Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 76 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 131 reviews
on May 6, 2011
I got this toy today (May 6,2011) and I am very disappointed. I ordered it less 2 weeks ago and payed $18 and something for it and now is $8 plus shipping :O. I got it for my son cause he liked playing with it once he visited his older cousin, but todya he just played with it for few minutes and threw it away. I guess he liked it when he was at his cousin's place cause it was a "new" for him. The sound is annoying and super loud and can't be adjusted.

PROS
-Good concept of putting balls and then they "slide" with a spiral movement inside the helicopter
--durable toy
--I like that it recognize the colors of the balls (green, yellow , blue and red)

CONS
--The sounds that are supposed to be educational are kind of controversial. There is an A for ape a B for bear and a C for Cat. I would prefer that A would be for alligator since it appear a drawing of an "ape" but it is the classical figure of a monkey and it sounds actually like a regular monkey (not sure if monkeys and apes makes the same sound but I doubt it) anyway, the blue bear could be brown bear as stated as one reviewer and I don't think the toy makes the sound of a bear (it sounds like a giggle or something else...not a growl) Then..the other bottons balloon, kite...they could be other easy words that baby uses often like ball, apple, duck. or just all animals, cause later I think there is a short song where you can hear the sounds of those items in the toy (ape, bear, cat, kite, balloon and bird) and the sound of bear,kite and balloon are ..."funny" and then again the "ape" sounds like a monkey. Maybe the kids don't realize about these things but you can get a better learning toy for your monye(see my recomendations below)
--Super loud :P and annoying the high pitch voice, you CAN'T adjust the volume. This is my main complain
--I just got it today so I can't say if it turns on in the middle of the night as other reviewers have stated..

CONCLUSIONS
It would be a great toy if they would change just some sounds and make them QUITER or to be able to adjust the volume or using another "woman voice" like in the Fisher Price Learning home or the Leap Frog Learning table.

I recommend instead these similar toys:
--The Fisher-Price Little People Lil' Movers Airplane (if you are just looking for a helicopter for babies/toddlers)
--I HIGHLY recommend the Fisher-Price® Roll-a-Rounds(tm) Drop & Roar(tm) Dinosaur, the problem is that is discountinued buy you can find it available through seller in amazon, ebay or craiglist. I got mine through craiglist for 10 dollars and it is very stable even for very youg babies when they are just sitting down and starting to stand up. My son still plays with it and the roll-a rounds are of very good quality just a little bit bigger than this ones on the V Tech helicopter so they don't represent a choking hazard or anything, since they are transparent babies can see the animals or sounds that they make inside.
--The Fisher Price Roll-a-Rounds Swirlin Surprise Gumballs, it would more similar to the Vtech helicopter since the baby can drops balls from the top.
--Other excellent learning toys are the Fisher Price Learning home (I recommend to get this one second han cause is kind of expensive, in craiglist or a consignment store look in your local area for "consignment events" or stores) an the Leap Frog Learning musical table. I just didn't see this helicopter in the last consigment event I went and I made the MISTAKE or buying it brand new here in amazon for $18!! :p
If you are really tempted to buy this one, I think now for the price of $8 plus shippin is not that bad, but you might want to try it first in the stores (babies r us, target, etc) or got it second hand so if you don't like it you don't loose too much ;)
on December 29, 2014
Bought for a Chanukah gift for my 3 1/2 month old grandson. It says for a little older, but he LOVED it!!! It was such a hit! I am glad I bought it, though is said for a little older baby. He's already trying to push buttons. He's not coordinated enough to successfully handle all this does, but it is going to be a hit for a while!
UPDATE: My grandson is now 10 months old and this still one of his favorite toys. He STILL loves this!
on November 9, 2013
Bought this for my 1 year old's first birthday. It's cool, he likes it as much as any 1 year old likes anything. The string attached to it is very annoying though. My 3 year old likes to use it to swing the helicopter through the air. Because of course, helicopters fly. Duh. The string has now been cut. Problem solved despite one pissed off 3 year old.
on November 12, 2009
My daughter just turned one and she absolutely loves this toy. I like that it has educational value as well, and teaches early counting, letters, etc. She's been using it for about four months now, and it has held up very well, which is another plus. Overall, great toy!
on January 12, 2015
Very cute, however does not hold interest of child. And still haven't found the purpose of the balls.
on November 20, 2013
Ordered this as a gift. Once opened, he did not stop playing with it! A one year old quickly grasped the concept of putting the balls in the top and started looking for other toy balls to use. The wheels did not mark up a wood floor. Buttons were easy to use and the bright colors entertaining. Rated only 4 stars because as with most toys, the songs are repetitive and easy to get stuck in your head! :)
on December 5, 2015
This is my all time favorite toy! My son got one for christmas when he was 1. I now order them for all the kids in the family. They are perfect for early learning, coordination, colors and more!! Highly recommended
on August 20, 2013
This toy is amazing. It actually knows how to differentiate the color balls and speak out the colors. The piano like keys were also innovative and at 7months my boy love to play with it. Now at 9 months, he loves to tug at the string to bring the helicopter to him and put the balls into the top. He even shakes his body to the music of the helicopter.
on June 26, 2014
My 20 month old daughter found this very boring. It got her attention only for maybe 10 minutes when it was opened. I think she would have liked it more when she was around 12 months - now she wants to run around and this toy is not steardy enough for that. It does not roll properly..
on July 12, 2012
My 8.5 month old loves this toy! He's still a little young for the "educational" aspects of this toy, but he loves playing with the balls and dancing to the music. My only compliant is that the string is WAY too long to give to an infant!! It must be 24" long! Long enough for my son to easily swallow it with plenty of slack. I tied up the string, so there is no chance of my son swallowing it and choking.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.