BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 8, 2017
I own an "Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver". We've used it so much over the years that it needed to be replaced. So, with that, I bought this one, and it is not the same product.

The pump does not click when a sufficient vacuum has been pulled. It's cheap and wobbly. The two stoppers it came with are made of a rubbery black material. There is no "Vacu Vin" labeling on the pump. This appears to be some cheap knock off.
55 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2017
This works pretty well. I have only used it on one bottle of Prosecco that has been opened for two days....and I went back into the bottle twice now since originally opening it. The 'fizz' is still just about what it was the first time being opened. The "click" sound when pumping the air out is faint but once you use it the first time, you can definitely tell when it's time to stop pumping. Not sure how long this will keep champagne or sparkling wine, but it's worked for twice so far and there seems to be little or no loss of effervescence.
on March 9, 2015
Its a simple easy to use product that works. I drink wine all the time with my meals, A lot of table wine. Now table wine doesn't have a long shelf life after you pop the cork. And there are spans of a few days where I may open a bottle drink a glass and then not drink anything more from that bottle for a few days. Then when i return to that bottle after a few days you can taste the difference in the wine. Exposure to air has ruined the quality of the wine. With this product my table wine taste the same as the day i opened it. Now this is not a long term storage solution. BUT if you are like me and like to drink wine, and not be obligated to drink the whole bottle before exposure to air ruined the quality of wine. This product is great for that. i allows you to keep the wine fresh for a few days so you can get around to drinking it.
on October 16, 2017
This is a big help for increasing the amount of time that wine can be kept in the refrigerator in a partially used bottle. Otherwise wine will begin to noticeably sour after two or three days depending on temperature. Easy to use. Just push in the replacement cork and set the vacuum pump on top. Operate the handle until you hear an audible click.
on October 1, 2017
This is the most evvective wine stopper I've ever used. By removing all the air, this stopper prevents the wine from oxidation, thereby protecting the flavors of the wine. Ahhh . . . delicious, with just a hint of exactly what the vintner designed. This tool will give your arm a workout removing the air, but for me, it's worth it.
on September 24, 2017
My mom had one of these when I was a kid so when I came of age and started drinking wine I bought a set too. The clicking that indicates enough air has been pumped out can be annoying (I tend to go beyond that point and vacuum out as much air as I can), but overall this is a great product.
on September 21, 2017
I like this product a lot. It does a great job and I can more or less tell when the bottle is sealed by the change in resistance but there is no click. I asked a friend to show me there's and yep - very distinctive click but that is not the case with mine. Small complaint...otherwise it works fine.
on August 6, 2017
Works as it should it takes about 10 - 12 pumps to hear click depending on how empty the bottle is.
It would be nice if they included a few more stoppers but not that many bottles that do not get emptied so I guess 2 is ok.
on March 29, 2017
My first one lasted many years. I ordered this as a replacement. It has saved many bottles of wine from going bad.
on May 23, 2016
I learned the hard way that you can ruin really good scotch by trying to save it for special occasions. Someone gifted me a very nice bottle and I only drank it when the mood served. Eventually, as there becomes more oxygen in the bottle than actual booze, it looses all of its heat and flavor. I'm no rocket scientis, but in the same way old gasoline turns to varnish, I'm sure old booze turns to rather bad tasting water. Further research confirmed this. First I thought about getting step-down sized bottles, so I could pour it into progressively smaller bottles to keep the air to liquor ratio down. What a pain. Then I found this. So long as your scotch is in a cork-able bottle this seems to work. I hear it also works for wine ;p