BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 29, 2008
I bought this for my 2 and 4 year old children for Xmas. Vtech does a good job at taking advantage of technology in allowing this toy to be used with either a TV or computer. It has activities that are used with email and the printer for example.

The photoshop/drawing application is fairly average when I compare it to other online kids games/drawing tools. Vtech could have spent a little more time making this part really really great and a little less time giving it 100 different applications.

The video and stop-motion picture apps aren't much different but are fun.

There is a puzzle game, picture to draw app, you can create picture-personalized origami to print out.

On the negative side, the camera is of really poor quality (I mean the worst I have ever seen including phone cameras, etc.), it doesn't come with a power cord, I get reminded every couple minutes to check the backup batteries and to click OK to acknowledge the message (SUPER annoying). On that note, there are a lot of confirmation messages that really get in the way of using this toy, "Are you sure you want to quit? Do you want to save the picture? Are you sure you want to delete the picture?" that are frustrating/boring for a little kid. On a 42 inch TV the graphics look pretty bad. It's just too big a size for the graphics and they end up looking fuzzy. The pen that you use to click the buttons isn't very accurate and sometimes even though the mouse pointer looks to be right on the button a click doesn't take and you get an annoying error sound. It would be good if the camera could rotate horizontally so you don't have to turn the whole table to take a picture too.

Overall, this toy is just darn cool. It's pretty amazing the stuff that it can do but you really get a first generation feel from the product. It definitely needs polishing in a lot of areas.
on January 7, 2009
We got this for our two girls (5 and 3) and it's probably a bit too hard for them to use. But if you get it for older children it could be too boring.

The idea is very cool and there are some neat things you can do..if you can move the pen correctly and click where you need to. There are so many things you can do but it's too complicated for younger children. My 5 year old has mostly just taken her picture with the camera and my 3 year old did take her picture and color on it once.

The problem really is that you click with the pen but if you press too hard it clicks when you don't want it to - hence why there are 50 pictures of my 5 year old when we keep telling her to cancel!
on December 28, 2008
We bought this art studio for our 6 year old grandson for Christmas this year. I have to admit I was a bit worried about the ease of use and the camera, but when he started using it, he had a blast! The program that it uses makes the art so fun for the child and the added camera was great. One thing I would like to say though is that the camera being a "low end" camera, needs a good amount of light on the subject that the pic is being taken of, so make sure you set the desk up in a room with a light close by. In a nutshell, it was more than worth the money we spent of it and I would highly suggest it to anyone who has a budding artist in their family. :)
on December 30, 2008
My kids LOVE this toy. We gave it to my 4 year old for Christmas and the first hour we let just him have time to play with it. He learned very quickly how to use it and spent the entire hour shrieking with delight that he could take pictures of himself. Then, he discovered he could take video footage. He took mini-movie after mini-movie of himself falling off the little chair it comes with.

When his 6 year old brother was allowed to come play they both spent the entire day with it exploring everything they could do with it. When they filled up the memory with pictures, it said something to the effect that there was not enough space to continue taking pictures. They thought it meant there wasn't enough room in the area they were taking pictures in and moved everything out of that corner of the room to make more "space" - lol. We found it's very simple to clear room on the studio's gallery or to unload the pics and movies to the computer.

The kids woke up at the crack of dawn wanting to play with the art studio the next day and my 4 year old has declared this toy his "favorite toy ever", which for him means a lot.

I believe the camera is designed to be able to take low light pictures, so naturally this is going to sacrifice color quality in those settings. This feature came in handy when it was connected to my bedroom tv and the boys wanted to play so early in the morning. To get better overall quality of the pictures, simply make sure there is plenty of light where your child has the studio set up.

It's very simple to assemble, couldn't be easier to connect to the tv, and with as much as my boys have done to it so far it is extremely durable. This toy really deserves six stars for the value, fun, and educational quality.
on June 8, 2009
This is a great product. My five year old loves it. There are some bad reviews about the camera but if you do it right, it takes great pictures. Make sure the child does not move for at least 4 seconds after the click of the camera, otherwise the picture will blur. Even though you hear the click of the camera, the picture is not taken yet so make sure the image that you are taking does not move yet for 4 or 5 seconds. That's all it takes for this toy to make great pictures. I highly recommend this toy.
on October 22, 2009
My experience with Amazon has been phenomenal! Every item purchased came on time or before in excellent condition.

Vtech Kidi Arts Studio was purchased in a gift bundle for my grandson it is a sturdy art table with a nice little chair. No sharp edges good for children of all ages. Brings out the creativity in the child allows them to see their pictures come to life on TV.

Great child development tool - learning shapes, colors and letters right on the screen.
on January 8, 2009
I purchased this for my son's third birthday. He loves the camera but our kidArt Studio doesn't work very well doing anything else. I think that we may have just received a sensitive one. If you touch the pen anywhere it immediatly sends you out of the program you in and has you take a picture. We still have not been able to do any art work. Hopefully it is just the one we purchased.
on May 29, 2014
Was used and you could tell. My son never played it bc it was blurry on the tv not worth the money
on October 24, 2014
Nice my daughter loves it.
on November 11, 2010
I bought this toy for my then 5 yr. old son for Christmas last year. My son is very creative and previously received the kids digital camera for his b-day, so I thought he might enjoy this. However, the material is cheap and very poor quality. The digital camera didn't function correctly and after one use, the desk fell apart. Although, there is a separate function that allows you to connect the camera and art studio to the computer, it also didn't function correctly. I paid $60 for a piece of junk! Don't waste your money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question