Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 28, 2015
Just purchased this product from Amazon for my 10 month old, very active, grandson. I assembled it and I am not at all "handy." This review is to share what I learned about putting it together and hope it helps others. As several people indicated, getting the front wheel to stay on can be challenging. Tip: The white "fastener" is upside down when this happens! A very careful review of the photo for step 2 indicates the foot-like projections should face down. In this position, the pin is placed first and the fastener second with the wheel cover placed last and then screwed down--it took me one hour to make this discovery (LOL) but so easy once understood. Someone also indicated the handles come off easily. I discovered that when this occurs they have been placed on the wrong sides. The curve in the handle bar should face downward. Last, as a developmental psychologist, I purchased this item for large muscle development--it's a scooter. The sounds as others have indicated are too random to be anything other than entertainment--I have turned them off. I haven't given it to my grandson, so have no report in regard to its play value.
2 helpful votes
on March 31, 2017
I bought this toy for my son about a year ago. It's still one of his favorite toys to this day. There's so many different activities so it grows with him. He just figured out the scooter part at two years old. When I got it last year I immediately ordered one as a gift for my friends son as well. It's such a great toy!
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 7, 2016
This was a Christmas gift for our daughter. We've had it for a couple years and now that she's outgrown it, it's become our son's toy. The great thing about this toy is that it allows you to change from a ride along toy to a walker and eventually when your child is ready, a scooter. It plays fun music and animal sounds. The front basket is great for storing the additional toys that it comes with (changeable flashlight/compass/walkie-talkie) and for other little toys/stuffed animals your child wants to take along for the ride.

The only downside is that it's loud especially if your child plays with it inside. The style of the wheels are rough terrain and the ridges make it loud on hard surfaces. If you don't mind the noise get it! The design is cute and the functionality is fun for kids!
on August 27, 2013
I'm not one to review things RIGHT after I buy them...simply because opinions tend to change. I've had this product for over THREE years now, and it's still in use. We bought this as a Christmas gift for my oldest child when she was about a year old (now almost 4). She used it daily for about a year and a half. Then, her little brother came along last summer, and now that he's old enough to start using the toy, it is once again in daily rotation. I am impressed that it is durable enough to have lasted this long, and has held the attention of both of my children. No, the wheels do not turn, but this is a simple toy for small children to learn the basics of walking, pushing, and scooting themselves along. I appreciate that there are two volume settings, fun sounds, etc. We tried buying a different walker for our youngest, and while he does use it, he always goes back to the zebra scooter!

Probably the best toy we've bought to date.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on July 22, 2015
My daughter loves this zebra, and loves that it can transition into three things, but there are a few issues. Firstly, the basket on the front is super annoying. She takes it off all the time and she just won't keep it on the zebra. Its kinda cute cause she wears it as a hat sometimes, but still. I wish it would have secured on with screws or just something a little more secure. Secondly, the front wheels stick out a little too far for my daughters little feet. For the first six months we had this thing, she wouldn't ride around on it going forward. She went forward once and rolled over her feet, and just wouldn't do it again. So she went backwards, sit/stand on it, and push it around. Even now, she is reluctant to push it forward, and mostly uses it to stand on like a portable stool. She likes it regardless, so it doesn't bother me, but if I had to do it over, I would probably pick something else that she could use for its intended purpose. It is well made and very cute, so I am going to keep it and see if my next kid will get more use from it. Hopefully they will stick their feet out further.
on October 22, 2017
I had one for my 8 year old when he was a baby and we loved it so much we had to get it for my baby. Bright beautiful colors that engage their little minds with songs and lights to boot. It is easy to assemble just a few simple "clicks" and it is ready. It converts easily from a walker to a ride along and into a scooter. I love this almost as much as my sons have!
on March 4, 2016
Love love love this toy! My son is one and I got it for his first birthday. It was the perfect gift. My three year old niece love's it and uses it as well quite frequently. This is a toy that will grow with him over the next couple years. It has a volume switch so that you can turn it down which I love as well:) my only complaint is that the wheels don't lock or get harder to spin when you have it in push mode for the ones that are learning to walk. It moves too easy for my son to really use that way until he gets a bit better in his feet. It almost slips out in front of him. I just wish it had a mechanizum to make it not so easy to push so that he could use it that way more. Other than that, this toy is perfect and tons of fun. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone between ages one and three.
on June 13, 2015
I bought this for my two year old grandson and the day he got it, he really loved it and played with it lots of laughing and smiles. The problem was that one of the wheels attaches to the axle with a small pin. The pin apparently fell out that first day and was lost, which meant the front wheel is no longer attached. I contacted Vtech Kids and tried to order the lost pin but they don't offer that pin as a replacement part. They suggested I return the toy to Amazon and offered me fifty percent off something else from their website for my trouble. I really just wanted the pin since my grandson liked the toy, so I tried to find a replacement at my hardware store. Of course, nothing was the right size that fit in both the axle hole and the groove in the wheel that it attaches to. I was forced to return it. Vtech offers other replacement parts for this toy, just not this small metal pin. Sort of a crazy way to do business.
on November 25, 2013
14 month old boy, 2.5 feet tall - He was skeptical at first, but did enjoy the music and sounds from pushing random buttons. After about a week of getting used to it, he decided to get on board and is starting to push himself around. It's a really good size I think and moves easily and seems secure from tipping over. It's clear that he likes it a lot and will grow into it even more. His 2 year-old cousin enjoyed riding it around the apartment too, when she came to visit.

Definitely requires assembly, but wasn't particular hard.

I'm taking off one star for the music and voices. The kiddo likes it, but for parents who have to walk around with the songs stuck in our heads, this one ranks up there on the annoying list. The music goes on for a while even after the child has stopped pushing buttons. Most of the different modes are about the same, just saying random things. It has a lot of buttons, but once you push one, the music drowns out any sounds from the other buttons, so it's a bit like there's only one button. Oh, and like most other toys called "Learning," there is just one thing to learn: push a button, make some noise. This one says totally weird things, like "The daddy lion has a big mane," and a few songs that I can't decipher the words of at all. The music is steel drum (Caribbean) style, in case that is something you love/hate.

So, anyway, if you're sensitive to toy sounds, this might not be great for you, but as a sit-on vehicle I think it's great so far.
on February 11, 2017
Happened to see this on sell for half price, so I bought it for our 14 month old son. A few months later and he still plays with it everyday. We've only used it as a sit down riding toy because he didn't need a walker and isn't ready for a scooter yet. At first he couldn't turn it on or change out the accessories, but at 16 months he can do all of that. His 8 year old sister loves riding on it too, regardless of being reminded that it's for the baby. Very sturdy product and the sounds and music aren't too annoying for the adults in the house