Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,429 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,689 reviews
on May 8, 2017
I own an "Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver". We've used it so much over the years that it needed to be replaced. So, with that, I bought this one, and it is not the same product.

The pump does not click when a sufficient vacuum has been pulled. It's cheap and wobbly. The two stoppers it came with are made of a rubbery black material. There is no "Vacu Vin" labeling on the pump. This appears to be some cheap knock off.
on July 7, 2016
My wife loves red wine. I don't. We're also poor. This means that when we open a bottle, she's had to do one of two things.

1) Drink it all at once. This leaves my 90lb wife in a pile on the bathroom floor. No fun.
2) Leave it open. The cheap stuff we buy goes bad pretty darn fast. She either drinks the stale wine, or makes sangria.

This was a nice cheap vacuum that worked well and held a seal on a variety of sized bottles. My wife can enjoy a glass a day all week and not feel guilty about it going bad. I won't say that it's saved my marriage or anything like that, but it's nice little addition to our kitchen.
on April 28, 2017
This is my second Wine Saver. I was introduced to them by my 80 year old neighbors! I used the first one so frequently, after 5 years the handle popped off. This is a great investment for good wine! A friend gave me this tip... if the stoppers don't seal anymore, soak them in warm water to clean them. Sometimes the holes will stick together from the wine.

I have a wine frig and store my bottles on their side. The stoppers have never leaked.
on October 10, 2016
I purchased these in 2012, and found they will definitely help me keep the unused wine a lot longer without trying to stopper the bottles with the cork the bottle came with. For an amateur wine enthusiast like myself this was a great help to allow the wine to be kept away from air that will flatten the flavors of the wine. It's not rocket science, just pump and listen for the 'pop', which tells you the vacuum is good inside the bottle. Lasts a while, too. Of course if you keep more than a bottle or two, have more than a glass or two of wine every so often, one should get two, three or more of these. I am reordering, most definitely and will recommend purchasing these to anyone who likes wine, cooks with wine, or.....? A no-brainer.
on March 10, 2016
I love wine, but not every day, and not a whole bottle at a time (like my ex). Living alone, I almost never open a bottle unless friends are over for dinner. But with this pump, I can, and it lets me salvage any leftover juice. On average, red wine has lasted me 2-3 more days than if I wasn't using the pump.

I noticed some folks were complaining about the lack of instructions. Guys, it's a pump. It takes out air. You put the stopper in the bottle, pump on top, and... pump out the air. When you hear a click, which is apparently a patented indicator held by Vacu Vin, you know you've reached "optimum vacuum level." Easy as taking a swig.

The stoppers are made of rubber and the pump is plastic. It feels cheap (expected for the price) but I've dropped it here and there and it stands up to my abuse.

I even use the Vacu Vin to keep other things fresh, like coffee. Suddenly, empty wine bottles have many more uses.
on May 22, 2017
It really works. My coworker told me about this and i was skeptical to get it since i had tried other devices rhat didnt work. I opened a bottle, used the vacu vin, put the bottle (white wine) in the fridge and forgot all about it... until 2 wks later. Hey, i have 2 kids and a dog and a husband. I'm busy. Went back to the bottle and it was like i had just opened it!! I am very pleased and use it all the time since I'm more of an intermittent wine drinker now. Definitely worth the buy.
on October 31, 2011
Works very well but directions are not useful. I went to utube to find a video demo which was helpful. Tips include wet the rubber stopper first before inserting in bottle. Then set the pump on top of the stopper and start pumping. It can take 10-15 pumps to get to the clicking sound. The more wine left in the bottle the less pumps.
0Comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2017
Not only do these work to remove air in the wine bottles but they also act as a cork replacement since our automatic corkscrew pierces the cork all the way though and when we place the wine in our tilted wine holder, wine will drip through the pierced cork. When we use the vacuum vin corks, wine does not drip though. Now it does say to store the bottle upright but we found that putting it on our wine holder that the wine is still preserved for a couple extra days and that it doesn't drip. So bonus both ways!!!
on March 31, 2017
Am I missing something here??? Just got mine tonight and tried to vacuum my opened bottle of red. Granted, it's only 1/3 full, so I expected to have to pump a little longer, but pumped for a full minute and still nothing. Meanwhile, my arm got an unexpected workout. I don't begrudge the exercise, but there was certainly no clicking anytime to be heard. Will give it one more try with another bottle tomorrow night, and if it's not working for me still, will have to return it.... argh.
on January 4, 2017
We bought 10 of these for holiday gifts after hubby saw them or heard about them online, and they seemed to be a hit with the recipients, as they appreciated having something to keep a bottle of wine fresh when it wasn't fully consumed.
We haven't personally tried them out yet, as we didn't order enough to cover everyone on our list, so we'll be reordering soon!