Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

VTech KidiBeats Kids Drum Set
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 2, 2014
I'm a nanny and the little boy I watch just received this for his birthday. He's only one so he doesn't quite get the concept of it yet but he's enjoyed it as much as he can. I'm writing the review b/c I see people complaining about the settings it has or "doesn't" have... There IS a way to just free style, there's a specific button for it that says "free style". Also, there's a button on the right that let's you turn the background songs off..they actually don't have to be continually played. I suppose these adults who are complaining about those things just aren't tech savvy enough to figure out this toy..(apparently they don't know how to push little buttons with specific words and or symbols)
399 helpful votes
400 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on November 29, 2016
My Grandson (almost 2) loves this toy! It has been one of his favorites for a few months now. (He has thrown the drumsticks a few times) It is durable and has several options for play. He colors on it from time to time and then cleans it easily with a baby wipe.
3 helpful votes
on May 12, 2016
My son picked this out for a birthday party gift for a 1 year old boy that loves drums. My son, almost 4, was having so much fun playing with it himself (the demo) so I'm sure the little boy that it's for, will love it too!
review image
5 helpful votes
on July 26, 2017
This was a cool gift for my cousins son, who was 1 at the time. I ordered it last minute and was very satisfied. Once we took it over, he played with it right away. I'm not too sure if he still plays with this, given kids get distracted fast and move onto new toys easily.
on August 10, 2016
Great product. Our toddler loves it. The only criticism is that on the "freestyle" setting it plays background music. Would have been nice if it didn't so your kid could only hear their own drumming.
3 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 29, 2013
I have 2 year old (27 months old) twins. My son understands and loves this toy (though he does not use the drumstick but his palms to play). He loves the counting features on this toy. One night we heard him in his crib counting backwards from 100, and because we never taught him this I am sure he learned it from the toy. He doesn't get the memory games yet. And also the alphabet feature isn't that great as the quality of the audio is a bit muffled. But overall it's fun for him to beat the drums and count up and down. Initially he was actually really scared of the sounds coming from it, but after a few days he warmed up to it.

On the other hand, my daughter doesn't really like this toy too much and doesn't understand that she has to hit the drum that is lit up. She hasn't played with it that much at all.
on March 25, 2017
This is a cute little drum set and the different settings are fun, but it keeps playing music even after your child stops playing with it unless you get up and go turn it off, which can be a little annoying. It is smaller than expected, but overall the size is fine for my 13 month old.
on September 21, 2017
I ordered this item and received a defective one. Got a replacement sent to me and the batteries were badly corroded. I was out of time and needed this item for a birthday party so my boyfriend took apart the battery compartment and cleaned the terminals to make it work. Once we got it working, it's a neat toy, but I'm very disappointed in the quality of the specific ones we received.
on December 11, 2016
This is a fun musical toy that imparts on toddlers a real hands-on percussion experience. It has back ground music and lights that are syncopated with the beats of the drums and symbol. Though it's on the small side, that makes it just right for toddlers small hands. It's better than I expected. I recommend this
on March 6, 2017
Bought this for the 2nd birthday of twin girls. I returned it because someone else got them it too ha BUT it is such a great toy! They really love playing with it and it keeps them engaged. If you're not sure your child can handle the drumsticks without hitting someone its just as easy to tap with their hands.