Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 782 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 842 reviews
on July 27, 2014
1, Reason why I chose :
I've tried several different bottle caps to keep the left over wine fresh. Finally, sommelier friend told me to give a try on this.

2, Like & Dislike :
Well, at the very beginning, how long do you think is a fair period of life time for a $2 rubber cap? One year or 3 years?
Before I bought this, I was told that a cap is made our of rubber and it's a consumable goods, so it will not function at some point, that is depending on how frequently I use or how long the cap is with air pressure. So, I understood that and bought it.
I first purchased the 4 bottle cap set. We drink half of the bottle (2 glasses) almost daily. So the piece gets set on the bottle every other day. Just to see how it works, I was counting how often and long it was used.
One cap was used for a little over 90 times, it started becoming weak. Then it was leaking and died. $2 cap was used over times and last for about 6 month.
I thought this wasn't bad at all. Compare to other air sealed caps I've tried in the past, it is well worth the price.
At least, while the cap was in operable condition, we were enjoying great many bottles of wines in same great taste.
After 6 month of purchase, I knew this thing would keep the left over wine fresh for at least few days, so I was no longer worried to open several wines at the dinner especially when we were invite friends.

For our usage, this would keep the wine quality great for 2 to 3 days. It is deepening on wines, but that's our average. So, I try not use this for more than 3 days.

Pumping device has been working for over 500 bottles without any problems. Top handle shaped kind of stylish. So, I've been careful to hold the handle as I pump, especially toward the end of pump when there is less air to pump out. I should say this is made pretty durable.

This may effect manufacture's marketing tactics, but they could be honest and indicate average life of rubber cap. So, buyers are aware of how long they could use in good working condition.

3, Recommend this product to :
Anyone from professionals to home users.
on November 28, 2015
Pro: seller provided quick response and replacement. Con: Item received not genuine Vacu Vin.
Ordered item and try to use it to preserve unfinished wine. Pumped many times and stopper does not seal, tried all 3 stoppers (should have 4 per the order but missing one when item arrived and box is torned.) with no luck. Contacted seller for the missing stopper and received a replacement with 2 stoppers and a new pump. The replacement is a genuine Vacu Vin and works as advertised. Only needed 6-7 pumps to have the stopper sealed nicely and hear the clicking sound with the wine bottle half full. See pics. Left side item in both pics (the stopper and pump) is non-genuine. Genuine stopper has Vac Vin logo stamped in the rubber seal, and the seal edge is smooth and not ragged (peel the stopper open(the grey color half and the black color half to see the logo). Genuine pump's inner bottom has a small hole to suck out air, non-genuine one does not have a hole. Give seller 3 stars because seller redeemed by resending a genuine pump and stopper and provided quick response when a complaint is received. Please check item when received.
review image review image
on March 14, 2017
Maybe I've been spoiled buying so many things from Amazon. This may be my worst Amazon purchase ever. I ordered two pumps, each with four stoppers from the Amazon Warehouse. The battered boxes were expected, but two stoppers missing from one package were not expected. A far greater concern is that not one of the six stoppers worked and all six appear to be counterfeit. They are roughly formed and do not have the Vacu Vin logo on them. I tried the pump with an old style stopper and it works just fine, but the new style stoppers do not work at all.
on October 12, 2015
Not sure if mines defective or not, but the air doesn't seem to pump out of the bottle well. Never heard a click and not generating a lot of vacuum. The top doesn't fit well on two wine bottles I tried. I think seller sold me a returned item as condition of vacu vin box was not in good condition. 2 stars for now, will disassemble the stoppers to see if any built up gunk in these as its not working for me.

update: tried all 4 stoppers on a 3rd bottle of wine, not only did it not suck air out, the stoppers just dont fit the bottle well. not a very good engineered product.
on August 4, 2015
This thing works great! No more trying to "re-cork" an open bottle of wine. I didn't really understand the "Listen for the Click". It's a very light "clicking" sound... I think... I've suffered a bit of hearing loss over the years... it might be a loud "clicking" sound; but once I figured it out, it makes a good vacuum seal as evidenced when you release the vacuum and hear air re-entering the bottle.
The "Vacu Vin Wine Saver" came in great shape and on time.
Very happy with the purchase.
on November 11, 2015
If you need wine stoppers, search E-Bay for the older designed stoppers. These, simply, do not work. The diameter of the stopper is too narrow and the "ribs" that adhere to the interior of the bottle have been reduced from 3, (older design) to 1, (newer design).
Adding insult to injury, Amazon sent me 3 stoppers, when it was advertised that I was getting 4......OOPS!
on January 11, 2017
Some of the vacuvins are fake. I bought 2 and gave one to our parents which never worked and found the stoppers had already hardened and wouldn't seal. On closer inspection we found out the stoppers didn't have "vacuvin" written on them unlike the other set we had and had very obvious extrusion marks that interfered with how well the tops of the stoppers sealed.
on November 18, 2015
This wine pump works ok. Sometimes it doesn't seem to seal very well and, occupationally, it doesn't seem to seal at all. I am glad that it came with 4 corks, as sometimes there are multiple bottles open that we want to prolong as long as possible. For a cheap wine pump, it is ok, but if you buy more expensive wines, you might want to look somewhere else.
on May 4, 2014
I have used the product for two months on six-seven bottles. Using the pump, there is no problem keeping the bottle open for a week. Any longer I cannot wait. I am also happy with the build quality. The rubber stoppers are very simple and are not likely to break. The same seems to be the case with the pump.

If the product will fail in the next two years, I promise to update the review and went my anger.
on May 13, 2016
Over a year later and we still use this on every bottle. It extends the wine life by at least a few days, maybe longer if you only poured a single glass out of it. It's quick and easy to use.

Of course, since this uses suction, it won't work on champagne or carbonated drinks.