Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight
Color: Yellow|Change

on April 26, 2015
I thought this flashlight was absolutely adorable. Unfortunately, our daughter can't stand it. You can't have light without an obnoxious song playing over and over. It's too bad that sounds/voices/songs aren't optional. She literally said "make it stop"
Mom got it wrong this time.
41 people found this helpful
on March 11, 2017
I wanted a flashlight for my toddler who has been into making forts, the goal was to find a flashlight that we could use to read books in the dark. Chose this VTech model because I thought he would enjoy the different colored lights. Disappointed though because it turns out not to be an actual flashlight.... it constantly plays music or talks in the on setting (there is no option for light on without sound, and it makes a lot of sounds...). The light does not just "glow" either, all colors constantly flash.
9 people found this helpful
on August 24, 2015
Daughter really likes this flashlight. It does several things besides simply help her to see something in the dark. She has fun playing with it while we are on evening walks or bike rides as well as at home. Her hands are still a little small to be able to 'easily' turn the lens cap to the different settings, but she manages to get it where she wants eventually without assistance and is very proud (and happy) when she does.

The other cool thing that I honestly did not think much of when looking for a light for her is that its bright, but not so bright that it could mess with her eyes or vision (if even possible in intervals of use). The other light that she has that I initially bought is MUCH brighter, has none of the same features and she more times than not points it right at her face or eyes. I don't have much concern with this one if she does that or does that to a friend or someone else as it's just bright enough but not overly bright.
10 people found this helpful
on May 26, 2017
My kid loved this light. They played with it constantly at first and still find it fun to play with from time to time. The fact that it is a flashlight is fun for them. The music and noises get annoying for me, as the adult, but I think that's the intended goal of these kinds of toys. The creepy part is occasionally this toy goes off at night when I happen to pass by. I assume my kid just tossed it in the toy box and it landed on one of the many buttons, but it can be a bit spooky when one of those noise-making toys goes off unexpectedly. (BTW-Ever see those animal shapes puzzles that make noises when the pieces are put back? They have photo receptors that trigger when the light is blocked by the puzzle piece, or anything else, like the sun going down. I hear crocodiles or monkey shrieks every evening from the toy bin...)
4 people found this helpful
on October 21, 2016
My toddlers favorite thing at night and my own migraine starter. Jokingly. This is an excellent choice to make kids feel safe in the dark of night. It is a bit noisy but i have no negative feedback on this at all
9 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2016
My little one loves this flashlight. Everytime she presses the button to turn it on and the flashlight starts flashing and singing she smiles and laughs along with it. It has about 6 colors to rotate on the end for the light and many songs/flashing colors. I would recommend this for anyone about a year and older especially once they can really pick things up and see how they work!
10 people found this helpful
on August 18, 2016
Cute little toy. The colors that are projected change as you turn the outer ring and the flashlight tells you what color is showing. Very durable and sized perfectly for toddler hands.
7 people found this helpful
on December 17, 2017
The first night our two year old twins loved it and wanted to bring it to bed, the second day they both ignored it and have since. It held our twin 2 year olds attention for a day. There is not much to it in my opinion. Learning wise it's limited and as a flashlight it's useless. The light does not stay on as far as I can tell. It is durable so far as our kids have thrown it. It would be nice if there was a way to turn the volume off and still use the lights, or could be used as flashlight. Maybe they will pick it up again? Full disclosure, it's Chanukah and they have been getting a gift every night.
One person found this helpful
on January 12, 2018
I bought this for my two-year-old son because he kept stealing my flashlight, and he loves it. Thankfully it’s not nearly as bright as regular Flashlight so I don’t have to worry about him blinding us or himself and it’s just all around really cute. Different colored lights and songs are pretty neat, I wish I would’ve purchased this sooner.
2 people found this helpful
on January 21, 2018
Disappointing. Ordered this item for a Christmas gift 3 weeks before Christmas. All my other items ordered the same day made it in plenty of time. This one showed up nearly 2 weeks into January. Whatever, my son will still enjoy it so I open it up and it is pink. Not that he cares or I care, but if it is pictured as yellow and red, that's what I was expecting... especially if it was specifically searched as "toddler flashlight for boys" & gave no mention of possibly getting a pink one when ordered. The box was all beat up too (ripped & had a hole in it) so even if I wanted to regift it to another child, it wasn't an option. 2 stars because it works for the most part, but the colored lights are super weak & lame. Definitely not as pictured.
One person found this helpful