Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,535 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,801 reviews
on May 8, 2017
I own an "Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver". We've used it so much over the years that it needed to be replaced. So, with that, I bought this one, and it is not the same product.

The pump does not click when a sufficient vacuum has been pulled. It's cheap and wobbly. The two stoppers it came with are made of a rubbery black material. There is no "Vacu Vin" labeling on the pump. This appears to be some cheap knock off.
55 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2017
I like this product a lot. It does a great job and I can more or less tell when the bottle is sealed by the change in resistance but there is no click. I asked a friend to show me there's and yep - very distinctive click but that is not the case with mine. Small complaint...otherwise it works fine.
on August 6, 2017
Works as it should it takes about 10 - 12 pumps to hear click depending on how empty the bottle is.
It would be nice if they included a few more stoppers but not that many bottles that do not get emptied so I guess 2 is ok.
on March 29, 2017
My first one lasted many years. I ordered this as a replacement. It has saved many bottles of wine from going bad.
on May 23, 2016
I learned the hard way that you can ruin really good scotch by trying to save it for special occasions. Someone gifted me a very nice bottle and I only drank it when the mood served. Eventually, as there becomes more oxygen in the bottle than actual booze, it looses all of its heat and flavor. I'm no rocket scientis, but in the same way old gasoline turns to varnish, I'm sure old booze turns to rather bad tasting water. Further research confirmed this. First I thought about getting step-down sized bottles, so I could pour it into progressively smaller bottles to keep the air to liquor ratio down. What a pain. Then I found this. So long as your scotch is in a cork-able bottle this seems to work. I hear it also works for wine ;p
on March 31, 2017
My step mom had these and I was soo pleased with hers I bought a set and we have eventually collected more stoppers because we are quite the wine drinkers in my house. They keep the fizz and your drinks from going sour. I have always been really happy with these.
on August 22, 2017
As a single gal who enjoys the occasional glass of red wine at the end of the day, this tool has been super convenient. I hate trying to finish a bottle of red wine in two days, and this little gadget has saved me serious money!
on August 9, 2017
Best way yet that I've found to keep our wines from becoming "vinegar" so quickly. The "click" which indicates the correct vacuum is subtle so listen carefully for it. Our wines are usually in the $10-15 range.
on March 13, 2017
I work in a wine store, this product seems to let more air in, then out Don't buy
on June 7, 2016
This pump creates an excellent seal and extends the life of opened wine to ~5-6 days for me. It works by removing oxygen which prevents wine from deteriorating into vinegar. As you pump, you know that enough air has been removed when it makes a clicking noise. After that, I can literally pick up a nearly full wine bottle by the rubber cork due to the suction (don't recommend this!). To remove the suction you just push the flexible rubber "nose" of the stopper to the side and you will hear the seal release. This is a no frills, simple way to extend the life of your opened wine. If you are looking for a fancy electric device to show-off to your wine connoisseur friends then I would look elsewhere.