Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on May 8, 2017
I own an "Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver". We've used it so much over the years that it needed to be replaced. So, with that, I bought this one, and it is not the same product.

The pump does not click when a sufficient vacuum has been pulled. It's cheap and wobbly. The two stoppers it came with are made of a rubbery black material. There is no "Vacu Vin" labeling on the pump. This appears to be some cheap knock off.
55 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 7, 2016
My wife loves red wine. I don't. We're also poor. This means that when we open a bottle, she's had to do one of two things.

1) Drink it all at once. This leaves my 90lb wife in a pile on the bathroom floor. No fun.
2) Leave it open. The cheap stuff we buy goes bad pretty darn fast. She either drinks the stale wine, or makes sangria.

This was a nice cheap vacuum that worked well and held a seal on a variety of sized bottles. My wife can enjoy a glass a day all week and not feel guilty about it going bad. I won't say that it's saved my marriage or anything like that, but it's nice little addition to our kitchen.
0Comment| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 29, 2018
Returned, don't recommend it.

What is pictured and what's actually being sold are two completely different products. I received a plastic bag (no box, no logos) with 2 rubber stoppers and a cheap plastic pump. The stoppers smelled strongly of rubber and couldn't hold a seal on a bottle. The pump doesn't provide enough vacuum and it doesn't make any clicks. Made in the Netherlands? Not really, there is no country of origin on any of the items.

My original review wasn't published, I imagine there are many other 1-star reviews that are being hidden.
on April 28, 2017
This is my second Wine Saver. I was introduced to them by my 80 year old neighbors! I used the first one so frequently, after 5 years the handle popped off. This is a great investment for good wine! A friend gave me this tip... if the stoppers don't seal anymore, soak them in warm water to clean them. Sometimes the holes will stick together from the wine.

I have a wine frig and store my bottles on their side. The stoppers have never leaked.
on January 22, 2018
I found this version to be adequate for what it is intended to do. You put the vacuum stopper on your wine bottle in place of the cork, then you pump out air through the one way air vent on the stopper. After the pump gives you enough resistance, you have removed a significant chunk of air from your wine bottle.

The problem is that the wine that is inside your bottle has already been exposed to a lot of air upon initial opening. Don't be fooled into thinking that you will have unlimited amounts of time to finish your bottle. I would say that your wine will have maybe an extra day or two tops before it starts to lose it's quality. I have definitely had wines where I have pumped the crap out of them and had them go completely bad about a week later.
on April 18, 2016
I bought this about 3.5 years ago for my husband and he's been using it ever since. It was the first vacuum pump he had ever tried with his wine bottles so we really didn't think much of it. It did what it was supposed to do and you can feel it working with each pump getting gradually harder as the air into bottle runs out. When it is completely vacuumed the pump makes a clicking noise to indicate that you are done. Easy-Peasy.

Well recently I bought my husband a new pump that came with 6 stoppers since sometimes we have parties and have more than two bottles left open and unfinished. The new one I got is a different brand entirely but I liked it because it had plenty of extra stoppers. Turns out this one is so much better!! The other one makes no indication of when you are done sucking out the air. The pumps don't get easier so the first pump feels the same as the 100th pump. When you pull the pump off the little stopper does seem to be secure but you can pull it out without pushing the air release button so it can't work that well. Anyhow, all this to say this Vacu Vin Wine Saver is the one to get. I will just buy some more little stoppers for the pump we already have and return the pump I just bought that was more money and didn't work.
on November 10, 2015
First of all...here is how the product works. Instructions are via picture illustrations only and are pretty straightforward. First you put the two piece rubber stopper in the bottle. Next you put the vacuum pump on the top of the stopper/bottle. You hand pump the bottle until you hear a very audible "click" when the vacuum is reached. Remove the hand-pump and wa-la, your wine is preserved! To release the vacuum you just simply push the little gray "spindle button" in the center of the stopper to the side and you can again access your wine. This product works EXACTLY as advertised and the vacuum kept as long as I needed it to (48 hours) and did not leak at all when I stored the bottle on it's side in the wine rack. The product is easy to clean and the stopper is dishwasher safe (but not the vacuum pump). However, I just pulled the gray and black pieces of the stopper apart and hand washed them. Easy peasy. Great quality product at a great price point. Would be an excellent gift for the wine lover you know.
on August 19, 2017
Works great, keeps the vacuum, does not take up too much room, needs no electricity and allows me to have one or two glasses of wine and keep the rest for another day.

I am very happy about the concept
I am very happy about the execution of this concept.
having 2 tops is very convenient.
on June 7, 2016
This pump creates an excellent seal and extends the life of opened wine to ~5-6 days for me. It works by removing oxygen which prevents wine from deteriorating into vinegar. As you pump, you know that enough air has been removed when it makes a clicking noise. After that, I can literally pick up a nearly full wine bottle by the rubber cork due to the suction (don't recommend this!). To remove the suction you just push the flexible rubber "nose" of the stopper to the side and you will hear the seal release. This is a no frills, simple way to extend the life of your opened wine. If you are looking for a fancy electric device to show-off to your wine connoisseur friends then I would look elsewhere.
on January 25, 2017
It works great sealing my wine and whiskey bottles. The directions advise not to lay the bottle, but my wine cooler doesn't have an upright section so I lay it and it has never leaked. I read a lot of articles that say these pumps do not make a difference. Whether it is psychological or fact, I did notice my wine remains more consistent and stable over a few days when using this pump vs traditional recorking. I figured using these stoppers wouldn't hurt with my whiskey, especially since it takes me longer to finish a bottle. The stoppers are easy to clean too. Just remove the top, rinse, air dry. I have yet to find a wine/whiskey bottle it does not fit but I have mostly traditional 750ml styles.