Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Frustration Free Packaging)
Color: Orange|Product Packaging: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on November 25, 2013
I usually read the 1 star rating when buying a product. I saw the issues about the wheels sliding on hard floors, being too light to support a child while standing up, going too fast and kids falling on their face... The list goes on. Well after some critical thinking and shopping around I figured that most if not all of the products of this price and material would have the same issues. Well, the reviews were almost completely wrong!
Wheels sliding on hard floors... False, there is a rubber seam on the rear wheels that prevents side to side motion. (I have no idea where this critique came from) My entire main level is hard wood and this has not been an issue.
Too light to support a child while standing up... False (for the most part), my 12 month old is average size and it doesn't tip. That's not to say that if your kid is in the 95th percentire that it's going to be as sturdy as a rock.
Going to fast... False again! There are two settings on the wheels. One pretty much locks the rear wheels (not too much so that it's immovable). The other setting is free spining. My 12 month old (recieved this for his birthday) uses the locked setting on the main floor where it's hard floor and the free spinning setting on the carpet. He has never had the toy "run away" from him causing him to fall flat. Granted he has fallen but that's the purpose right? To help him learn to walk...
This is just my two cents I hope it's helpful.
2,458 people found this helpful
|1616 comments|Report abuse
on April 13, 2016
Let me begin with stating the obvious - Yes, my LO really likes this walker. Let me also clear up any confusion on why my LO likes this walker - My LO likes this as a toy, loves the music and sounds. Also, loves opening and closing the small door as well as loves to press the various buttons on the toy.

PACKAGE CONTENTS:
The walker (all pieces connect together well) complete with the batteries.
- The handle bar on top
- The legs with wheels attached
- The front body with wheels attached
- The musical unit which has the batteries already installed

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU MAKE THE PURCHASE:

PROS:
- The musical sounds are perfect - not too loud to frighten the baby at the same time not too low to not be audible. Also, there are two settings available on the musical unit to control the amount of sound.
- The handle is the perfect height for a baby learning to walk.
- There are various activities that a baby can do. My LO loved to open and shut the door. Loved to hit the cow and hear the 'moo moo' sounds.
- The rolling rattle on the bottom is also great for keeping a small baby entertained.
- This toy can be used starting when your baby is able to sit up all the way up to the baby learning to stand and walk.
- There are two settings to control the speed of the walker (however, we have never used more than one which is the slowest - We have used this walker on hardwood floors - you might want to use the faster setting if using on carpet)
- The musical unit will keep your LO entertained for hours!

CONS:
- I feel that this the grip on the tires could be improved upon. We have had a couple falls, not really bad ones, and while I understand that kids fall and hurt themselves, its not fun when your LO is attempting to stand with the walkers help and the walker slips and runs away. A little more traction could have helped even at the slowest settings - It would help is the manufacturer could add a silicon band or something on the tires to help with the use on hardwood flooring.
- It interlocking gears are a little difficult for the babies to play with.
- The small phone is just asking to be lost. :)

The walker is really cool but it could do with a few improvements. Also, the first picture on the listing probably shows the older version of this toy which provided a few different things than is provided in this newer version. The older model had numbers from 1 to 5 on the keyboard, this is not the same with the newer model where these have been replaced by the musical sounds. Also, there were fruits on the triangle, circle and square buttons , these have been replaced by numbers 1, 2 and 3. The farm door was different. Another thing thats different is the the rattles on the bottom. The older version had 3 rattles, the newer one has two, the one in the middle has been replaced by a sticker. I was really hoping to get the older model when I brought this product but settled for the newer version. Had this product been for me I would have rated this at 2 stars but since my LO liked to play with it so much, I never ended up returning it. LO is now almost 17 months old and no longer plays with the walker, but it was definitely one of those things that held her interest for a good while.

All in all, this was much better than the other walkers we tried. The other name brand walker we purchased was no where in comparison to this walker. Please note - pediatricians now recommend not using a walker, I feel if you are constantly watching over your LO this is probably the safest walker and the most fun walker out there - minus the differences in the older and the newer models. You can probably get a couple of thicker rubber bands and put them on the rear wheels to help with traction.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
283 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
Top Contributor: Pokémonon December 6, 2016
I purchased two of these VTech Sit-to-Stand toys. One for my son and another for my friend's daughter.

My son loved this walker. He at first just liked to stand and lean against it just trying to keep his balance. When he began learning to walk he would slowly take steps and finally just started zooming back and forth across the living room.

The front, which is detachable, has a lot of musical keys and buttons that make different sounds. There is a detachable phone, which was always getting lost. That is the only thing I didn't really care for, but wasn't a big deal. Also, sometimes it was difficult snapping the front onto the walker.

Overall this is a great product. It's a wonderful sensory toy and helps babies and toddlers gain the confidence to learn to walk.
review imagereview image
29 people found this helpful
on January 16, 2018
By far the best baby walker out there. Both of my first two kids learned to walk with this and loved every minute of play time with it. Camt wait to use it with my third. Little tip: If you have hard wood floors they can get going kind of fast especially when they are first learning to control their walking. We rolled up a small towel and put in between the wheels to help slow it down.
10 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2018
Great walker! NOT educational, but entertaining.

I have twin girls and at their 1 year check up the pediatrician recommended I get a walker to encourage them to start walking (since they hadn't started yet). I'm so glad I picked this one because it is perfect for twins! One baby showed interest immediately while the other only wanted to play with the buttons, so she sat in front of it while her sister was trying to push and they both started screaming at each other! FORTUNATELY the part with the phone and buttons comes off!! So baby 1 can push the walker around while baby 2 sits and plays! Great design!

