Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 17, 2013
For the price, you really can't beat it. I did a lot of shopping around and I'm glad I finally settled on this one. I have an Asus laptop that I've been thoroughly impressed with and now this monitor.

The one note I should make is some of the materials initially led me to believe this might have an HDMI port. Be warned that it does not...this would make the item extra awesome but alas it will have to remain just awesome.
33 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2015
Good affordable monitor that get's the job done, nothing fancy here. We bought 2 of them for a secondary dual monitor setup for our second office computer. Good looking design, doesn't feel or look cheap at all!

The screen itself isn't that vibrant, but shows true colors. If you are used to staring at a nice resolution monitor or iPad with high pixel density, switching to this will be terrible... as you can see every single pixel on the monitor running at native resolution. If you are looking to purchase this for graphic design work I'd do yourself a favor and invest in a better monitor that has a better contrast ratio, pixel density and higher native screen resolution.

Please note that these only have VGA input... no DVI. This is clearly stated in the product listing but I must have missed it.
on March 22, 2017
Update
Returned.
I did some research and the conclusion is DON'T BUY MAC USERS!
MAC OS does not support 1600x900, that's why sometimes it could not recognize and gives out 800x600.
---------------
Well in the beginning everything is good. Until this morning, when I open the lid (mac pro) and connect to VGA, the monitor was showing me the same content. Did some research, realized that the mirror option was checked. I have to state that, I DIDN'T EVEN OPEN SYSTEM PREFERENCE LAST NIGHT WHEN I LAST USED IT.
So I unchecked it, but then realized that the resolution seemed weird and my own background picture was changed to default. I went to system info and saw that: resolution: 800x600. I mean what the hell. I then open 'display' and tried to change it, only to realize that I only had two options: 800x600 and 1280x1024. Both with wrong aspect ratio so with either it looked weird.

Called customer service, will return it.

BTW, I guess AMAZON will not see this: Did the warehouse really inspected the returned product? I am more and more suspicious. Last time I got a wrong item. Maybe they don't even open the returned boxes...
review image
on June 15, 2015
It's a great monitor I have no problems with it! P.S people saying "OH MY GOD DON'T BUY. I BOUGHT IT AND IT DOESN'T HAVE HDMI." How about you read the details. It literally says Ports: 1 VGA
on November 16, 2015
It is doing its job well. No problems, easy to setup.
review image
on May 22, 2017
Really like this monitor! Light, easy to setup and really appreciate the angle adjustment. Works great so far. I need to figure out the colors though because the red is stronger than I'd like. Works great as a second monitor. Wouldn't recommend if you need to work on high quality color photo shopping or video editing. Does what I need it to for basic print and creating educational materials. Really liked the deal I got on this too!!
on June 21, 2015
This is a great monitor if you're looking for a decent budget one for gaming. I bought this one used but like new. Honestly out of the package I thought it could be a brand new one and it was easy to set up and everything which is good. After I turned it on I couldn't believe how good looking the picture quality was. Definitely close to 1080p, and you can adjust the screen to your liking. It takes a little bit to get the picture right so it's not so bright. But after that it just looks amazing. I recommend checking out amazon's warehouse deals, you never know what kind of good stuff you can find for great prices!
on August 24, 2014
Great for the price! And add Amazon Prime to the mix and you cant beat it. Two day shipping and BAM it is here before you even think about it again. I have always liked Asus monitors and this 1600 x 900 or 16:9 auto adjust monitor is perfect for my needs. I still play with legacy computers and needed a high quality VGA monitor and this foots the bill. Comes with a VGA cable, and you basically plug it in, turn it on and it does the rest. I didn't even have to configure it in Windows. It chose its own native resolution and look great. It is not the shiny glare screen it is a non glare. Does not have any other port than a VGA so if you are looking for an HDMI or DVI connection you will need to purchase splitters/adapters depending on your needs. Id wall mountable or quick connect stand. I love it and you can download Asus MultiFrame software if you want to divide up your screen into halves or quarters but 19.5 inches is hard to split up and still see things clearly at my age. It's there if you want it. I would buy several of these if I were replacing them all the time at work or as a tech support person.
on May 12, 2016
Exactly what you would expect for the price. Good to very good picture quality. Be advised that if you are using this with a newer computer you will have to buy an adapter as this is not USB/HDMI compatible. This is seriously no big deal. Buy the Moread HDMI to VGA Adapter (Male to Female) along with it and you're all set.
on June 10, 2014
I needed a new monitor for #2 basically right now and this was cheap. Good thing it was cheap or I'd be pretty angry about now. This thing is totally insufficient for being someone's primary display. If 1600x900 isn't bad enough for you, trying to calibrate this POS to black and white bars will be. It can't be done. The white is always washed out beyond repair. I can only imagine that if the backlight could be removed and used as a standalone flash light, it would put off the brightness of a car's headlights.

On the bright side, 19.5" is quite large, so if that's your goal, here you go.