Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 682 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 755 reviews
I bought this for my 3 yr old. The first one I bought quit working within an hr on Christmas morning. My son was so disappointed. I went on Amazon asked for a replacement and Amazon shipped it the next day before I even sent the first one back. I didn't even have to leave the house to send back the first one, UPS came by and picked it up. I received the replacement within 3 days. This one works great! It slides open and has a keyboard like a real phone. Plays music and has some teaching alphabet games. The music can be turned off but not turned down. It will turn off on its own if not touched for a couple of minutes. Can not be accidentally turned on-- you have to press the power button for it to turn on. Nothing worse then making a toy turn on by accident during nap time!! Ugh! It Makes sounds when keys are pressed. Good quality-- other than a few paint chips still going strong and my 3 yr old has thrown it and stomped on it! Has held up longer than I thought it would. Lol
If you found my review helpful - please click helpful found below my review and if you have questions I did not answer feel free to leave a comment or go to my profile and email me. Thank you!!
on February 8, 2017
The VTech Slide and Talk Phone is a great toy while helping them learn. The phone teaches them Letters and Numbers. I had originally bought this phone because my son kept taking my phone every time I would set it down. My son really enjoyed playing with this toy and now my daughter who is one now enjoys it too. I would recommend this toy for children between the ages of 9-month-old to 2 years old. My son lost interest in it around the age of 1 1/2 years old. The reason that I gave this product 4 stars instead of 5 stars is because there is not a way to adjust the volume; it tends to be quite low, especially when there is background noise most of the time in my house. In conclusion, this is a great toy to help introduce your child to Letters and Numbers, and VTech toys are one of my favorite toys to buy my children.
review image review image
on August 15, 2016
MY 3 year old granddaughter loves this phone. It has so many features and options it is like many toys in one. SHe carries it with her ecverywhere just like a little adult. It is a nice size with great sized buttons for her fingers. She absolutely loves his phone and I will be ordering one for my grandson soon. Will buy from this seller.
on June 29, 2016
I am NOT one who believes my kids should get I-Pads and I-Phones right off the bat but this one will give you a break with nice visuals and sounds and helpful visuals, distinguishing sounds, shapes, etc. It is not the most necessary thing you will ever give them but nice for the money.
on March 12, 2017
My 26-month-old son ADORES this phone. He refuses to play the games; rather, he waits for a "friend" to "call" and then he hangs up on them before laughing hysterically! Occasionally, he will hold a conversation on the phone which is very one sided at his age, but, hey, as long as he is happy with it, I am a pleased consumer.
on January 16, 2014
I haven't really sat down and messed with this yet but my daughter is obsessed with phones so she really enjoys this...she is 1 1/2 and my son is turning 5 and he keeps taking this from her and playing with it himself. it's a neat phone for the price. What I don't like is that when you slide it open it is loud and when you slide it back into its original shape (as a phone) the sound is almost muted but overall I would say it's good =)
on July 22, 2016
A lot thicker than I expected. Not as sturdy as it seems it should be.. the two halves seem like they might come apart when it is open. My son (1-1/2 yrs) loves it though, and can spend quite a while pretend talking on the phone. When the phone is in the 'closed' position, it is substantially quiter than when it is open. There is no volume control. It is never obnoxiously loud though. The interactive activities are a little to advanced for my son - prompts to click different letters/numbers. He can grow into that function though.
on April 15, 2016
I had, had this item originally that I had originally purchased from the store. After awhile the power button on the phone would get stuck and remain in an off position. You would need to use your fingernail to pop the button up again. This was a very favorite toy of one of my children. I decided that the stuck power button was probably just a problem on the phone I had. I decided to purchase another phone. Unfortunately the same problem began to happen again. It was too bad because aside from the stuck button everything else worked and it was a very enjoyable toy.
on January 29, 2016
I purchased this for my son because it was interactive and taught letters and numbers. This is a wonderful toy because my son loves the way it talks to him and unlike other toy phones it contains multiple voices and several different features. His favorite of which is the txt message feature. He loves the Owl that graces the screen at every activity. He wanted to play with his phone only. It is a very educational tool. He will learn from it for days to come plus he will be able to use his imagination in many ways. I would highly recommend this toy if your child loves phones.
on December 13, 2013
It's not that useful or educational once your kids have learned the ABCs and 123s (around or before age 2). You would think that you could write your own texts using the keypad but that's not the case. You only get to choose between preset texts.

It's also not that interactive because the interactions are a bit forced (limited, pre-programmed) and confusing for the kids. They have not figured out that they should pick up the phone when it "rings", yet with our cell phones it is pretty intuitive for them to know that they should answer it.

The screen is too dark. Sound quality is not very good. This limits utility. The question mode isn't very engaging either. Kids are okay with it as a distraction when there are no other toys around but other than that, they never play with it. They are still obsessed with our cell phones. We got it for a cheap price, so not much lost.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.