The only thing I dislike about this product (which is not uncommon in VTech products) is that every button on this toys does 5 different things! So there is no way for a small child to make the connection of what the toy is trying to teach. For example, the most confusing part is the piano keys. For example, the red one sometimes say, "red!" or it will say, "do!" or it will play the music note, OR it will say, "the rooster crows 1 time!" and then crows. That is just ONE piano key. And if the toy has gone to sleep mode, whatever button you push makes the sound of a rooster crowing before doing anything else. So do not buy this for educational purposes because it will confuse the crap out of your kids, but it will entertain them for a little while.
6 people found this helpful
on January 5, 2018
 This toy is a great alternative to walkers. My grandson loved it. He started by pulling himself up. He has since graduated to pushing. And he has learned some problem solving skills. Watch the video to see his skills.
7 people found this helpful
on October 11, 2012
I was a little skeptical to buy this because of all the negative reviews this product had about not being durable and the electronics not working properly. In fact, I was so skeptical that I didn't buy it at first. A few days later, still a little sad that I couldn't find anything else, a friend of mine posted a video of her kiddos (she has twins) playing with the same toy I wasn't buying!! She told me that she loved it, her babies loved it and that it was a durable as it could be so I ordered it. It was extremely easy to put together AND the toy came with its own batteries which I thought was absolutely amazing since nothing ever comes with batteries anymore. The electronics worked great until about 2 months later. It started doing all the crazy things that people were talking about. Luckily I remembered that the batteries were originally provided to me by the company and who knows how old those were so I replaced them and the electronics worked great again. Soooo... to all those people that said that the circuit board was crap, check the batteries first and see if that is the problem.

As for durability, my daughter has rammed it into every single piece of wall, furniture and living thing in our house. It has a 90 degree square base with wheels so it is extremely difficult to tip over. In the 3 months my daughter has had it, she has tipped it over 1 time and learned that when you fall, you have to let go of the handle otherwise it comes down with you.

This toy is fun, flashy and gets used in our house every single day. My daughter loves this thing and it was worth every penny of the $35 dollars I spent on it. If your baby is ready to start walking then this toy is absolutely wonderful but please know that if your baby cannot stand on their own, then they are not ready to be walking with this toy so just get it for them to press the buttons since it can be easily removed until they can stand and walk with it.

There are no stoppers or emergency breaks on the wheels so for those who are worried that their little one will push and it will go forward, you're right, it will and it wont stop. That is what it is made for.

I gave the educational value a four because while there are a million things on it that baby can learn from, they probably are not going to because they will be so busy wanting to push a million other buttons.

UPDATE: We have now had this for 6 months and my daughter still loves it. She figured out how to take the face off to play with it by itself and has thrown it on the ground several times. We do not have carpet so the fact that it is still working tells me that it seems to be put together pretty well.
715 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 14, 2018
We love this so much we bought two, as we have twins. We bought one to test if the twins could use it, then bought another since they loved walking with it but only one could play with it at once. The music is catching to their ears, started around 8 months old. We waited until they were standing up by themselves, as walkers are known for being a bit dangerous. The wheels have two settings, so if your little one hasn't mastered standing, the wheels will "lock" or move freely for walkers. Since ours are learning to walk, we 'lock' the wheels and they can walk behind it at their own pace. I can see them playing with this for at least a few more months as the music setting can change to counting, colors and so on. My only complaint is the barnyard door that opens and closes. Great idea however since it is on a hinge, the little ones keep catching their fingers in the door as it moves. It's easy to rip it off though, as I have done with both now. (Highly recommended if you don't want your little one crying in pain.) Otherwise, we love this walker, probably wouldn't pay more than $25.00 for it though as it is thin, cheap plastic (it is so light you have to have the music maker attached so it doesn't tip when a child climbs up to walk with it).
on March 11, 2018
So this is a great educational toy, however I think it could be MUCH better. It must be very confusing for my baby to press one key and not get the same feedback each time. I don't see how the toy would teach colors, shapes and numbers, when each time my baby presses something it will say GREEN! ONE! SQUARE! WOOF!

In my opinion, they should have a different toggles for each mode, say music/animal sounds mode, color mode, shape mode and number mode. This way you can still have each button do multiple things but you can have some control on what you want to help reinforce with the toy. I also wish there was a way to JUST play the mini piano, and not press the key once and hear the note and then the next time it's "RED!"

While the toy in ON, it randomly activates with "THE SHUN IS SHINNING!" even though no one touched it! My husband already hates this toy but he understands that it's still a good toy for our baby.

Baby is 6 months old and enjoys pressing the buttons, has figured out how to turn the flowers and pick up the phone. He likes to press the cow button and hear it go MOOO!
on March 2, 2018
Overall I like it. The activity box on the front is entertaining and brings kid a lot of joy.

Criticisms:
1. The barn door is a pinch hazard, and poorly conceived. My daughter has had her finger pinched in there twice already; usually one hand holding the side of the box, playing with the door in her right hand leading to a pinch. One more strike and the door is getting removed.

2. The rear “speed wheels” are useless. They provide no real resistance. If they truly wanted to diminish forward/backward movement, they should have considered adding resistance to the front wheel as well, though even with that the walker just slides over flooring because the wheels are so smooth.

3. It’s light, and for beginning standers the design of the walker allows the entire thing to be pulled backward and down leading to falls onto butts. For more advanced kids it’s fine, but there’s not enough weight/resistance to a downward pulling force at the handle to allow for a steady base.
review image
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.