BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Frustration Free Packaging)
Color: Orange|Product Packaging: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on November 25, 2013
I usually read the 1 star rating when buying a product. I saw the issues about the wheels sliding on hard floors, being too light to support a child while standing up, going too fast and kids falling on their face... The list goes on. Well after some critical thinking and shopping around I figured that most if not all of the products of this price and material would have the same issues. Well, the reviews were almost completely wrong!
Wheels sliding on hard floors... False, there is a rubber seam on the rear wheels that prevents side to side motion. (I have no idea where this critique came from) My entire main level is hard wood and this has not been an issue.
Too light to support a child while standing up... False (for the most part), my 12 month old is average size and it doesn't tip. That's not to say that if your kid is in the 95th percentire that it's going to be as sturdy as a rock.
Going to fast... False again! There are two settings on the wheels. One pretty much locks the rear wheels (not too much so that it's immovable). The other setting is free spining. My 12 month old (recieved this for his birthday) uses the locked setting on the main floor where it's hard floor and the free spinning setting on the carpet. He has never had the toy "run away" from him causing him to fall flat. Granted he has fallen but that's the purpose right? To help him learn to walk...
This is just my two cents I hope it's helpful.
1515 comments| 2,119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2016
Let me begin with stating the obvious - Yes, my LO really likes this walker. Let me also clear up any confusion on why my LO likes this walker - My LO likes this as a toy, loves the music and sounds. Also, loves opening and closing the small door as well as loves to press the various buttons on the toy.

PACKAGE CONTENTS:
The walker (all pieces connect together well) complete with the batteries.
- The handle bar on top
- The legs with wheels attached
- The front body with wheels attached
- The musical unit which has the batteries already installed

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU MAKE THE PURCHASE:

PROS:
- The musical sounds are perfect - not too loud to frighten the baby at the same time not too low to not be audible. Also, there are two settings available on the musical unit to control the amount of sound.
- The handle is the perfect height for a baby learning to walk.
- There are various activities that a baby can do. My LO loved to open and shut the door. Loved to hit the cow and hear the 'moo moo' sounds.
- The rolling rattle on the bottom is also great for keeping a small baby entertained.
- This toy can be used starting when your baby is able to sit up all the way up to the baby learning to stand and walk.
- There are two settings to control the speed of the walker (however, we have never used more than one which is the slowest - We have used this walker on hardwood floors - you might want to use the faster setting if using on carpet)
- The musical unit will keep your LO entertained for hours!

CONS:
- I feel that this the grip on the tires could be improved upon. We have had a couple falls, not really bad ones, and while I understand that kids fall and hurt themselves, its not fun when your LO is attempting to stand with the walkers help and the walker slips and runs away. A little more traction could have helped even at the slowest settings - It would help is the manufacturer could add a silicon band or something on the tires to help with the use on hardwood flooring.
- It interlocking gears are a little difficult for the babies to play with.
- The small phone is just asking to be lost. :)

The walker is really cool but it could do with a few improvements. Also, the first picture on the listing probably shows the older version of this toy which provided a few different things than is provided in this newer version. The older model had numbers from 1 to 5 on the keyboard, this is not the same with the newer model where these have been replaced by the musical sounds. Also, there were fruits on the triangle, circle and square buttons , these have been replaced by numbers 1, 2 and 3. The farm door was different. Another thing thats different is the the rattles on the bottom. The older version had 3 rattles, the newer one has two, the one in the middle has been replaced by a sticker. I was really hoping to get the older model when I brought this product but settled for the newer version. Had this product been for me I would have rated this at 2 stars but since my LO liked to play with it so much, I never ended up returning it. LO is now almost 17 months old and no longer plays with the walker, but it was definitely one of those things that held her interest for a good while.

All in all, this was much better than the other walkers we tried. The other name brand walker we purchased was no where in comparison to this walker. Please note - pediatricians now recommend not using a walker, I feel if you are constantly watching over your LO this is probably the safest walker and the most fun walker out there - minus the differences in the older and the newer models. You can probably get a couple of thicker rubber bands and put them on the rear wheels to help with traction.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2012
I was a little skeptical to buy this because of all the negative reviews this product had about not being durable and the electronics not working properly. In fact, I was so skeptical that I didn't buy it at first. A few days later, still a little sad that I couldn't find anything else, a friend of mine posted a video of her kiddos (she has twins) playing with the same toy I wasn't buying!! She told me that she loved it, her babies loved it and that it was a durable as it could be so I ordered it. It was extremely easy to put together AND the toy came with its own batteries which I thought was absolutely amazing since nothing ever comes with batteries anymore. The electronics worked great until about 2 months later. It started doing all the crazy things that people were talking about. Luckily I remembered that the batteries were originally provided to me by the company and who knows how old those were so I replaced them and the electronics worked great again. Soooo... to all those people that said that the circuit board was crap, check the batteries first and see if that is the problem.

As for durability, my daughter has rammed it into every single piece of wall, furniture and living thing in our house. It has a 90 degree square base with wheels so it is extremely difficult to tip over. In the 3 months my daughter has had it, she has tipped it over 1 time and learned that when you fall, you have to let go of the handle otherwise it comes down with you.

This toy is fun, flashy and gets used in our house every single day. My daughter loves this thing and it was worth every penny of the $35 dollars I spent on it. If your baby is ready to start walking then this toy is absolutely wonderful but please know that if your baby cannot stand on their own, then they are not ready to be walking with this toy so just get it for them to press the buttons since it can be easily removed until they can stand and walk with it.

There are no stoppers or emergency breaks on the wheels so for those who are worried that their little one will push and it will go forward, you're right, it will and it wont stop. That is what it is made for.

