines, when turned on, to reduce energy consumption and has built-in ambient light sensing technology, which automatically adjusts backlight levels to the brightness of its surroundings.
- 26-inch LED backlit HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 1.06 billion colors.
- Razor Thin Profile only 1.34" thin without its stand.
- Full 1080P High Definition Resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp.
- 100,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- Ambient Lighting is achieved as energy efficient sensors auto-adjust brightness for the perfect picture regardless of room conditions.
- 178/178 Degree Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room.
- Two built-in 5-watt speakers provide room-filling sound.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers.
- Connect to the Internet via integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi or via the included Ethernet port.
- VIZIO Internet Apps (VIA) let you easily connect to the Internet and stream movies and TV shows, listen to music and get the latest news, sports and weather. VIA comes with Amazon Instant Video, Flickr, Netflix, Rhapsody, Twitter, VUDU and Yahoo TV Widgets pre-loaded on the TV, ready to launch on-screen at the touch of a single button on the remote. You can continually discover and download more apps from other content and service providers by browsing our gallery of apps that is dynamically updated right on your VIZIO HDTV. (Learn more)
- Included Remote is stylish and enables you to easily control every function of your TV.
- ECO HD exceeds the current Energy Star guidelines when the panel is turned on, saving you money on your utility bills while limiting the impact on our planet.
- Mercury free display: The display's backlight is due to the fact that LED backlights do not utilize mercury, an environmentally harmful substance.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support.
- HDMI (with HDCP): 2
- Component: 1
- RF: 1
- PC input (RGB): 1
- Ethernet: 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- Headphone Output: 1
- USB: 1
- With Stand: 25.24"W x 17.95"H x 6.68"D
- Without Stand: 25.24"W x 15.90"H x 1.34"D
- Packaging Dimensions: 27.95"W x 19.09"H x 5.51"D
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO M261VP 26-inch RazorLED LCD HDTV, VIZIO VR17 remote control (2 AA batteries included), detachable base, power cord, user manual, quick setup guide, registration card.
- Screen size: 26 inches
- Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM
- Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- LED: Yes - Edge Lit
- Computer Support: 1920 x 1080, 1360 x 768, 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480 via RGB/HDMI
- Signal Compatibility: 1080p(FHDTV)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 100,000:1
- Brightness: 400 nits
- Response Time: 8ms
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): No
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): No
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: No
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: Yes
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM demodulation: Yes
- ATSC with MPEG-2 decoding: Yes
- NTSC Video decoding via Video: Yes
- Progressive Scan Video: Yes, thru Component VGA or HDMI
- Color Fine Tuning: Independent Red, Green and Blue
- Remote: VIZIO VR17
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 50,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 100~~240 Vac at 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 31.3W (AVG), <1W Standby
- Wall mount hole pattern: VESA standard 75mm x 75mm
This VIZIO HDTV includes the VIZIO Internet Apps feature (VIA), and it comes pre-loaded with Amazon Instant Video, Flickr, Netflix, Rhapsody, Twitter, VUDU and Yahoo TV Widgets, ready to launch on-screen at the touch of a single button on the premium Bluetooth universal remote control. A high-speed Internet connection is required to access content and receive product updates, and this model enables you to connect to the Internet via integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet.
When you press the VIA button on your remote, the Apps Dock appears along the bottom of your screen with a selection of different Apps that let you watch movies, TV shows, listen to music, or get weather and news information all on demand. In addition to the providers listed above, new partners for 2010 include:
- blip.tv: Blip.tv is an online television network that hosts the best original shows on the Web; from scripted sitcoms and dramas to shows about fashion, technology, politics and more.
- CBS: The CBS Widget offers easy access to CBS schedule information, program metadata, previews and clips, cast photos and bios, and more.
- NBC: View NBC's show schedule, view full screen photo galleries and catch up on your favorite shows with up-to-date quick text recaps, cast BIOS, and more.
- CNBC: The CNBC widget allows you to interact with CNBC's real-time stock quotes direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ, real-time watchlists to track favorite stocks, and other key analytics.
- iMemories: Now all your old home movies, photos and slides can be watched directly on your VIZIO TV with iMemories. iMemories digitally converts and preserves all your favorite memories online, regardless of the original media format.
- Roxio CinemaNow: The Roxio CinemaNow platform enables you to instantly access a broad range of high-quality digital entertainment from your favorite consumer electronic devices.
- The Weather Channel: Get your weather forecast when you want it with the press of your remote. The Weather Channel Widget delivers current conditions, the 5-day forecast and more for your zip code and thousands more.
