Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
Color: Orange|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on November 25, 2013
I usually read the 1 star rating when buying a product. I saw the issues about the wheels sliding on hard floors, being too light to support a child while standing up, going too fast and kids falling on their face... The list goes on. Well after some critical thinking and shopping around I figured that most if not all of the products of this price and material would have the same issues. Well, the reviews were almost completely wrong!
Wheels sliding on hard floors... False, there is a rubber seam on the rear wheels that prevents side to side motion. (I have no idea where this critique came from) My entire main level is hard wood and this has not been an issue.
Too light to support a child while standing up... False (for the most part), my 12 month old is average size and it doesn't tip. That's not to say that if your kid is in the 95th percentire that it's going to be as sturdy as a rock.
Going to fast... False again! There are two settings on the wheels. One pretty much locks the rear wheels (not too much so that it's immovable). The other setting is free spining. My 12 month old (recieved this for his birthday) uses the locked setting on the main floor where it's hard floor and the free spinning setting on the carpet. He has never had the toy "run away" from him causing him to fall flat. Granted he has fallen but that's the purpose right? To help him learn to walk...
This is just my two cents I hope it's helpful.
2,172 helpful votes
2,173 helpful votes
1515 comments|Report abuse
on April 13, 2016
Let me begin with stating the obvious - Yes, my LO really likes this walker. Let me also clear up any confusion on why my LO likes this walker - My LO likes this as a toy, loves the music and sounds. Also, loves opening and closing the small door as well as loves to press the various buttons on the toy.

PACKAGE CONTENTS:
The walker (all pieces connect together well) complete with the batteries.
- The handle bar on top
- The legs with wheels attached
- The front body with wheels attached
- The musical unit which has the batteries already installed

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU MAKE THE PURCHASE:

PROS:
- The musical sounds are perfect - not too loud to frighten the baby at the same time not too low to not be audible. Also, there are two settings available on the musical unit to control the amount of sound.
- The handle is the perfect height for a baby learning to walk.
- There are various activities that a baby can do. My LO loved to open and shut the door. Loved to hit the cow and hear the 'moo moo' sounds.
- The rolling rattle on the bottom is also great for keeping a small baby entertained.
- This toy can be used starting when your baby is able to sit up all the way up to the baby learning to stand and walk.
- There are two settings to control the speed of the walker (however, we have never used more than one which is the slowest - We have used this walker on hardwood floors - you might want to use the faster setting if using on carpet)
- The musical unit will keep your LO entertained for hours!

CONS:
- I feel that this the grip on the tires could be improved upon. We have had a couple falls, not really bad ones, and while I understand that kids fall and hurt themselves, its not fun when your LO is attempting to stand with the walkers help and the walker slips and runs away. A little more traction could have helped even at the slowest settings - It would help is the manufacturer could add a silicon band or something on the tires to help with the use on hardwood flooring.
- It interlocking gears are a little difficult for the babies to play with.
- The small phone is just asking to be lost. :)

The walker is really cool but it could do with a few improvements. Also, the first picture on the listing probably shows the older version of this toy which provided a few different things than is provided in this newer version. The older model had numbers from 1 to 5 on the keyboard, this is not the same with the newer model where these have been replaced by the musical sounds. Also, there were fruits on the triangle, circle and square buttons , these have been replaced by numbers 1, 2 and 3. The farm door was different. Another thing thats different is the the rattles on the bottom. The older version had 3 rattles, the newer one has two, the one in the middle has been replaced by a sticker. I was really hoping to get the older model when I brought this product but settled for the newer version. Had this product been for me I would have rated this at 2 stars but since my LO liked to play with it so much, I never ended up returning it. LO is now almost 17 months old and no longer plays with the walker, but it was definitely one of those things that held her interest for a good while.

All in all, this was much better than the other walkers we tried. The other name brand walker we purchased was no where in comparison to this walker. Please note - pediatricians now recommend not using a walker, I feel if you are constantly watching over your LO this is probably the safest walker and the most fun walker out there - minus the differences in the older and the newer models. You can probably get a couple of thicker rubber bands and put them on the rear wheels to help with traction.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
190 helpful votes
191 helpful votes
on October 11, 2012
I was a little skeptical to buy this because of all the negative reviews this product had about not being durable and the electronics not working properly. In fact, I was so skeptical that I didn't buy it at first. A few days later, still a little sad that I couldn't find anything else, a friend of mine posted a video of her kiddos (she has twins) playing with the same toy I wasn't buying!! She told me that she loved it, her babies loved it and that it was a durable as it could be so I ordered it. It was extremely easy to put together AND the toy came with its own batteries which I thought was absolutely amazing since nothing ever comes with batteries anymore. The electronics worked great until about 2 months later. It started doing all the crazy things that people were talking about. Luckily I remembered that the batteries were originally provided to me by the company and who knows how old those were so I replaced them and the electronics worked great again. Soooo... to all those people that said that the circuit board was crap, check the batteries first and see if that is the problem.

As for durability, my daughter has rammed it into every single piece of wall, furniture and living thing in our house. It has a 90 degree square base with wheels so it is extremely difficult to tip over. In the 3 months my daughter has had it, she has tipped it over 1 time and learned that when you fall, you have to let go of the handle otherwise it comes down with you.

