BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on May 8, 2017
I own an "Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver". We've used it so much over the years that it needed to be replaced. So, with that, I bought this one, and it is not the same product.

The pump does not click when a sufficient vacuum has been pulled. It's cheap and wobbly. The two stoppers it came with are made of a rubbery black material. There is no "Vacu Vin" labeling on the pump. This appears to be some cheap knock off.
55 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2017
This device was in every bar or restaurant I ever worked in. Sometimes you'll get a cork that is a dud, but they're so inexpensive just order more if that happens. I would say that this is meant more for short-term wine preservation- I don't think it's going to keep a bottle fresh for more than a week, but if you just want to have one glass a night with your dinner this will do a great job.
on October 16, 2017
This is a big help for increasing the amount of time that wine can be kept in the refrigerator in a partially used bottle. Otherwise wine will begin to noticeably sour after two or three days depending on temperature. Easy to use. Just push in the replacement cork and set the vacuum pump on top. Operate the handle until you hear an audible click.
on October 11, 2017
This product keeps your red wine good for about a week and is also nice to use on white wine to ensure freshness. I'm so happy I bought it! I like to have a glass of wine or two in the evenings, but I rarely finish a bottle of red within the time it takes the wine to go bad (which I find is 3-4 days). With this, my red wine lasts about a week and a half!
on October 1, 2017
This is the most evvective wine stopper I've ever used. By removing all the air, this stopper prevents the wine from oxidation, thereby protecting the flavors of the wine. Ahhh . . . delicious, with just a hint of exactly what the vintner designed. This tool will give your arm a workout removing the air, but for me, it's worth it.
on September 24, 2017
My mom had one of these when I was a kid so when I came of age and started drinking wine I bought a set too. The clicking that indicates enough air has been pumped out can be annoying (I tend to go beyond that point and vacuum out as much air as I can), but overall this is a great product.
on September 21, 2017
I like this product a lot. It does a great job and I can more or less tell when the bottle is sealed by the change in resistance but there is no click. I asked a friend to show me there's and yep - very distinctive click but that is not the case with mine. Small complaint...otherwise it works fine.
on August 6, 2017
Works as it should it takes about 10 - 12 pumps to hear click depending on how empty the bottle is.
It would be nice if they included a few more stoppers but not that many bottles that do not get emptied so I guess 2 is ok.
on March 29, 2017
My first one lasted many years. I ordered this as a replacement. It has saved many bottles of wine from going bad.
on May 23, 2016
I learned the hard way that you can ruin really good scotch by trying to save it for special occasions. Someone gifted me a very nice bottle and I only drank it when the mood served. Eventually, as there becomes more oxygen in the bottle than actual booze, it looses all of its heat and flavor. I'm no rocket scientis, but in the same way old gasoline turns to varnish, I'm sure old booze turns to rather bad tasting water. Further research confirmed this. First I thought about getting step-down sized bottles, so I could pour it into progressively smaller bottles to keep the air to liquor ratio down. What a pain. Then I found this. So long as your scotch is in a cork-able bottle this seems to work. I hear it also works for wine ;p