BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 13, 2015
Ordered this product with great excitement, only to be slowly let down each and every step of the way.

First off, the package arrived dented to hell like it's been on the clearance rack for way too long. When we opened the package, all the contents were everywhere inside the box (not a huge surprise knowing the condition of the packaging). But so what, who cares about the box, you throw it away right?

Well, that's when we decided to give it a try. It took about 15 minutes to get our first suction done correctly on a wine bottle after reading the instructions and even watching a video on YouTube (I swear we aren't idiots). When we got it to work, it was pretty exciting! We thought, "oh, maybe it was this first time that took so long... learners curve".... nope. These things just are impossible to get suctioned on each and every time, in a quick and easy manner.

Turns out, the type of wine bottle was throwing us for loops. On certain wine bottles we were able to achieve suction instantly, didn't take many pumps at all. But on other wine bottles.... there was just no way in hell these things were staying on. Not sure if we got a bad batch of sealer thingys or what, but this little wine sealer is now sitting in our bar's cabinet collecting dust.

Just drink the whole bottle and save yourself the headache!
on March 14, 2017
Maybe I've been spoiled buying so many things from Amazon. This may be my worst Amazon purchase ever. I ordered two pumps, each with four stoppers from the Amazon Warehouse. The battered boxes were expected, but two stoppers missing from one package were not expected. A far greater concern is that not one of the six stoppers worked and all six appear to be counterfeit. They are roughly formed and do not have the Vacu Vin logo on them. I tried the pump with an old style stopper and it works just fine, but the new style stoppers do not work at all.
on July 27, 2014
1, Reason why I chose :
I've tried several different bottle caps to keep the left over wine fresh. Finally, sommelier friend told me to give a try on this.

2, Like & Dislike :
Well, at the very beginning, how long do you think is a fair period of life time for a $2 rubber cap? One year or 3 years?
Before I bought this, I was told that a cap is made our of rubber and it's a consumable goods, so it will not function at some point, that is depending on how frequently I use or how long the cap is with air pressure. So, I understood that and bought it.
I first purchased the 4 bottle cap set. We drink half of the bottle (2 glasses) almost daily. So the piece gets set on the bottle every other day. Just to see how it works, I was counting how often and long it was used.
One cap was used for a little over 90 times, it started becoming weak. Then it was leaking and died. $2 cap was used over times and last for about 6 month.
I thought this wasn't bad at all. Compare to other air sealed caps I've tried in the past, it is well worth the price.
At least, while the cap was in operable condition, we were enjoying great many bottles of wines in same great taste.
After 6 month of purchase, I knew this thing would keep the left over wine fresh for at least few days, so I was no longer worried to open several wines at the dinner especially when we were invite friends.

For our usage, this would keep the wine quality great for 2 to 3 days. It is deepening on wines, but that's our average. So, I try not use this for more than 3 days.

Pumping device has been working for over 500 bottles without any problems. Top handle shaped kind of stylish. So, I've been careful to hold the handle as I pump, especially toward the end of pump when there is less air to pump out. I should say this is made pretty durable.

This may effect manufacture's marketing tactics, but they could be honest and indicate average life of rubber cap. So, buyers are aware of how long they could use in good working condition.

3, Recommend this product to :
Anyone from professionals to home users.
on November 28, 2015
Pro: seller provided quick response and replacement. Con: Item received not genuine Vacu Vin.
Ordered item and try to use it to preserve unfinished wine. Pumped many times and stopper does not seal, tried all 3 stoppers (should have 4 per the order but missing one when item arrived and box is torned.) with no luck. Contacted seller for the missing stopper and received a replacement with 2 stoppers and a new pump. The replacement is a genuine Vacu Vin and works as advertised. Only needed 6-7 pumps to have the stopper sealed nicely and hear the clicking sound with the wine bottle half full. See pics. Left side item in both pics (the stopper and pump) is non-genuine. Genuine stopper has Vac Vin logo stamped in the rubber seal, and the seal edge is smooth and not ragged (peel the stopper open(the grey color half and the black color half to see the logo). Genuine pump's inner bottom has a small hole to suck out air, non-genuine one does not have a hole. Give seller 3 stars because seller redeemed by resending a genuine pump and stopper and provided quick response when a complaint is received. Please check item when received.
review image review image
Enthusiast: Campingon October 12, 2015
Not sure if mines defective or not, but the air doesn't seem to pump out of the bottle well. Never heard a click and not generating a lot of vacuum. The top doesn't fit well on two wine bottles I tried. I think seller sold me a returned item as condition of vacu vin box was not in good condition. 2 stars for now, will disassemble the stoppers to see if any built up gunk in these as its not working for me.

update: tried all 4 stoppers on a 3rd bottle of wine, not only did it not suck air out, the stoppers just dont fit the bottle well. not a very good engineered product.
on May 16, 2014
Too often I'd open a nice bottle of wine, drink a couple of glasses and then "re-cork" it until the next day only to find it had lost its good aroma and flavor. Vacu Vin allows me to keep that opened bottle of wine for as long as a week before the taste starts to go south. My girlfriend liked it so much that she asked me to buy one for her. I purchased the same product (again from Amazon) only to find that it had both defective stoppers (they wouldn't hold a vacuum seal) AND a defective hand pump (it wouldn't "click" when a vacuum had been achieved). We compared the "new" product in detail with my original and it appeared that the product had several little details that suggested it had been manufactured at a different facility than our original. Amazon replaced the product and the replacement is identical to our original and works great! I've no idea where our 2nd purchase came from but hopefully our experience will serve to alert buyers to the possibility that not all products with this name are "genuine".
on January 11, 2017
Some of the vacuvins are fake. I bought 2 and gave one to our parents which never worked and found the stoppers had already hardened and wouldn't seal. On closer inspection we found out the stoppers didn't have "vacuvin" written on them unlike the other set we had and had very obvious extrusion marks that interfered with how well the tops of the stoppers sealed.
on November 11, 2015
If you need wine stoppers, search E-Bay for the older designed stoppers. These, simply, do not work. The diameter of the stopper is too narrow and the "ribs" that adhere to the interior of the bottle have been reduced from 3, (older design) to 1, (newer design).
Adding insult to injury, Amazon sent me 3 stoppers, when it was advertised that I was getting 4......OOPS!
on November 27, 2013
The Vacu Vin Concerto 5-Piece Wine Saver Set with 4 Stoppers is a great option for preserving open bottles of wine. Placing the rubber stopper into the bottle neck, you place the pump over the stopper and remove the air (and wine-spoiling oxygen) from the bottle by pulling up on the pump handle rapidly. A check valve in the stopper keeps the vacuum seal tight and the stopper remains firmly in place. With four stoppers, you can preserve four bottles of wine at the end of a small party. The only modification I would prefer on the unit would be a pump design that draws the air out by pushing down on the handle, rather than pulling up on it. Other than that, it's great.
on March 1, 2015
I purchased this set because you can buy additional stoppers. However, I have been unable to get the stoppers to hold a vacuum. I've tried 3 so far and don't know what can be done to get them to hold a vacuum.

It just doesn't work.

UPDATE: Nov 24, 2015

I changed my rating from 1 to 5 stars for the following reason:

A representative from Vacu Vin contacted me and explained that some Vacu Vin knock-offs got into the market place and that I had not received a real Vacu Vin product. She asked if she could send me the real product.

I received the real product and the difference is night and day. The product holds the vacuum and it does not take but a few pumps to get the air out of the bottle. It holds the vacuum very well and the service of the company is impressive.