VMware Fusion 5 for MAC OS X
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Easily switch from a PC to a Mac
- Run your favorite Windows programs on your Mac
- Designed for OS X Mountain Lion and the latest Macs
- English Only Version
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
VMware Fusion 5 is recommended for users who are looking for the easiest, fastest and most reliable way to run Windows programs on a Mac. With more than 70 new features, VMware Fusion 5 is optimized for OS X Mountain Lion, Windows 8 and the latest Macs to deliver the ultimate Windows on Mac experience.
From the Manufacturer
The best way to run Windows on a Mac just got better. VMware Fusion returns with more than 70 new features, including optimization for Mountain Lion, Windows 8 and the latest Macs.
Easily Switch From a PC to a Mac
Now it's easier than ever to transfer your entire PC to your Mac and make the most of your Windows software investment with VMware Fusion's PC migration assistant for Windows. Get the best of both worlds and have access to your Windows programs and all your files from your old PC directly on your Mac, whenever you need them.
Run Your Favorite Windows Programs
Run your favorite Windows programs alongside Mac applications without rebooting. Whether you want to run Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 on a Mac, VMware Fusion's easy install feature will get you up and running in no time. With the ability to run Windows-only programs like Microsoft Project, Access and Internet Explorer, VMware Fusion turns your Mac into the ultimate computer for compatibility.
Running Windows Programs on a Mac Couldn't Be Easier
VMware Fusion 5 makes it easier than ever to run Windows on a Mac. Run Windows programs the same way you use Mac applications, with seamless copy-and-paste, drag-and- drop, and networking and printing that require no additional setup.
Run Windows Programs Like Mac Applications
Launch Windows programs directly from the Dock, Spotlight or Launchpad and view them in Exposé, Spaces and Mission Control as if they were Mac applications. Easily interact with Windows programs using Mac shortcuts and intuitive gestures.
Designed for Mountain Lion
Get a more Mac-like experience when running Windows programs on a Mac. VMware Fusion 5's enhanced user interface makes working with your Windows applications quicker and easier. Extend Mountain Lion's unique features to your Windows environment and search your favorite Windows programs in Launchpad or use "AirPlay Mirroring" to stream your Mac and Windows applications on your HDTV. You can even get VMware Fusion notifications in Mountain Lion's notification center. It just works. VMware Fusion 5 is also compatible with OS X Lion and Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
Windows 8 Optimized
Who said Windows 8 was only for PCs? Get the most out of the new Windows 8 Metro environment directly on your Mac and run it side-by-side with your Mac applications. VMware Fusion 5 has been optimized to take advantage of new Windows 8 technologies and will make you wonder why you would ever consider running Windows 8 on anything other than a Mac. VMware Fusion supports Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise.
Designed for the Latest Macs
- Retina Display: View Windows like you've never seen it before with Retina Display optimization for a crisp and detailed experience of your Windows programs.
- USB 3.0: Extend your Mac's connectivity to your Windows environment and take advantage of USB 3.0 support for ultra-fast file transfers.
- RAM: Benefit from better use of memory on Macs equipped with 16GB or more and get better performance when dealing with Virtual Machines that require large memory allocations.
Built-in Learning Center
Get the most out of VMware Fusion 5 with the new learning center. Learn how to get started, transfer your entire PC to your Mac or install a new copy of Windows and more through step-by-step easy to view video tutorials.
More Compatible than Ever Before
With added support for virtualizing Windows 8, Mountain Lion Server, Ubuntu 12.04, Windows Server 2012 as well as 200 other operating systems, VMware Fusion 5 will turn your Mac into the most compatible computer you've ever owned.
Free Email Support and 1 Year of Anti-Virus Included
For added peace of mind, VMware Fusion includes 18 months of free email support and a 12- month complimentary subscription to McAfee Anti-Virus Plus to protect your Windows environment.
Made by the Virtualization Leader
Used by 96% of the Fortune top 1000 companies, VMware has won more than 280 awards for its virtualization-leading software including the industry-acclaimed Macworld Editor's Choice award.
What Differentiates VMware Fusion 5 from Other Solutions?
Engineered in California by the worldwide leader in virtualization, VMware Fusion was recently chosen by Macworld over Parallels as the best way to run Windows on a Mac. Macworld highlighted its faster performance, easier installation and general operation, more Mac-like behavior and better value for money. (Macworld, March 2012 issue)
VMware Fusion 5 is recommended for home users, students and business professionals who are looking for the fastest, easiest and most reliable way to run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side on their Mac without rebooting.
What's in the Box ?
VMware Fusion 5 Software DVD, VMware Fusion 5 USB key, built-in video tutorials, 18-months of free email-support (English only), Getting Started guide, VMware stickers.
- Any 64-bit capable Intel Mac (Compatible with Core 2 Duo, Xeon, i3, i5, i7 processors)
- Minimum 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended)
- 750MB free disk space for VMware Fusion and at least 5GB for each virtual machine
- Mac OS X 10.6.7 or later; OS X 10.7.4 or OS X 10.8 recommended
- Operating system installation media (disk or disk image) for virtual machines
- Microsoft Windows Not Included
- Windows Aero support
- DirectX: 9.0c with Shader Model 3.0 support
- 3D Support: OpenGL 2.1
- Audio Support: Virtual HD Audio for Windows (7.1 Surround Sound)
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows XP, Vista and 7, Windows 8, OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and more
- 64-bit Cocoa Native Applications: Yes
- Multilingual Support: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese and Simplified Chinese
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language: : English
- Product Dimensions : 5.25 x 1.37 x 7.5 inches; 4.8 Ounces
- Item model number : FUS5-ENG-M-CP
- Date First Available : July 11, 2012
- Manufacturer : VMware Inc.
- ASIN : B008YTAGIK
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,310 in Software (See Top 100 in Software)
- Customer Reviews: