Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Color: Orange|Product Packaging: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 7,131 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8,286 reviews
on November 25, 2013
I usually read the 1 star rating when buying a product. I saw the issues about the wheels sliding on hard floors, being too light to support a child while standing up, going too fast and kids falling on their face... The list goes on. Well after some critical thinking and shopping around I figured that most if not all of the products of this price and material would have the same issues. Well, the reviews were almost completely wrong!
Wheels sliding on hard floors... False, there is a rubber seam on the rear wheels that prevents side to side motion. (I have no idea where this critique came from) My entire main level is hard wood and this has not been an issue.
Too light to support a child while standing up... False (for the most part), my 12 month old is average size and it doesn't tip. That's not to say that if your kid is in the 95th percentire that it's going to be as sturdy as a rock.
Going to fast... False again! There are two settings on the wheels. One pretty much locks the rear wheels (not too much so that it's immovable). The other setting is free spining. My 12 month old (recieved this for his birthday) uses the locked setting on the main floor where it's hard floor and the free spinning setting on the carpet. He has never had the toy "run away" from him causing him to fall flat. Granted he has fallen but that's the purpose right? To help him learn to walk...
This is just my two cents I hope it's helpful.
1515 comments| 1,955 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2016
Let me begin with stating the obvious - Yes, my LO really likes this walker. Let me also clear up any confusion on why my LO likes this walker - My LO likes this as a toy, loves the music and sounds. Also, loves opening and closing the small door as well as loves to press the various buttons on the toy.

PACKAGE CONTENTS:
The walker (all pieces connect together well) complete with the batteries.
- The handle bar on top
- The legs with wheels attached
- The front body with wheels attached
- The musical unit which has the batteries already installed

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU MAKE THE PURCHASE:

PROS:
- The musical sounds are perfect - not too loud to frighten the baby at the same time not too low to not be audible. Also, there are two settings available on the musical unit to control the amount of sound.
- The handle is the perfect height for a baby learning to walk.
- There are various activities that a baby can do. My LO loved to open and shut the door. Loved to hit the cow and hear the 'moo moo' sounds.
- The rolling rattle on the bottom is also great for keeping a small baby entertained.
- This toy can be used starting when your baby is able to sit up all the way up to the baby learning to stand and walk.
- There are two settings to control the speed of the walker (however, we have never used more than one which is the slowest - We have used this walker on hardwood floors - you might want to use the faster setting if using on carpet)
- The musical unit will keep your LO entertained for hours!

CONS:
- I feel that this the grip on the tires could be improved upon. We have had a couple falls, not really bad ones, and while I understand that kids fall and hurt themselves, its not fun when your LO is attempting to stand with the walkers help and the walker slips and runs away. A little more traction could have helped even at the slowest settings - It would help is the manufacturer could add a silicon band or something on the tires to help with the use on hardwood flooring.
- It interlocking gears are a little difficult for the babies to play with.
- The small phone is just asking to be lost. :)

The walker is really cool but it could do with a few improvements. Also, the first picture on the listing probably shows the older version of this toy which provided a few different things than is provided in this newer version. The older model had numbers from 1 to 5 on the keyboard, this is not the same with the newer model where these have been replaced by the musical sounds. Also, there were fruits on the triangle, circle and square buttons , these have been replaced by numbers 1, 2 and 3. The farm door was different. Another thing thats different is the the rattles on the bottom. The older version had 3 rattles, the newer one has two, the one in the middle has been replaced by a sticker. I was really hoping to get the older model when I brought this product but settled for the newer version. Had this product been for me I would have rated this at 2 stars but since my LO liked to play with it so much, I never ended up returning it. LO is now almost 17 months old and no longer plays with the walker, but it was definitely one of those things that held her interest for a good while.

All in all, this was much better than the other walkers we tried. The other name brand walker we purchased was no where in comparison to this walker. Please note - pediatricians now recommend not using a walker, I feel if you are constantly watching over your LO this is probably the safest walker and the most fun walker out there - minus the differences in the older and the newer models. You can probably get a couple of thicker rubber bands and put them on the rear wheels to help with traction.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2012
I was a little skeptical to buy this because of all the negative reviews this product had about not being durable and the electronics not working properly. In fact, I was so skeptical that I didn't buy it at first. A few days later, still a little sad that I couldn't find anything else, a friend of mine posted a video of her kiddos (she has twins) playing with the same toy I wasn't buying!! She told me that she loved it, her babies loved it and that it was a durable as it could be so I ordered it. It was extremely easy to put together AND the toy came with its own batteries which I thought was absolutely amazing since nothing ever comes with batteries anymore. The electronics worked great until about 2 months later. It started doing all the crazy things that people were talking about. Luckily I remembered that the batteries were originally provided to me by the company and who knows how old those were so I replaced them and the electronics worked great again. Soooo... to all those people that said that the circuit board was crap, check the batteries first and see if that is the problem.

