Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 532 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 603 reviews
on December 26, 2012
This was given as a gift to my dinosaur and car loving 4 year old. When my sister asked if it would be okay, I looked at it and knew he'd love it. All was fine until we opened the package and heard this toy speak. Unfortunately, the other reviews about the language are correct. It is a fun loud toy but the choice of preset phrases is unfortunate. VTech would have done themselves a huge favor to keep it at car noises and dino noises rather than include such phrases as, "I drive Angry!". My son does love this because it includes his two loves, cars and dinosaurs. We will keep it but won't add to our collection of "Switch and Go" toys. I also won't replace the batteries in this one once they die! Also, I haven't figured out how to turn this off. It does eventually stop talking when left idle for a period of time but an off switch would be amazing!!
on November 3, 2015
I bought Silver for my Grandson who has a big thing for dinosaurs.
He figured out the transforming pretty quick. Unfortunately the instructions
that came with it were for an entirely different dino and weren't much good
for this one. My grandson was very disappointed, but he still played with it.
I emailed the seller and they went to the main site and downloaded
the instructions for me and sent them in an attatchment.
Once we had it figured out, it quickly bacame his favorite toy.
Silver has many options such as changing the driver when it's a car and
changing the eyes when he's a T-Rex. There is a volume control to keep from
driving parents nuts. There is even an automatic shut down when there has been
no motion or input for several minutes. I like how the buttons are easy for his little
fingers to work. He plays with it for long periods of time and it's all so easy that he
doesn't need any help.

He has had it for over 3 weeks and so far he hasn't mimiced any of the phrases
that had some of the other reviewers concerned. I am happy it made him so happy.
on November 19, 2012
My son asked for this from Santa after seeing the commercial on t.v. So I ordered it, "played" with it, and now will have to send it back. I really didn't like some of the phrases that they put on this toy. He says things like, "Obey your king", "cower in fear", "rub my feet, and massage my tail". He has over 50 phrases and some are neat, educational facts about the T-Rex. I just wish they'd have left it at that. In the car form he says, "I drive Angry!" and "This is MY road!" I thought some of those phrases were just too odd, (not to mention rude), and not appropriate for my 5 year old, (I don't want him repeating them!)
I love V-tech toys so didn't hesitate to buy this one, but it was a big disappointment.
44 comments| 283 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2013
I purchased this toy and 6 other Switch and Go's for my seven nephews ages 5 - 14 for our family Christmas gathering at a local restaurant. I figured the kids would need something to keep themselves occupied halfway through the meal and this did the trick. I was a little worried with the older boys but they had more fun with them then the little guys. I agree with other reviews that some of the vocals are a little dicy however I listened to the recordings before wrapping and gave those to the older kids. For a gift under $10 I was surprised at the quality and size. I got calls of thanks from the boys later in the day and they were still playing with them when we hung up. Highly recommend!
on December 25, 2014
I'm so horrified. I will never buy another VTech toy. I really wish I'd read the reviews. I now have a 2 year old running around the house saying "I DRIVE ANGRY!" and "He says I DRIVE ANGRY! He's not happy" . This is made worse by the fact that this is his favorite toy this year. If it hadn't been for the rude talk, I would be buying more. (He already asked for more of them!) I probably would've bought many many more, due to the fact that it's his current favorite toy. I'm so so sad. We are going to disable the speaker so he can still see the display, but he's crying now, because we are operating on his toy. I'm also sad that there are reviews more than 2 years old, and this issue still hasn't been addressed. Please read the other reviews before you buy this toy, because this is one of the more mild sayings.
on October 29, 2016
I bought this toy for my 3 years old grandson who has a big thing for dinosaurs.
He figured out the transforming pretty quick.
Silver has many options. There is a volume control to keep from
driving parents nuts. There is even an automatic shut down when there has been
doesn't need any help.

He has had it for over 3 weeks and so far he hasn't mimiced any of the phrases
on October 19, 2013
My grandson who is now four years old liked the trux very much and enjoyed holding it as he listened to the storybook read aloud. I do have one complaint though, with vendor, for both trux. I paid extra for gift wrapping and the wrapping consisted of an open empty gift bag with the trux inside but no tissue paper or other festive inserts. Taking a gift out of an open bag does not compare to unwrapping a surprise gift which I thought he would be doing. Waste of money "wrapping" each toy.
on August 22, 2013
I bought this Switch & Go Dino for my three year old nephew. He loved it. Whenever he would see the commercial on TV advertising these dinosaurs he'd get so excited! He would always point and say that he wanted them. So, needless to say, he was very excited when he unwrapped this present on Christmas morning.

Right away he wanted to play with it, even though he wasn't done opening up his other presents. Switching this toy from dinosaur to car and back again is simple. At first, I had to help him through the changing process...but after that he had it all on his own.

My daughter, 2 years old, loves this toy too. It's fun for boys and girls. I plan on buying a few more so that they can both use one instead of always having to take turns. It's a popular toy in my house. The kids like being able to press a button and switch the screen showing the eyes of the dinosaur and the driver. They like to pick different pairs of eyes when they play. Oh, and my eight year old nephew liked to play with it too. It's really great for just any kid who likes cars and dinosaurs! They get the best of both worlds with this toy!

Recommended!

Brianna Lee Book Reviews
on July 7, 2014
We have a love/hate relationship with this toy. Initially we were a bit wary of his mean demeanor, but my kid doesn't really pay attention to the voices after a while, and he always makes the T-Rex voices angry all on his own, so it hasn't really changed the way he pretends with his dinosaurs. And he never transfers the language from these toys to anything else. This was the first switch and go dino that we purchased, and it's probably our least favorite, although my boy still likes it. The front wheels transformation parts are starting to wear out, after 6 months of relatively light play. So now it's difficult to drive the car without the car transforming and blocking the wheels. The main reason we still love this one is because my boy just absolutely loves anything T-Rex, and he loves anything green, and transformers. So this was made for him. :)
on July 24, 2016
Fun transformer! Like how the eyes change and they make sounds!!! My son likes to change it back and forth! The batteries seem to last forever in this switch and go dino!!! We bought them all to have a bunch to play with!!! This keeps the kids busy for hours! They do not take up a lot of space which is nice! It would be cool if the different Switch and Go's interacted with each other as well! Besides that these are great for the little dinosaur lovers, and great for the imaginations!!!