Lyft BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 1, 2012
I want to chime in with a possible fix for the battery issues some people are experiencing. First, I'm very happy with the phones and recommend them to anyone looking for a simple cordless phone with not too many bells and whistles. I did, however, have the same battery experience as a couple other people. When I first set the phones up, one of them would immediately drop from 4 to 3 bars of battery life when removed from the charger which was rather annoying. The entire battery would be dead in ~ 1 hour. What fixed it for me was pretty simple: I just let the phone fully discharge a couple of times and then recharged it. Now I get great battery life. Theoretically, this shouldn't happen with newer batteries, but it worked great for me. I don't even know the battery life now because it will last for a couple of days at least before it dies, and I've never left it off the charger for that long. Might not work for everyone, but something to try before dealing with a return or RMA from VTech.
77 comments| 402 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2012
As far as all around call quality this phone is great. The menu is a little difficult to navigate through at first but ones get's used to it. My favorite extra is the fifty number directory which is a must for people who don't have cell phones and have difficulty in keeping track of numbers. It also has a voice mail indicator which is nice for those us used to the days of answering machines. My only problem is with the display screen. It's hard to tell which particular item on the screen is in bold and I can't find a way in the menu to change the contrast. It reminds me of when caller-ID was a new feature and the phone company gave you a crappy battery-powered box that you could barely read. It is probably a serious problem for older people and those with poor eye sight. I also like the basic design, length and weight of the receiver. It's light enough to be easy to use but not so small that it's a pain to hold to your ear for very long such as a lot of tiny cell phones are. I also like the internal antenna design. I'm a geek when it comes to phones I guess. All in all a very good phone for the price.
on July 17, 2015
I bought this phone in April and almost immediately had people on the other line complaining that they couldn't hear me well. I figured they were on bad cells. But then I called home one day and could hear how terrible it sounded. I could only hear every other word--sounded garbled. I've always had great experience with Vtech phones in the past but this was a really terrible phone. I had been so confident that I threw away the box as soon as the phone came so now I'm stuck because I can't send it back. Lesson learned. I will try another brand.
on September 28, 2017
These phones work for what we need them to. I've been a long time putchaser of VTech items and have yet to get a bad one. That said, I don't know if it's our crappy phone line (we do indeed have crappy phone lines!) or the phone occasionally acting wonky. Like the listener says we sound like we're talking underwater. But again, I'm thinking phone line, not product.
on January 9, 2012
Phones are great. So easy to use. I love being able to turn the ringers off so easily! Big improvement over the Uniden phones they replaced! Great buy, too!
on August 13, 2014
Very good coverage of my house and grounds. Best cordless I've had. (And I've had MANY!)
No headset jack, but speaker setting functions very well. I can use both hands with phone in my shirt pocket, hear and speak with no audio problems on either end.

Using the "Directory" can be tricky. Proper buttons must be pressed in an exact sequence, but with a little practice, it works each time. "Mute / Delete" acts as a 'Backspace' when keying new contacts.
No alpha key pad, but all 26 letters are available. No indication what key inserts a 'space'.
(Perhaps in manual?) First character is automatically upper case. I've no idea how to control that, but it seems OK for me.

Clock and calender on handset actually can come in handy (Yes, I took time to read manual and set the correct date and time!)

Batteries hold charge quite well (so far). There is a battery status indicator. Also a "Find handset button" on the base if you misplace the handset.

Screen & dial pad have back-lights for use in dark, but no lights for other keys.
on September 26, 2017
Seems to work well, but the menus are difficult to understand and take a while to figure out. And the documentation is limited. You are encouraged to go online for more information, but when you do, you are shown the same small printed manual that you received with the phone.
on April 3, 2015
I recently bough a Uniden Dect cordless phone but was very disappointed in it. It had a very low ring and the battery died out within a few hours. So I bought these phones and I haven't been happier. Not only are the small enough that I can fit the main phone on my overcrowded desk, but I can also fit the extra phone on my tiny end table. Both have loud ring tones that I can hear even if I'm outside gardening. I like the funky ringtones they have, they aren't all just your basic ring. The one I currently have mine set to reminds me of tune you'd hear on the Legend of Zelda game. The speakerphone works perfectly, not only can they hear me clearly but I can hear them as well. Like I said, I could not be happier with my purchase. I'm really glad I have this phone.

Update 1/19/16: For the past couple of months this phone hasn't been doing so well. It's turned into more of a pager for me than an actual phone. You see, when someone calls me and I answer, they are unable to hear me. Thus, making me call them back. While this is an inconvenience with family and friends, it's a huge problem when a business or doctor's office calls me. Unfortunately, while I loved this phone at first, the fact that it didn't even last a year is disappointing. I am not currently in the process of purchasing a new phone from a different company.
on August 17, 2017
This is the most awesome cordless phone in the world! We've owned ours for about 10 years and I just bought one for my dad. Unbelievable quality and performance at a very affordable price! I will ALWAYS buy this exact model from this excellent company that has been around for a while and is here to stay because of their superior merchandise. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE AND ENJOY!!!
on January 27, 2015
Since our other phone was laid to rest, THIS TIME I wanted a speaker phone that did not take the majority of my grocery bill. I'm pleased to say that even as hard of hearing I am I can hear it well, keep in mind the phone sits right next to me on my end table. But others I've tried i could not hear sitting in the same spot. I like that although it looks like the base is kinda large it's slim enough to place in the same place my other smaller based phones sits. Very happy, would buy again.