As for durability, my daughter has rammed it into every single piece of wall, furniture and living thing in our house. It has a 90 degree square base with wheels so it is extremely difficult to tip over. In the 3 months my daughter has had it, she has tipped it over 1 time and learned that when you fall, you have to let go of the handle otherwise it comes down with you.

This toy is fun, flashy and gets used in our house every single day. My daughter loves this thing and it was worth every penny of the $35 dollars I spent on it. If your baby is ready to start walking then this toy is absolutely wonderful but please know that if your baby cannot stand on their own, then they are not ready to be walking with this toy so just get it for them to press the buttons since it can be easily removed until they can stand and walk with it.

There are no stoppers or emergency breaks on the wheels so for those who are worried that their little one will push and it will go forward, you're right, it will and it wont stop. That is what it is made for.

I gave the educational value a four because while there are a million things on it that baby can learn from, they probably are not going to because they will be so busy wanting to push a million other buttons.

UPDATE: We have now had this for 6 months and my daughter still loves it. She figured out how to take the face off to play with it by itself and has thrown it on the ground several times. We do not have carpet so the fact that it is still working tells me that it seems to be put together pretty well.
11 comment| 636 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2016
I purchased two of these VTech Sit-to-Stand toys. One for my son and another for my friend's daughter.

My son loved this walker. He at first just liked to stand and lean against it just trying to keep his balance. When he began learning to walk he would slowly take steps and finally just started zooming back and forth across the living room.

The front, which is detachable, has a lot of musical keys and buttons that make different sounds. There is a detachable phone, which was always getting lost. That is the only thing I didn't really care for, but wasn't a big deal. Also, sometimes it was difficult snapping the front onto the walker.

Overall this is a great product. It's a wonderful sensory toy and helps babies and toddlers gain the confidence to learn to walk.
review image review image
I have twin grandchildren and I got them this walker toy for their first birthday. They LOVE it and try to beat each other to the walker so they can play with it first. And both are taking steps on their own now. They were both right at the walking point when their birthday rolled around and this toy gives them a protected practice.

The walker was easy to snap together without having to use the instructions. It was pretty intuitive where the parts went.

It is durable, even with both kids pounding away at it.

There is a brake feature on the back wheels which slows the walker down for the just-learning-to-walk.

The activity board comes off the walker so it can be played with flat on the floor. It has a two-setting volume control, which is a nice feature, for those days when Mom and Dad just DON'T want to hear all the noisy toys full-blast.

The only slight negative I can think of is the telephone handset. Not many people have an old-fashioned phone anymore so it is out of date.

Otherwise, this toy is a big hit and I recommend it to anyone with young children learning to walk or wanting to practice their walking.
on December 19, 2015
This is the absolute best way to get a baby walking. Our 9-month old grandson only walked when we held both his hands. After I bought this and showed him how to hold on to it and push/walk, he just took off. He loved it. His parents were so impressed. At first he got frustrated when he would bang into a wall or furniture, but in a couple days he learned to adjust so it would just keep going ... all over the house/hall over and over and over. In a few weeks, he was walking by himself, but still likes to push this walker. Plus he plays with the various talking/singing gizmos on the walker. Wonderful toy for a soon-to-be walker! I wish I'd have taken better pix of Andrew and the walker while we were at their house. Sorry.
review image review image
on June 19, 2016
First of all it's a great price, now that I have it and see how much my son loves it I would have paid 50 dollars for it I love it so much.
I got this for him when he was 6ish months old, and it came very fast and was incredibly easy to assemble.
At first I locked the wheels and he loved to play with the barn door, he loved the phone too but the door was his favorite he would sit there for ten minutes maybe more just playing with the door. The panel with all the buttons comes off the walker very easy so you can put it on the floor if your little one isn't sitting eat and can play with it. I'm about to take a trip and I'm going to bring the panel in the car with us.
There are two volume settings and on off option too.
My son is now 10months and this is the very toy he goes to in the morning. He loves to take off the phone and carry it around. He is also waking all over the place with the walking feature. He loves to push it all around the living room with a huge smile and if you collides with the couch he try's to keep pushing. He loves the shapes at the top, pulling them off and putting them back on.
I think he just found rollers at the bottom and likes to come from the back side of the toy, go on his belly and crawl under the wheels, to spin them.
I can not say how great of a but this is!! He finds new things to do with it all of the time. Great gift from the start if you are looking for a shower, birthday or Christmas gift this is the best thing you could get!!!
review image
on March 14, 2016
My son absolutely loves this toy! He plays with it every day. Sometimes he plays with the toy part on the walker and sometimes I detach it from the walker and put it in his lap for him to play with. I love that the music plays so easily and keeps playing. There are so many different interactions that keep him engaged for long periods of time. I can see where other parents would say it's not stable to have them pull up from. My son weighs 20 lbs and he would need a lot of help pulling himself up at this point. That said, I help him with pulling up when he wants to work on that and it's just fine when you are there keeping an eye. The wheel lock feature is nice for stationary play and also practice just standing still. He's not ready for walking just yet so I can see this toy lasting for quite a while on past when he starts to walk. I would definitely buy this toy again, and it would be a great gift!
review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 31, 2015
2017 Update: Amazing how kids who are raised by the same people can be so different from each other, isn't it? It seems the fewer you have, the more noticeable the differences. I guess I already knew that from raising my own two grown sons, but it took my second grandson having a personality/interests that are night & day different from my first to have my memory promptly refreshed! I'd babysat for my first three grandkids from birth until my daughter-in-law became a full-time mom - the first was very calm, focused, and could play seemingly forEVER with the same small selection of toys we had back then. When he was about 2 1/2, my sister-in-law started passing along electronic toys that my nephew (6 months older than my grandson) had grown tired of, but he wanted nothing to do with anything that made noise or lit up! Enter Grandson #2, who is drawn to anything with "bells & whistles", showing limited interest in the toys Big Brother had preferred.

