Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 8, 2017
I own an "Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver". We've used it so much over the years that it needed to be replaced. So, with that, I bought this one, and it is not the same product.

The pump does not click when a sufficient vacuum has been pulled. It's cheap and wobbly. The two stoppers it came with are made of a rubbery black material. There is no "Vacu Vin" labeling on the pump. This appears to be some cheap knock off.
55 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2017
I do enjoy wine but do not drink it as often as others. Therefore, being able to preserve the contents of the bottle after enjoying one glass is wonderful ... and it saves money by not having to toss the wine so quickly. The wine saver is easy to use by pulling the plunger up to form the vacuum. Just wait til you hear the click and you're done! The stoppers are easy to remove when you're ready for the next glass.
on October 27, 2017
I like these corks and the idea I can reduce the air inside of the wine bottle. But, They don't seem to hold the vacuum. I would still recommend this product to others because they do look nice when the bottles are lined up on my bar shelf. Thank you, BOB
on November 5, 2017
Doesn't seem to work. I can't get this thing to work. I've watched videos and I can't hear a click. It leaks a little if the bottle is on its side and doesn't keep the wine fresh or sealed any longer than if I just put the cork back in.
on March 29, 2017
My first one lasted many years. I ordered this as a replacement. It has saved many bottles of wine from going bad.
on March 31, 2017
My step mom had these and I was soo pleased with hers I bought a set and we have eventually collected more stoppers because we are quite the wine drinkers in my house. They keep the fizz and your drinks from going sour. I have always been really happy with these.
on March 13, 2017
I work in a wine store, this product seems to let more air in, then out Don't buy
on September 29, 2017
Has fit every wine bottle I've used it on, easy to use: pop in the plug, put the vacuum over it, pump air out and you're done. I drink wine every other night and now my wine doesn't taste like vinegar two days later. Yeay!
on June 7, 2016
This pump creates an excellent seal and extends the life of opened wine to ~5-6 days for me. It works by removing oxygen which prevents wine from deteriorating into vinegar. As you pump, you know that enough air has been removed when it makes a clicking noise. After that, I can literally pick up a nearly full wine bottle by the rubber cork due to the suction (don't recommend this!). To remove the suction you just push the flexible rubber "nose" of the stopper to the side and you will hear the seal release. This is a no frills, simple way to extend the life of your opened wine. If you are looking for a fancy electric device to show-off to your wine connoisseur friends then I would look elsewhere.
on March 4, 2017
This product is pretty neat. It is convenient to not have to put corks back in and take them back out every time. However, sometimes these can leak if the bottles are laid down, and I have also had them pop out of a cold bottle that heated up to room temperature on the counter.