VTech VM321 Safe & Sound Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision
There is a newer version of this item:
- This configuration includes one parent unit (monitor) and one baby unit (camera)
- High resolution 2.8" color LCD screen - never miss your baby's smile
- Automatic IR night vision - view your baby at night without disturbing them
- Comfort your infant with the 2-way talk-back intercom or choose to play one of five preset lullabies
- Adjustable camera lens - the baby unit camera angle can be easily adjusted, ensuring the best view of your baby
- Wall-mountable - the camera includes a wall-mount bracket to easily attach to a wall
- This 2.4GHz system digitally transmits audio and video signals up to 1,000 feet
- Parent unit can be set to beep if: (1) temperature drops below or rises above your customized zone, (2) link between the parent unit and the baby unit is lost, and/or (3) rechargeable battery is low
- 6-level sound indicator on the parent unit allows you to visually monitor noise levels even when the unit is muted
- Language is preset to English, but can be switched to French or Spanish for all screen displays
- Expandable system - up four total cameras (additional cameras sold separately)
- The baby unit also includes a cord management system for storing any excess power cord
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Video Baby Monitor
Stay close to the heart of your home from any room with a Safe&Sound baby monitor. Refined audio and full-color video bring you every smile, giggle or sigh, so you'll always know exactly how your little one is doing.
Digital Video Baby Monitor
At a Glance:
- Up to 1,000 feet of range
- Split-screen viewing
- Infrared LED
- Expandable system supports up to 4 baby units (uses VM301 camera).
- Digital transmission—2.4GHz frequency digitally transmits both audio and video signals.
- Adjustable camera angle
- Wall-mountable baby unit with built-in cord storage compartment.
- Soothing lullabies—play 5 different melodies from the camera.
- Temperature sensor
- Rechargeable battery with low-battery alert on parent unit.
- Zoom the camera from the parent unit.
- 6-level sound indicator
- Vibration sound alert on parent unit.
DECT 6.0 Digital Technology
This digital monitor uses DECT 6.0 digital technology which eliminates background noise and prevents interference, ensuring a crystal-clear transmission, so the only sounds you hear are your baby's. In addition, DECT technology transmits a secure, encrypted signal so you can rest assured you're the only one who can hear your baby.
1,000 Feet of Range
Stay connected to your baby from another room or even outside with up to 1,000 feet of range so you can go about your day.
Adjustable Camera Lens
An adjustable camera lens makes it easy to choose the viewing angle that works best for you and your baby.
View your baby at night without disturbing them. Eight infrared LEDs automatically detect dim light, providing clear video even in dark rooms.
|Encrypted & Secure Wireless DECT 6.0 Transmission||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Operating Range||Up to 1,000 feet||Up to 1,000 feet||Up to 1,000 feet||Up to 1,000 feet||Up to 1,000 feet||Up to 1,000 feet|
|Audio/Video||Audio||Audio||Audio / 2.0" Color Video||Audio / 2.8" Color Video||Audio / 2.8" Color Video||Audio / 4.3" Color Video|
|Expandable||Up to 2 parent units||Up to 2 parent units||Up to 4 cameras total||Up to 4 cameras total||Up to 4 cameras total||Up to 8 cameras total|
|Automatic Alert Capability||Sound||Sound & Temperature||Video & Sound||Video, Sound & Temperature||Video, Sound & Temperature||Video, Sound & Temperature|
|Rechargeable Battery (Parent Unit) with Low Battery Alert||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|2 Way Communication||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Automatic Infrared Night Vision||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Remote Pan, Tilt and Zoom||✓||✓|
|Other||Belt Clip + Nightlight||Glow-on-ceiling Nightlight, Soothing Lullabies||Wall Mount||Soothing Lullabies, Wall Mount||Wall Mount||Wall Mount|
Top Customer Reviews
First, the picture quality is NOT GOOD. Compared to the Summer Infant, it's a joke, especially the night vision. Luckily my son has dark hair or I'd never be able to GUESS where he was in the picture. If you need crisp images, do not get this model. We're making do so far, as we can mostly tell where the toddler is in the picture, but it's terrible.