I gave the educational value a four because while there are a million things on it that baby can learn from, they probably are not going to because they will be so busy wanting to push a million other buttons.

UPDATE: We have now had this for 6 months and my daughter still loves it. She figured out how to take the face off to play with it by itself and has thrown it on the ground several times. We do not have carpet so the fact that it is still working tells me that it seems to be put together pretty well.
11 comment| 667 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon September 7, 2016
My daughter is nine months old currently, and lovvveesss to pull up on everything. We do have her an expensive sit in walker, which she likes, but instead of walking forward she tries to move side to side no matter how much we try to teach her. So we decided to buy this inexpensive sit to stand walker as it has so many great reviews, and I know she would love the toy part.

When it came in, it was easy to snap all the pieces together, which are only the back legs, the handle, add the batteries, and then snap on the toy section to the front. Viola! Instant walker. The walker we received also has the numbers on the top shapes versus what's currently in the description picture which is fruit. Based on another reviewer I knew I had the one with the tension "brakes" on the back wheels. The back wheels, in the middle of the wheel, have a thin piece of rubber that goes around the whole diameter of the wheel. On the inside of these back wheels are knobs that when turned can ease the tension on the back wheels making them go around easier, for babies who are walking, or turn the tension down for babies who are just learning to stand so the walker won't slide under their weight.

That being said, I first tried this out on my carpeted rug, and my daughter managed to not only move the walker on the tension setting, but moved it fast to where I had to catch her or she would've face planted the floor. And she hadn't even taken a step yet. That was basically just her weight pushing it. Being a first time parent I had a mini freak, and eyed the walker in distaste, and thought mean thoughts about all the glowing reviews of this. I then tried it on the same rug, pushing it forward, but pushing down a little on it, and it really didn't move that much at all. Which is when I realized my daughters weight and length were some of the factors causing it to "glide" over the carpet versus having some tension as well as the low pile carpeted rug. We then tried this out on my hardwood floors, and thankfully the rubber on the back wheels worked a bit better. It still "glides" a bit, but not like it did on the carpet! There is now a lot more traction so it holds still. Needless to say we will still be watching her like a hawk when she plays with this.

As for the toys, she adores them! I'll regularly take out the toy section, and lay it on the floor for her to play with. There are two sound settings, high and low, and of course an on and off switch, as well as a music switch or talking switch. Personally I don't see the difference in the last two settings as sometimes it just starts singing by itself. And the phone is supposed to talk when it's placed in the holder, but a lot of times it goes off on it's own without any of us touching it.

Other than those few little bugs, it still is a cute walker, and it is helping her learn to stand up. I've also pushed this into the corner of our couch, and placed pillows behind it, so she can learn to pull herself up on it, and the walker doesn't move at all when I do that. Nor does she tip it down either. It's bright, colorful, and she really likes it, so mama really likes it too. I do wish the front wheels had rubber strips too, and I might add some self adhesive ones later.
gift
on November 27, 2011
I have had this for about 6 months now, and can say that it is one of the toys that has held my son's interest in different ways through many different developmental stages. I purchased this when he was about 5 months old, and at that time we used just the removable activity center part, and he just loved the music. Before long he figured out the 'peek-a-boo' door and was thrilled opening and closing the little door to make the unit respond.

At about 6 months old he began trying to pull himself up on furniture, though I waited until he was about 7 months to attach the activity center to the walker. At this time, he was a fairly new cruiser, and I would say that the unit was fairly stable, though not perfectly so, for a very wobbly cruiser. There were times where he would pull back on the toy when losing his balance and the unit would tip over. Sometimes to the side, and a couple times on top of him. I was usually right beside him during these early walking attempts with it, and would try to catch it, though it never landed in a way that hurt him at all. I think the biggest problem with stability in these early days was that he had to reach up to hold the handle. Within about a month, we never had this issue again. For those about to transition to the walker phase, make sure you don't use the walker without the activity center attached, as the added weight in the front gives the unit a lot more stability.

Though he has been walking for almost 3 months now, he still enjoys grabbing this toy and pushing it all over the living room. Additionally, the activity center can still capture his interest enough that it is still like having two toys in one. As he has developed more, he is more interested in the different things he can do in the learning mode now. I am happy with the variety of learning mode activities they loaded onto this, for instance the piano keys have five modes total: open play, note names (do-re-...) colors, numbers and animals.

Pros:
Variety of modes to the learning activities
Music mode is great for younger babies
Also develops fine motor skills with several things to manipulate
Fairly stable walker once your little one is big enough
Good battery life so far - I'm still on the original set
Two volume levels - I love the quieter setting :)

Cons:
Can be a little unstable for smaller walkers - I wish the rear wheels could be adjusted out just a bit further, as I think this would remove this issue.

Overall: This was a great purchase and I would use it again for another little one.
on October 19, 2017
My son isn't walking yet, but he loves the removable toy panel. And his little friend who is 11 months old walks around with ease while pushing it. Good price for what you get when compared to other similar products out there
We are all in love with this toy. I have to take it away from the adults to give to the baby (6 months) to play with. The baby and his friends love it, it is very colorful and fun. Perfect learning toy for any small child. Easy to wipe down, full of fun things for the baby, lights up, makes noise, is colorful - everything a baby wants.
on October 19, 2017
Our baby loves this toy! Uses it for walking and also just loves playing with all of the fun features.
on March 5, 2013
My wife bought this for our godson when he was newly born. The young mother instantly likes it and the kid as well. He listens to the music when he was a few weeks old and now at 4-months enjoys looking at the site of lights changing and blinking as his mom explores this learning walker. You can attach, detach and re-attach the components that makes this walker and dual toy as well ! It is superbly designed to teach visual, auditory and tactile experiences for newborns up to the time they are toddlers!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.