Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,498 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,761 reviews
on May 8, 2017
I own an "Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver". We've used it so much over the years that it needed to be replaced. So, with that, I bought this one, and it is not the same product.

The pump does not click when a sufficient vacuum has been pulled. It's cheap and wobbly. The two stoppers it came with are made of a rubbery black material. There is no "Vacu Vin" labeling on the pump. This appears to be some cheap knock off.
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The packaging says there will be a click sound heard once vacuum has been achieved. I'm not a weak or feeble guy and I even read the directions for once. I made the seal tight by gripping the base firmly and pushing down then pumping as directed while maintaining that seal. I pumped away on it so much that even early teenage me would have been shocked. I tried it several times and nothing I could do would cause the pump make the click sound. I had others try and same thing to no avail. The stopper appeared to have some suction on it but after a few minutes the stopper would lose what little vacuum the bottle had and it would slip right out. These stoppers will be obsolete soon enough anyways because most wine bottles are now screw top. I shop at BevMo and at Total Wine & More mostly and recently took notice that 99% of the bottles there don't use corks anymore. On one recent outing I stocked up a little and bought 24 bottles of wine ranging from $10-$60 and out of those 24 bottles only two of them used a cork. The other 22 bottles all had screw tops so I really don't see much of a need for this item. This item is barely useful if it would work and 100% useless since it does not.
on May 22, 2017
Absolutely love this. Works like a charm. Wish I had known about this before. So easy to use and never have to try to shove a cork back in the bottle. A few pumps until you hear the click click sound and it's air tight again.
on May 25, 2017
This model works very well, I used it every day for more than a year and it continuous performing well. The first model that I get was a deluxe version (stainless steel exterior) but it didin't work as good as this model, I have two of this model, one in my main house and one in a little farm house that I have and both works very well.
on October 22, 2015
I bought this to replace a wine pump that disappeared after my move. This one works, but feels cheap and weak. I DOES create a good vacuum, and it does it's job well. I just have a hard time with the lack of a quality feel in it. So, if you want effective then this is perfect. If you want effective AND quality, this MIGHT be great, but it sure does not feel like it. If it breaks I will update this.

Keep in mind, I do not use it heavily, so wear and tear on it is lower than some others may put on theirs.
on March 30, 2017
I now give these as gifts since the original one I bought is part of my every day life. I only drink one glass of wine in the evening and my hubby does not drink any wine. Therefore this allows me to easily keep a bottle of red or white unrefrigerated and on my counter since all the air is taken out of the bottle.
on June 23, 2017
Gave these as Christmas presents to my good friends and sister in law. I also own one. They are GREAT!! Comes with two tops. I've since purchased more. If you drink wine and don't finish the bottle in one setting this is for you!! My husband and I argue over who gets to use it. Fun putting on and taking off.
on July 2, 2016
The item sent was not the item ordered. We expected the "T" shape, but instead got this odd loop that doesn't perform properly, and the suction is laughable.
Even a bottle of Boone's Farm would deserve better than this.
Shame we didn't realize it till it was too late to return them, as we missed the return date by 1 day.
So disappointing when businesses change what was once a well made and functioning product just for the sake of changing something.
on March 5, 2017
So glad I snagged this when it was $8.99 !! Definitely worth it for this price.

It does the job -- easily keeps my wine more fresh than if I didn't use this Wine Saver Pump. Very simple & easy to use -- just pump the vacuum atop the bottle stopper until you hear the clicking noises !

I'd recommend this to my other wine loving friends :)
on November 10, 2015
First of all...here is how the product works. Instructions are via picture illustrations only and are pretty straightforward. First you put the two piece rubber stopper in the bottle. Next you put the vacuum pump on the top of the stopper/bottle. You hand pump the bottle until you hear a very audible "click" when the vacuum is reached. Remove the hand-pump and wa-la, your wine is preserved! To release the vacuum you just simply push the little gray "spindle button" in the center of the stopper to the side and you can again access your wine. This product works EXACTLY as advertised and the vacuum kept as long as I needed it to (48 hours) and did not leak at all when I stored the bottle on it's side in the wine rack. The product is easy to clean and the stopper is dishwasher safe (but not the vacuum pump). However, I just pulled the gray and black pieces of the stopper apart and hand washed them. Easy peasy. Great quality product at a great price point. Would be an excellent gift for the wine lover you know.