Second, the sound quality and reliability is NOT GOOD. The Summer Infant has crisp, continuous sound. The VTech sound is tinny at best, and interference interrupts it every couple of seconds, in no particular pattern. Moreover, the sound seems to turn itself OFF all the time. I've been able to jog it back on by using the "Talk" feature to say something over the intercom to my son, and then the sound kicks back on awaiting his response. Again, we're using it for him, but it's terrible.
We have not used this yet for a newborn, and it's quite likely that we won't.Read more ›
Although this sounds great, in actual use it was awful. Regardless of what sensitivity setting we had the unit on, it still would turn on and off all night. If there was the slightest sound in the baby's room, the monitor would "wake up" and you would hear white noise. 2 seconds later, it would go silent. 2 seconds later again and it's making noise. On..off..on..off.
Unfortunately there is no way to turn this feature off -- so we packed it up and sent it back. We then purchased a Motorola video baby monitor, which has worked well, and although never goes completely quiet, at least it doesn't keep turning on and off all night like the V-Tech did.
Pros: Video quality, ease of setup, battery backup in baby unit, front speaker and volume control, price.
Cons: No way to turn off VOX sensitivity.
I started with the Motorola MBP33, which I would probably still have if the sound didn't start cutting out, which obviously merited its replacement. This one seemed reliable for 8 weeks, very few "bells and whistles", just a straightforward baby monitor that worked. Don't expect "high def" with a baby monitor that costs under 200 dollars (or ANY one, for that matter). Good night vision, very sensitive sound detection. I liked the simple and light construction of the parental base and the camera. This camera doesn't pan/tilt, and has to be moved manually. Fine. LIke I said, if it didn't fail, I'd probably still have it today.
The next one was the Summer Infant Baby Touch 2. In theory, this monitor should have been far superior, as it had some additional functions. The best of these was the panning and tilting, which was very cool. But there were several things I didn't like about this monitor:
Baby Touch 2 Pros:
1. Nice large display, good coloring.
2. Excellent pan/tilt feature.
Baby Touch 2 cons:
1. When not connected to AC power, the parental unit video turns off after a few minutes and needs to be toggled on. The MBP33 had this problem too. I wish they'd make this optional. Yes, if not on AC power the battery will drain more quickly with continuous video, but why not give me that option?
2. The kickstand on the parent unit was clearly going to fail in the long-term. It was metal and its kick out was resistance-based, and it just seemed doomed to failure.
3. The parental unit comes with a recharging base that didn't have its down AC adaptor (WHY?Read more ›
Unfortunately, our experience was much, much worse. Sure enough, it was difficult to find a good sound sensitivity setting, but we settled on the highest one. For two weeks, we enjoyed being able to keep a video eye on our son while in his room. In fact, without this monitor, my wife would never have known that when our son goes down for his nap, he doesn't always sleep.
That was when it worked, which was approximately one week. Our problems began when the image on the parent unit started flickering like an old analog television set that needs to have its vertical hold adjusted. This continued to deteriorate until finally, the parent unit and camera refused to synch. Instead, the parent unit beeps and the camera power light blinks red and green while it makes an annoying clicking sound. No sound. No picture. After only two weeks of use.
Taking into account the previous review where the manufacturer admitted that the camera was bad (though we think our parent unit is bad, since the camera does not malfunction when the parent unit is turned off), this is obviously too high of a defect rate, so we are returning this item to Amazon for a refund.
Don't make the same mistake we did. Don't buy this unit!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are amazing! We use them for both boys in separate rooms, and you can hear them clearly. We love that you can talk to them through the monitor. Read morePublished 10 hours ago by DocRomeroED
Hubby and i bought the single camera for our daughter before she was born in August 2013. The monitor went with us everywhere. Read morePublished 4 days ago by T Inman
So far, I really like my VTech monitor. I did a loooooot of research and finally landed on this one. My budget isn't very big, but I still wanted a quality brand. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Katie
Really good product, great clarity. Only wish they had the time on the display.Published 8 days ago by Amazon Customer
I like this a lot. I been using it for about 2 months now and it works great. The sound will stay off until the baby or toddler makes noise. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Jeff and Amanda
There are a lot of REALLY expensive and high tech options out there for monitors. It was a bit overwhelming for me and my husband when we were expecting. Read morePublished 13 days ago by C. McPherson
I really like this product but the only thing to keep it from being a five star product is that it doesn't do a panoramic view.Published 16 days ago by footballwife81