Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,373 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,630 reviews
on March 31, 2017
Am I missing something here??? Just got mine tonight and tried to vacuum my opened bottle of red. Granted, it's only 1/3 full, so I expected to have to pump a little longer, but pumped for a full minute and still nothing. Meanwhile, my arm got an unexpected workout. I don't begrudge the exercise, but there was certainly no clicking anytime to be heard. Will give it one more try with another bottle tomorrow night, and if it's not working for me still, will have to return it.... argh.
on May 8, 2017
I own an "Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver". We've used it so much over the years that it needed to be replaced. So, with that, I bought this one, and it is not the same product.

The pump does not click when a sufficient vacuum has been pulled. It's cheap and wobbly. The two stoppers it came with are made of a rubbery black material. There is no "Vacu Vin" labeling on the pump. This appears to be some cheap knock off.
on July 7, 2016
My wife loves red wine. I don't. We're also poor. This means that when we open a bottle, she's had to do one of two things.

1) Drink it all at once. This leaves my 90lb wife in a pile on the bathroom floor. No fun.
2) Leave it open. The cheap stuff we buy goes bad pretty darn fast. She either drinks the stale wine, or makes sangria.

This was a nice cheap vacuum that worked well and held a seal on a variety of sized bottles. My wife can enjoy a glass a day all week and not feel guilty about it going bad. I won't say that it's saved my marriage or anything like that, but it's nice little addition to our kitchen.
on April 28, 2017
This is my second Wine Saver. I was introduced to them by my 80 year old neighbors! I used the first one so frequently, after 5 years the handle popped off. This is a great investment for good wine! A friend gave me this tip... if the stoppers don't seal anymore, soak them in warm water to clean them. Sometimes the holes will stick together from the wine.

I have a wine frig and store my bottles on their side. The stoppers have never leaked.
on May 22, 2017
It really works. My coworker told me about this and i was skeptical to get it since i had tried other devices rhat didnt work. I opened a bottle, used the vacu vin, put the bottle (white wine) in the fridge and forgot all about it... until 2 wks later. Hey, i have 2 kids and a dog and a husband. I'm busy. Went back to the bottle and it was like i had just opened it!! I am very pleased and use it all the time since I'm more of an intermittent wine drinker now. Definitely worth the buy.
on October 31, 2011
Works very well but directions are not useful. I went to utube to find a video demo which was helpful. Tips include wet the rubber stopper first before inserting in bottle. Then set the pump on top of the stopper and start pumping. It can take 10-15 pumps to get to the clicking sound. The more wine left in the bottle the less pumps.
0Comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2016
I love wine, but not every day, and not a whole bottle at a time (like my ex). Living alone, I almost never open a bottle unless friends are over for dinner. But with this pump, I can, and it lets me salvage any leftover juice. On average, red wine has lasted me 2-3 more days than if I wasn't using the pump.

I noticed some folks were complaining about the lack of instructions. Guys, it's a pump. It takes out air. You put the stopper in the bottle, pump on top, and... pump out the air. When you hear a click, which is apparently a patented indicator held by Vacu Vin, you know you've reached "optimum vacuum level." Easy as taking a swig.

The stoppers are made of rubber and the pump is plastic. It feels cheap (expected for the price) but I've dropped it here and there and it stands up to my abuse.

I even use the Vacu Vin to keep other things fresh, like coffee. Suddenly, empty wine bottles have many more uses.
on January 4, 2017
We bought 10 of these for holiday gifts after hubby saw them or heard about them online, and they seemed to be a hit with the recipients, as they appreciated having something to keep a bottle of wine fresh when it wasn't fully consumed.
We haven't personally tried them out yet, as we didn't order enough to cover everyone on our list, so we'll be reordering soon!
on April 18, 2016
I bought this about 3.5 years ago for my husband and he's been using it ever since. It was the first vacuum pump he had ever tried with his wine bottles so we really didn't think much of it. It did what it was supposed to do and you can feel it working with each pump getting gradually harder as the air into bottle runs out. When it is completely vacuumed the pump makes a clicking noise to indicate that you are done. Easy-Peasy.

Well recently I bought my husband a new pump that came with 6 stoppers since sometimes we have parties and have more than two bottles left open and unfinished. The new one I got is a different brand entirely but I liked it because it had plenty of extra stoppers. Turns out this one is so much better!! The other one makes no indication of when you are done sucking out the air. The pumps don't get easier so the first pump feels the same as the 100th pump. When you pull the pump off the little stopper does seem to be secure but you can pull it out without pushing the air release button so it can't work that well. Anyhow, all this to say this Vacu Vin Wine Saver is the one to get. I will just buy some more little stoppers for the pump we already have and return the pump I just bought that was more money and didn't work.
on December 29, 2016
a brilliant idea. simple to operate. makes a great gift. I suppose the metal clad ones look more impressive, but who see's it anyway? before purchasing this device we stored left over half bottles of wine in the fridge and it still tasted fine to us a week or more later (but we are not oenophiles!). so it is not essential, but for the low price why not use it and extend the open bottle shelf life?

makes a distinctive click when full vacuum is achieved so you know when to stop pumping. I used a different model at a relative's house and it did not have an audible indicator.

makes a more reliable seal (compared to reinserting a cork) which can avoid a mess if you have to store an opened bottle horizontally in the fridge.

have probably used about 30 times in the past year . just purchased a second one and some extra stoppers for our vacation home.