Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 685 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 757 reviews
on December 18, 2012
My son is hard on toys, it's true. We bought this one to replace the Leapfrog phone that he also killed. The two year old loved the sliding feature but didn't use the inside buttons (too big for small hands to hold sideways and push). The phone is fat and the buttons are not real buttons--they are slightly raised bumps. I think perhaps this was the issue because those were the first to go. Then he just pressed the power button on and off for awhile. This phone lasted about a month of being the favorite toy. It took some falls, got gnawed on a little, was left in a cold car overnight, and otherwise was subjected to a toddler. Of course we tried changing batteries and all of that, but alas the phone had died. He really loved it, but I felt that it should have lasted longer because it was all normal kid stuff that happened to the phone. If you have a cautious kid who is easy on toys, they will probably love it.
on April 15, 2016
I had, had this item originally that I had originally purchased from the store. After awhile the power button on the phone would get stuck and remain in an off position. You would need to use your fingernail to pop the button up again. This was a very favorite toy of one of my children. I decided that the stuck power button was probably just a problem on the phone I had. I decided to purchase another phone. Unfortunately the same problem began to happen again. It was too bad because aside from the stuck button everything else worked and it was a very enjoyable toy.
on January 16, 2014
I haven't really sat down and messed with this yet but my daughter is obsessed with phones so she really enjoys this...she is 1 1/2 and my son is turning 5 and he keeps taking this from her and playing with it himself. it's a neat phone for the price. What I don't like is that when you slide it open it is loud and when you slide it back into its original shape (as a phone) the sound is almost muted but overall I would say it's good =)
on January 29, 2016
I purchased this for my son because it was interactive and taught letters and numbers. This is a wonderful toy because my son loves the way it talks to him and unlike other toy phones it contains multiple voices and several different features. His favorite of which is the txt message feature. He loves the Owl that graces the screen at every activity. He wanted to play with his phone only. It is a very educational tool. He will learn from it for days to come plus he will be able to use his imagination in many ways. I would highly recommend this toy if your child loves phones.
on August 30, 2017
The phone worked great for a couple of months. Then the phone stopped all of the functions except turning on. But it will instantly turn itself back off. Batteries have been replaced and still had issue. It was great until it took a crap.
on December 13, 2013
It's not that useful or educational once your kids have learned the ABCs and 123s (around or before age 2). You would think that you could write your own texts using the keypad but that's not the case. You only get to choose between preset texts.

It's also not that interactive because the interactions are a bit forced (limited, pre-programmed) and confusing for the kids. They have not figured out that they should pick up the phone when it "rings", yet with our cell phones it is pretty intuitive for them to know that they should answer it.

The screen is too dark. Sound quality is not very good. This limits utility. The question mode isn't very engaging either. Kids are okay with it as a distraction when there are no other toys around but other than that, they never play with it. They are still obsessed with our cell phones. We got it for a cheap price, so not much lost.
on January 25, 2015
The screen could be brighter. Also, the audio volume is very low when the phone is closed. It's only loud when the phone is open with keyboard out.
My son has dropped it numerous times and it works perfectly. We like that it has more functions than many other toy phones. He is very happy with it.
on December 27, 2013
The phone works well. It isn't too loud. It seems as though it changes a volume level and gets a little louder when the keyboard is slid out. My 16month old loves it. And it entertains the 2 yr old and 4 yr old. It's a bit thick, but that was noted in it's dimensions, and the kids don't seem to mind at all (just takes up a little more room in the diaper bag).
I got this for my 2y/o son who LOVES phones! Whether it's the house phone or any of our mobiles, he just wants to hold it to his ear and talk. This is a bulky phone, BUT it does have a slide out keyboard. There are plenty of learning options, though right now, my little guy just wants to push the buttons over and over and have pretend conversations. It's durable, and the volume has good levels. The keyboard is NOT QWERTY, which annoyed me a little bit, since that's what they're going to learn on in the long run - but - it's a toy.

The screen is very basic with "calculator" like imagery. He doesn't really pay attention to it. But if you're looking for amazing graphics, this is NOT the way to go.

I know that toy selection is different for each kid and it's a game of hit or miss, but this was a hit with my tech savvy son because of:

- button pushing
- lots of sounds
- different voices and names
- has the feel of a "real" phone (for a child, not an adult).
on January 4, 2016
Really cute phone. I love the slide out keypad. I wish there was a way to send "text messages" to the phone through the vtech website or something. My little one is almost three and she loves it. As for the volume, it is very low in the upright phone direction because the child is supposed to put it to their ear to hear it as if they were really talking to someone. Up to the ear the volume is perfect. In the texting slide out direction the volume increases since you're not needing to put it to your ear.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.