Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

The Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver with 2 Vacuum Stoppers - Black
Color: Black with 2 Vacuum Stoppers|Change

on May 8, 2017
I own an "Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver". We've used it so much over the years that it needed to be replaced. So, with that, I bought this one, and it is not the same product.

The pump does not click when a sufficient vacuum has been pulled. It's cheap and wobbly. The two stoppers it came with are made of a rubbery black material. There is no "Vacu Vin" labeling on the pump. This appears to be some cheap knock off.
55 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 29, 2018
Returned, don't recommend it.

What is pictured and what's actually being sold are two completely different products. I received a plastic bag (no box, no logos) with 2 rubber stoppers and a cheap plastic pump. The stoppers smelled strongly of rubber and couldn't hold a seal on a bottle. The pump doesn't provide enough vacuum and it doesn't make any clicks. Made in the Netherlands? Not really, there is no country of origin on any of the items.

My original review wasn't published, I imagine there are many other 1-star reviews that are being hidden.
on July 7, 2016
My wife loves red wine. I don't. We're also poor. This means that when we open a bottle, she's had to do one of two things.

1) Drink it all at once. This leaves my 90lb wife in a pile on the bathroom floor. No fun.
2) Leave it open. The cheap stuff we buy goes bad pretty darn fast. She either drinks the stale wine, or makes sangria.

This was a nice cheap vacuum that worked well and held a seal on a variety of sized bottles. My wife can enjoy a glass a day all week and not feel guilty about it going bad. I won't say that it's saved my marriage or anything like that, but it's nice little addition to our kitchen.
0Comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 22, 2018
I found this version to be adequate for what it is intended to do. You put the vacuum stopper on your wine bottle in place of the cork, then you pump out air through the one way air vent on the stopper. After the pump gives you enough resistance, you have removed a significant chunk of air from your wine bottle.

The problem is that the wine that is inside your bottle has already been exposed to a lot of air upon initial opening. Don't be fooled into thinking that you will have unlimited amounts of time to finish your bottle. I would say that your wine will have maybe an extra day or two tops before it starts to lose it's quality. I have definitely had wines where I have pumped the crap out of them and had them go completely bad about a week later.
on April 18, 2016
I bought this about 3.5 years ago for my husband and he's been using it ever since. It was the first vacuum pump he had ever tried with his wine bottles so we really didn't think much of it. It did what it was supposed to do and you can feel it working with each pump getting gradually harder as the air into bottle runs out. When it is completely vacuumed the pump makes a clicking noise to indicate that you are done. Easy-Peasy.

Well recently I bought my husband a new pump that came with 6 stoppers since sometimes we have parties and have more than two bottles left open and unfinished. The new one I got is a different brand entirely but I liked it because it had plenty of extra stoppers. Turns out this one is so much better!! The other one makes no indication of when you are done sucking out the air. The pumps don't get easier so the first pump feels the same as the 100th pump. When you pull the pump off the little stopper does seem to be secure but you can pull it out without pushing the air release button so it can't work that well. Anyhow, all this to say this Vacu Vin Wine Saver is the one to get. I will just buy some more little stoppers for the pump we already have and return the pump I just bought that was more money and didn't work.
on March 10, 2016
I love wine, but not every day, and not a whole bottle at a time (like my ex). Living alone, I almost never open a bottle unless friends are over for dinner. But with this pump, I can, and it lets me salvage any leftover juice. On average, red wine has lasted me 2-3 more days than if I wasn't using the pump.

I noticed some folks were complaining about the lack of instructions. Guys, it's a pump. It takes out air. You put the stopper in the bottle, pump on top, and... pump out the air. When you hear a click, which is apparently a patented indicator held by Vacu Vin, you know you've reached "optimum vacuum level." Easy as taking a swig.

The stoppers are made of rubber and the pump is plastic. It feels cheap (expected for the price) but I've dropped it here and there and it stands up to my abuse.

I even use the Vacu Vin to keep other things fresh, like coffee. Suddenly, empty wine bottles have many more uses.
on October 29, 2017
It took me a while to get the hang of this but I love it now!! Wet the outer-edge of the stopper, place the stopper inside your wine bottle, then begin to pump. Once you hear it do a "click, click" noise, you have vacuumed the air out. To release the stopper (letting air back in), just press the center piece of the stopper to one side.
on February 24, 2016
This is a cheap way to extend the life of your wine and not feel like you need to drink the entire bottle in one sitting. Maybe you don't "need" to, but this will help. After I open a bottle, immediately vacuum the bottle. It will easily be fresh the second day. I can't taste a discernible difference between the first opening and second day. It holds up well a third day later also. I've tried 4-5 days later but it's not for me. Maybe it's still drinkable but I don't.

PRO TIP: Other reviewers have stated that they have a difficult time pumping till they hear the click. I'm really not sure why they are having issues. It must be their form. My fiance can do it as well and she is no bodybuilder. Place your wine bottle on a flat surface and make sure you are above it. If you are at a table, make sure it's stable and can handle you pushing down with force on it. I would suggest placing the bottle on a kitchen counter or even the floor than a table. To get the best angle, be sure you are above the pump.
on November 10, 2015
First of is how the product works. Instructions are via picture illustrations only and are pretty straightforward. First you put the two piece rubber stopper in the bottle. Next you put the vacuum pump on the top of the stopper/bottle. You hand pump the bottle until you hear a very audible "click" when the vacuum is reached. Remove the hand-pump and wa-la, your wine is preserved! To release the vacuum you just simply push the little gray "spindle button" in the center of the stopper to the side and you can again access your wine. This product works EXACTLY as advertised and the vacuum kept as long as I needed it to (48 hours) and did not leak at all when I stored the bottle on it's side in the wine rack. The product is easy to clean and the stopper is dishwasher safe (but not the vacuum pump). However, I just pulled the gray and black pieces of the stopper apart and hand washed them. Easy peasy. Great quality product at a great price point. Would be an excellent gift for the wine lover you know.
on October 27, 2017
Works great. Really works great at keeping my partially drunk wine intact. The problem is that you know that it's good when you hear a click. That click is like a mouse fart and is nearly indistinguishable from the noise when the plunger is pulled all the way to its end. I have to tell everyone to be quiet so I can close the wine and even then, I have to keep my head right next to it. Sure, you may say that means I have diminished hearing, but who is drinking wine and using this? 13 year olds who can hear super high frequencies or older more distinguished folks like myself who may have lost a step or two physically. Don't get me wrong, I still look damn good but in order for this company's product to be more successful, they need to make the click much louder
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse