Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 8, 2017
The VTech Slide and Talk Phone is a great toy while helping them learn. The phone teaches them Letters and Numbers. I had originally bought this phone because my son kept taking my phone every time I would set it down. My son really enjoyed playing with this toy and now my daughter who is one now enjoys it too. I would recommend this toy for children between the ages of 9-month-old to 2 years old. My son lost interest in it around the age of 1 1/2 years old. The reason that I gave this product 4 stars instead of 5 stars is because there is not a way to adjust the volume; it tends to be quite low, especially when there is background noise most of the time in my house. In conclusion, this is a great toy to help introduce your child to Letters and Numbers, and VTech toys are one of my favorite toys to buy my children.
review imagereview image
I bought this for my 3 yr old. The first one I bought quit working within an hr on Christmas morning. My son was so disappointed. I went on Amazon asked for a replacement and Amazon shipped it the next day before I even sent the first one back. I didn't even have to leave the house to send back the first one, UPS came by and picked it up. I received the replacement within 3 days. This one works great! It slides open and has a keyboard like a real phone. Plays music and has some teaching alphabet games. The music can be turned off but not turned down. It will turn off on its own if not touched for a couple of minutes. Can not be accidentally turned on-- you have to press the power button for it to turn on. Nothing worse then making a toy turn on by accident during nap time!! Ugh! It Makes sounds when keys are pressed. Good quality-- other than a few paint chips still going strong and my 3 yr old has thrown it and stomped on it! Has held up longer than I thought it would. Lol
If you found my review helpful - please click helpful found below my review and if you have questions I did not answer feel free to leave a comment or go to my profile and email me. Thank you!!
on August 15, 2016
MY 3 year old granddaughter loves this phone. It has so many features and options it is like many toys in one. SHe carries it with her ecverywhere just like a little adult. It is a nice size with great sized buttons for her fingers. She absolutely loves his phone and I will be ordering one for my grandson soon. Will buy from this seller.
on December 13, 2013
It's not that useful or educational once your kids have learned the ABCs and 123s (around or before age 2). You would think that you could write your own texts using the keypad but that's not the case. You only get to choose between preset texts.

It's also not that interactive because the interactions are a bit forced (limited, pre-programmed) and confusing for the kids. They have not figured out that they should pick up the phone when it "rings", yet with our cell phones it is pretty intuitive for them to know that they should answer it.

The screen is too dark. Sound quality is not very good. This limits utility. The question mode isn't very engaging either. Kids are okay with it as a distraction when there are no other toys around but other than that, they never play with it. They are still obsessed with our cell phones. We got it for a cheap price, so not much lost.
on January 29, 2016
I purchased this for my son because it was interactive and taught letters and numbers. This is a wonderful toy because my son loves the way it talks to him and unlike other toy phones it contains multiple voices and several different features. His favorite of which is the txt message feature. He loves the Owl that graces the screen at every activity. He wanted to play with his phone only. It is a very educational tool. He will learn from it for days to come plus he will be able to use his imagination in many ways. I would highly recommend this toy if your child loves phones.
on January 4, 2016
Really cute phone. I love the slide out keypad. I wish there was a way to send "text messages" to the phone through the vtech website or something. My little one is almost three and she loves it. As for the volume, it is very low in the upright phone direction because the child is supposed to put it to their ear to hear it as if they were really talking to someone. Up to the ear the volume is perfect. In the texting slide out direction the volume increases since you're not needing to put it to your ear.
on December 28, 2014
I bought two of these for my 2 year old and 4 year old nieces. They both liked them but the 4 year old played with hers a lot longer than the 2 year old. Unlike others, I didn't find the volume to be too loud, even with the slide keyboard out. It was almost too soft when slid in. The kids had to hold the phone right to their ears to hear what was being said but that's probably a plus for the parents over time. The one thing that was annoying was the long, loud ring when a "pal" was calling in. Maybe that can be changed but I didn't look at it long enough to find out.
on April 2, 2013
This phone is perfect because it is a lot like my slide out windows phone. My daughter always wants my phone instead of her paly phone but when I got her this one she stopped asking for mine as much. The phone rings, talks, sings and shows pictures. It slides out with a keyboard and is very educational;.. Even my four year old son likes to play with it. This is Great phone. It is bulky but great for little hands and as far as being made of cheap plastic. Most toys are but I have no worries that she is going to break it. It has hit the ground several times and still works fine. The sound is muffled when the keyboard is closed but it can still be heard. I think this is a GREAT product, so much better than most play phones.
on January 4, 2014
My toddler loves the slide out keyboard on this phone! She thinks she is 'texting' her Nana! Hahahaha! The songs are pretty hard to hear when you are just holding it in your hand, though, but this is NOT a bad thing when it is close to your ear. The volume is just right for 'phone calls'! I was always afraid of pretend phones with their screeching and beeping right in my daughter's ear and with this one I don't have to worry at all. She uses it often and loves it very much. It keeps her busy for awhile with the games and buttons and songs. I would absolutely recommend this phone for your little one!
on January 23, 2015
I got a defective one. You could hear the sound really well when opened for text, but cut out when closed. :-( But even with sound, it doesn't keep my two year old's attention as well as another one he's had. It's a Leap Frog and even though it has less bells & whistles, it keeps him entertained way longer. Maybe he's just a little too young for this one, as he can't "type" yet. But, his older brothers aren't interested in it either and they are school age.