Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 8, 2017
I own an "Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver". We've used it so much over the years that it needed to be replaced. So, with that, I bought this one, and it is not the same product.

The pump does not click when a sufficient vacuum has been pulled. It's cheap and wobbly. The two stoppers it came with are made of a rubbery black material. There is no "Vacu Vin" labeling on the pump. This appears to be some cheap knock off.
67 helpful votes
68 helpful votes
55 comments|Report abuse
on November 9, 2017
I have a similar wine "vacuum" at home and love it. I ordered this for a second home, thinking I was purchasing the same one. It arrived and the top (handle) came off first try. I returned it - manufacturer was great about return/replacement. The second one did the same thing - I forced the handle back on and it works, but its a little more fragile than my original which I've had for a couple of years. When you pump, as it starts getting "tight" go VERY SLOWLY until you hear the clicks - or the top will fly off! Works well to keep wine "sealed" once you get the hang of it.
on November 1, 2017
I bought this on a whim. I usually try to put the original cork back in the bottle and often end up breaking the cork. This device not only vacuum seals the wine (allowing it to retain flavor), it also keeps the wine from dripping out when I lay the bottles on their sides. Being inexpensive and easy to use, this product makes an idea gift for someone who enjoys wine.I plan to purchase a couple more vacuum sealers in the near future.
on November 15, 2017
I do enjoy wine but do not drink it as often as others. Therefore, being able to preserve the contents of the bottle after enjoying one glass is wonderful ... and it saves money by not having to toss the wine so quickly. The wine saver is easy to use by pulling the plunger up to form the vacuum. Just wait til you hear the click and you're done! The stoppers are easy to remove when you're ready for the next glass.
on October 27, 2017
I like these corks and the idea I can reduce the air inside of the wine bottle. But, They don't seem to hold the vacuum. I would still recommend this product to others because they do look nice when the bottles are lined up on my bar shelf. Thank you, BOB
on November 5, 2017
Doesn't seem to work. I can't get this thing to work. I've watched videos and I can't hear a click. It leaks a little if the bottle is on its side and doesn't keep the wine fresh or sealed any longer than if I just put the cork back in.
on March 29, 2017
My first one lasted many years. I ordered this as a replacement. It has saved many bottles of wine from going bad.
2 helpful votes
on March 31, 2017
My step mom had these and I was soo pleased with hers I bought a set and we have eventually collected more stoppers because we are quite the wine drinkers in my house. They keep the fizz and your drinks from going sour. I have always been really happy with these.
on March 13, 2017
I work in a wine store, this product seems to let more air in, then out Don't buy
2 helpful votes
on September 29, 2017
Has fit every wine bottle I've used it on, easy to use: pop in the plug, put the vacuum over it, pump air out and you're done. I drink wine every other night and now my wine doesn't taste like vinegar two days later. Yeay!