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Top Customer Reviews
First, the good things... Very nice picture that remains clear and viewable even from way off angle -- this is its strongest feature. Also, the built-in Yahoo! Widgets include being able to view movies or listen to music ordered from services such as Netflix and Pandora without an outboard box. Further, one of the Widgets brings in TV Guide over the Internet, which is helpful if your cable company can't seem to successfully transmit a TV Guide (or similar function) over their own cable. I also found the remote control to actually be pretty good in the sense that the different buttons are of different shapes and sizes that you can actually find the correct buttons to push by touch without looking at them.
Second, the OK thing... I have to echo, to some extent, some of the other reviews that criticize the audio -- it's not really that bad, but I've had other LCD TVs of similar size that did better. I must say, though, that the audio is clear, so you won't find yourself unable to understand what someone is saying when they're speaking softly, and the speakers output a full enough range that you won't find yourself wondering where an instrument disappeared to when listening to a piece of music. I have encountered other small TVs (both old CRT types and current-day LCD types) that have had audio far, far worse than this -- some were so bad that the whole casing of the TV would vibrate when certain instruments were played in a piece of music -- this TV definitely does not have anything like that problem.Read more ›
The picture quality is fantastic; and by fantastic, I mean better than my 42in Samsung Plasma. The sound is less "tinny" than the previous model, but it still lacks in the bass which gives it that Laptop Speaker sound quality; though at a moderate volume, the quality appears to sound better (at least to me); Otherwise, for a bedroom TV, it's superb.
WiFi is easy to set up (built in, and supported 128bit encryption). I found the settings/menu system to be extremely well done and easy to use with their remote control.
Tried netflix and with only 2 bars for WiFi (due to distance from router), the picture quality was awesome and never "readjusted" due to signal degradation.
The controls are located on the back of the TV, which makes it little cumbersome for the fly by power on, but I like it because my 3 year old likes to push buttons. Besides...we have remotes, right?
The remote is a little cheap, but easy to use.
Vizio apps load fast on my network (ymmv).
-.5 for not so good bass (or lack there of at low vol)
-.5 for lack of more possible sound options in the menu.
You're definitely paying for picture, built in wifi & internet apps over sound quality with this purchase, so if you if you go into this purchase knowing this (as I did), then you should be happy and you could always hook up some external speakers to boost the sound quality.
Other reviewers have commented on poor audio quality, I don't agree with them. I guess there is room for improvement as far as the speakers go, but do you people really expect home theater sound out of a $400 high def razor thin TV? Also the TV is in my kitchen where there is usually so much background noise and other stuff going on that the quality of the sound isn't really an issue. Lastly no one who has come over has ever made a comment on the sound quality and these are friends, not visitors who are trying to be polite.
The internet apps all work great and entertain the kids for hours (I just need to figure out how to block the less appropriate content and it would be perfect). I would buy this TV again in a heartbeat.
Edit on 12/18/2010: We have used this TV everyday for the past two months and we still love it. Pandora is great for Christmas music while we decorate and wrap presents. The internet apps work great and still no comments (good ones or bad ones) on the sound quality. We are still very happy with our purchase and I would definitely buy this TV again.
I made the purchase in mid December after this TV went on sale at Sam's Club for $289. The price on this TV will regularly go on sale at Office Max or Sam's Club for less than $300.00. Even if you need to drop $40.00 on a Sam's Club membership, which I did, it is still a bargain.
I have been using this TV for a week now. The picture quality is EXCELLENT and I am very satisfied. However, the audio quality is as bad as every negative review out there. It is well known the smaller flat panel HDTV's on the market today have poor sound quality. But, the VIZIO M261VP takes it to a new low. The sound quality is hysterically horrible. I found there were no audio setting adjustments to the SRS TruSurround and/or SRS TruVolume that improved the sound quality. Do not buy this TV without knowing, which I did, you will need external speakers (even if it is for use in a bedroom or kitchen).
There are only two ways to connect external speakers on this TV: through the headphone jack or through the digital optical connection. Unfortunately, standard RCA audio output jacks are not included on this TV which is what most stereo and home theatre systems use. To improve the sound quality, I first hooked up an old pair of Altec computer speakers and subwoofer using the headphone jack connection on the TV.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Item as described... fast shipping... great seller... AAA+++!!!Published 6 months ago by Rob Greenfield
POS. Bought 4 years ago at Costco. Died last week. Screen is all blurry vertical lines although sound is fine. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Salena Roper
Great contrast and clarity of picture. I love the internet connectivity for Netflix, Amazon or other streaming services.Published 17 months ago by KVH