This toy is fun, flashy and gets used in our house every single day. My daughter loves this thing and it was worth every penny of the $35 dollars I spent on it. If your baby is ready to start walking then this toy is absolutely wonderful but please know that if your baby cannot stand on their own, then they are not ready to be walking with this toy so just get it for them to press the buttons since it can be easily removed until they can stand and walk with it.

There are no stoppers or emergency breaks on the wheels so for those who are worried that their little one will push and it will go forward, you're right, it will and it wont stop. That is what it is made for.

I gave the educational value a four because while there are a million things on it that baby can learn from, they probably are not going to because they will be so busy wanting to push a million other buttons.

UPDATE: We have now had this for 6 months and my daughter still loves it. She figured out how to take the face off to play with it by itself and has thrown it on the ground several times. We do not have carpet so the fact that it is still working tells me that it seems to be put together pretty well.
677 helpful votes
678 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
VINE VOICEon April 1, 2013
I have twin grandchildren and I got them this walker toy for their first birthday. They LOVE it and try to beat each other to the walker so they can play with it first. And both are taking steps on their own now. They were both right at the walking point when their birthday rolled around and this toy gives them a protected practice.

The walker was easy to snap together without having to use the instructions. It was pretty intuitive where the parts went.

It is durable, even with both kids pounding away at it.

There is a brake feature on the back wheels which slows the walker down for the just-learning-to-walk.

The activity board comes off the walker so it can be played with flat on the floor. It has a two-setting volume control, which is a nice feature, for those days when Mom and Dad just DON'T want to hear all the noisy toys full-blast.

The only slight negative I can think of is the telephone handset. Not many people have an old-fashioned phone anymore so it is out of date.

Otherwise, this toy is a big hit and I recommend it to anyone with young children learning to walk or wanting to practice their walking.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
VINE VOICEon October 20, 2015
We are all in love with this toy. I have to take it away from the adults to give to the baby (6 months) to play with. The baby and his friends love it, it is very colorful and fun. Perfect learning toy for any small child. Easy to wipe down, full of fun things for the baby, lights up, makes noise, is colorful - everything a baby wants.
on November 12, 2017
I LOVE that it has an adjustable set of wheels for the newly walking little ones that slows it down so he doesn't face plant!
on November 15, 2017
this is way cute and super colorful.. my 8mo grdgrl loves it!
review image
on October 1, 2011
I bought my son this toy when he was 9 months old. He was not walking at that point and only standing holding on to furniture. He loved playing with this toy sitting in front of it. It literally provided hours of entertainment. It does so much even I had fun playing with it with him. As he grew stronger and would stand on his own he would stand in front of it and play with the gadgets. He tried to stand behind it a couple times once he could stand up on his own but lacked the walking skills and would fall behind it as it moved. It didn't really frustrate him though and he would continually do it or play with the front of it. Now at 11 months he walks easily behind it for minutes at the time and after a few days of this got very good at turning it and backing up if he got in a corner. He absolutely LOVES walking with it and gets the proudest look on his face! I actually have no negative comments about this product. When I was researching different toys and read reviews my only hesitation on a toy like this was that others said the toy moved too fast and the baby would fall down. It only happened a few times with it and he quickly learned how to manuever it. I totally recommend it 100%.
on September 29, 2014
I bought this hoping that this would help my daughter learn to walk or at the very least she would have fun with this mini entertainment center.

The entertainment center is okay. It's cute. It's adorable when she picks up the phone or plays peek a boo with the little barn door. I can't rate it higher than 3 stars because I don't believe this provides much educational value. Also the sounds are quite annoying for the parent. I usually leave the entertainment center in the play yard if I need to step away for a quick moment.

As a walker this item does not make sense. I tried my best to get my daughter to like it but she is just completely uninterested. The walker tips over very easily so the baby cannot pull herself up on it safely. This did not work well for us as a walker at all.

That said, I know at least 2 other babies who enjoy these walkers on the playground. I guess these preferences are baby specific.

UPDATE
At 12 months my daughter suddenly started taking an interest in this walker. For a few days she was so obsessed with it that she didn't want to let go of it even for a second.

Now at 13.5 months she still likes it when we take it to the playground and she gives it a spin. Whenever we use it, it keeps her interest for 5-10 minutes. I still think that there are better walkers out there which we tried. But this one works also for a baby who's more advanced in the learning to walk process.

As a result, I upgraded the review to 4 stars.
on May 29, 2013
DS can sit in front of this forever! There are a bunch of different sounds and songs that my son loves. he's 7 months old (and about 30 inches) but the sun at the very top left corner is still too high for him to reach when he sits. Still, he likes the other buttons.

I like that it turns off automatically after about a minute of not being used.
i also like the "slow roll" feature on the wheels - you pretty much set the speed that they should roll at. The slower setting means that my son can push the buttons without the walker rolling across the room.

I gave it four stars because of the following reasons:
1. the "phone" has no string on it so it constantly gets lost (not saying that it falls off by itself - i mean when it's taken off). I guess this is good too because otherwise, it might be a choking hazard but it would be better if the phone part wasn't on this to begin wtih.
2. even when the wheels are set to "slow moving", it still moves too fast. It would be nice if the wheels locked completely so that it wouldn't move at all.

that said, i would definitely recommend this and would buy it again in a heartbeat.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.