Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on January 14, 2012
This toy won't help you to teach your child some basic geography. In fact it won't help you to teach your child anything usefull. Well, playing with this globe the child will learn that there are four countries in Europe and also a lot of tomatoes. Tomatoes? Seriously? They didn't have anything more interesting and important to say about Europe that there is a lot of tomatoes. Actually Europe's got lucky because in South America we have only Brazil and Argentina, and also we can learn that South America is full of pineapples and cougars.
Who on Earth would need such an information I can not imagine.
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2012
I'm not quite sure why just beacause its a kids toy it couldnt be drawn more accurately. And who the heck came up with the different buttons for various countries interests. Like the Spain button is basketball. Though they do like basketball in Spain, it not the most popular sport there, and it really doesn't make me think "Spain" when I think of basketball. Anyway i would rather it teach the locations of more countries, then have a few buttons that don't really touch much about geography.
on July 18, 2013
We bought this globe for my 3 year old when I was travelling to Japan to try to help him understand where I was versus home. The toy did not meet my expectations but I do say that my expectations may have been very high. Overall, I like it because my son still plays with it for 5 or so minutes at a time. It is not so engaging that a child will play with it for hours at his age. That said, he played with this kind of toy a lot when he was 2.

As the product discription says, there are buttons with spoken information regarding the countries. There is limited information on the countries that have knowledge buttons and not very many countries represented - some information is contienental not country.
Would have liked to see more of the buttons - maybe smaller buttons as this toy is for the 3+ group but the buttons and design are suited for a 2 year old.

I wouldn't probably buy it again but am not putting it into a yard sale any time soon.
on November 23, 2013
My brother ordered this through me. The box is open part ways in the front to show the globe. Whoever packaged this placed the toy box face down in the shipping box and put packing on top of that allowing the toy to butt up against the packing box bottom. I'm not saying that was what damaged the globe but it didn't work when it arrived.
on April 10, 2013
The only thing for exploration that the "user" can do is press the buttons of what's there. This could have been done better, I wanted my son to have something to help him learn locations etc. This doesn't really do that, it limits things and is a little stereotypical of regions when it comes to the cultural traits they added.
on February 15, 2013
This item provides a profound concept of our planet's contents and a fun way for parents and childeren to interact. My son is 3 and he enjoys playing with it all the time.
on May 29, 2013
This globe was purchased as a gift to my nephew. He could not wait for me to open the box for him. The little raised pictures on this are touch sensitive. It spins and along the bottom base has either activities or games including the countries.
He is very happy with this toy, and so am I!
on August 20, 2013
My 5yo kid said that it was a toy for mmm "yourger" babies, but she liked it. It isn't as educative as I thought it would be.
on April 3, 2014
The information in these toys now a days is amazing! I love that my children can press a country and associate a sport of music with that country.
on December 27, 2012
Nice to have and send as a gift. Delivered with a bit of tear. Oeverall is acceptable. My kid love this multilpe function of this toy especially the music part. I will recommend you get this for your kid in the store.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question