Well, this "Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker" was purchased for Grandson #3. He's a pretty good mixture of both of his brothers' personalities, but the "1-2-3", "triangle-circle-square" and "red-orange-yellow-green-blue" hasn't held much interest for him - he'll play with it for a few minutes or so, but certainly didn't use it to learn to walk. (By the way, that Christmas was my first experience with Amazon's "frustration free packaging" - several of the toys I'd ordered for my grandsons arrived in it, and what that means is that they're packed in plain brown cardboard boxes... no picture on the outside indicating what's inside, which isn't very appealing to kids... so while I'm sure it makes it easier to stack in the Amazon warehouses, I'm not sure how it's "frustration free" for customers. The first thing we did after the grandkids left our Christmas party was to retrieve everything out of the boxes and get them out to the curb for trash pick up. When we went to put this walker together a week later, we realized we were missing the phone! (I saw several other comments about missing pieces in other reviews.) Since we didn't have the original packaging to return it, I figured it couldn't cost that much to replace the phone... $3 isn't too bad, but that's before you tack on $6.95 shipping! I'm not going to spend another $10 for a plastic phone when I only paid $24.49 for the entire walker!

The walker is cute looking with all of the bright colors and seems pretty sturdy; the two rear wheels have a rubberish strip around them, and a place where they can be adjusted so that they barely move, or move more freely, so the complaints I'd read about these "running away" doesn't appear to hold true with ours when adjusted to the tighter setting. Our grandsons were all late walkers, but we have an infant granddaughter now who might begin earlier and this could be something to steady her balance when his time comes - that remains to be seen. Some of the complaints I'd read were that the front panel fell out easily... ours doesn't - you definitely need to lift the latch to both remove it and lock it back in. Another complaint was how loud it is... there are two settings, and I think the lowest setting is tolerable, but viewing it as an adult, I can see how hearing the same things repeated over and over again in the same voice can become annoying (having experienced that same feeling with some of the hand-me-down toys our middle grandson enjoys... perhaps it wasn't so much that my nephew grew bored with them, moreso that my sister-in-law was trying to hang onto her sanity!) It's too bad the "Off/Talking/Music-Only" is located on the front of the panel... in my opinion, those should be hidden away where adults have a bit more control!

There are a few things to spin, a little door that opens, a few shapes dangling from strings, a miniature piano feature, a phone (IF you're lucky enough to get one in your "frustration free packaging"!) and - of course - those lights and sounds. It's okay... I dunno... maybe I'm just a little old fashioned, but I wonder what effect all of these gizmos are having on attention spans and the development of imagination/creativity. Have to admit hoping that - when I collapse these old bones down onto the floor to play with our granddaughter as she grows - there'll be a lot less flashing gizmos in favor of a lot more block tower building, tinker toy-tinkering. role-playing with trains, and good ol' crayons!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 22, 2016
Love this walker. I bought it for my 1-year-old daughter. She spends the entire day playing with it and goes to it first thing the next morning. I can see her pushing it around soon, though, she is not quite ready to be free of holding solid objects as she creeps around the living room!

I think it's excellent for babies learning to walk because of the wheel lock. I could lock the back wheels for stability and to slow the toy as she was learning and as she got the hang of it and became more balanced, unlock them for full speed.

At first, our daughter was standing and holding on to furniture to walk, but refuse to try and walk without holding on. Then my manager told me about this toy and said that it assist in getting her two grand kids to walk. So when our daughter was 11 months we decided to get it for her, because she was walking on her own on the bed and yet not yet on the floor. We took the funniest video of her walking and almost running with this toy. She was so excited she starting laughing and screaming while she was taking off in flight all over the place. So if your child it shy or has a fear of walking on their own this toy is perfect to get them started. Now, our daughter walks all the time with no problems and also getting into everything.

Definitely, a lot to keep her busy, she likes opening and closing the little door on it, and it says "peekaboo!" The only complaint is they should have put the purple phone on a string like they did the triangle, circle, and square. So be careful not to lose it! Because my daughter loves the phone.

As a parent, I want to add, that for me the toy is not annoying at all. there are 2 different volume, so you can control, so it won't be too loud. Quality is very decent and well-done. I do not regret buying this toy at all.
review image review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.