Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Vacu Vin Pineapple Easy Slicer, set of 3 blade sizes.
|Price:||$21.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Peels, cores, and slices fresh pineapple in 30 seconds
- Corkscrew-like tool removes flesh in perfectly shaped rings
- Three blades cover all sizes of pineapples
- Shell remains intact for use as dessert or drink bowl
- Winner of several international design awards
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
BUT it totally mangled the fruit! In retrospect I might have anticipated this, for the following reasons:
1. The cutters all are plastic, and using them to cut a fibrous fruit--and the even more fibrous core--is similar to using a plastic knife in lieu of a real steak knife: It can be done, but it's an effort.
2. Yes, I tried each of the cutters. All had the same sized core-removal portion, which is way too small for the pineapples I buy here; only the outer diameter on each of the cutters varies.
3. Not only does this gadget assume that the core will be relatively small, it assumes that it will be VERY straight and very centered--a mistake, for the core often is slightly off-center and often widens near the base.
After ten minutes, I gave up on this gadget and did what I normally do: Got out two cutting boards (one for the cored wedges, one for the original fruit, then used my trusty 20 cm (8 inch) Wusthof Trident serrated bread knife in the following steps.
1. Cut off the prickly top of the pineapple with a margin of 1/2 to one inches
2. Cut a slice off the bottom, with about the same margin. These two cuts give you a nice flat end, top and bottom.
3. Cut the pineapple first into quarters, then into eighths
4. Remove the core from each wedge (easily visible from the side) by standing it on end and slicing it top to bottom
5.Read more ›
In less than one minute, I can peel, core, slice and serve fresh pineapple rings, with very little mess to clean up afterwards. Even better, the shell remains intact for use as a fancy serving bowl along with the watermelon bowl! We are having fresh pineapple more often, and the memories of the Hawaii trip are discussed each and every time the perfect pineapple is served.
With three different blade singes, almost all pineapple sizes are covered. A great little gadget for the price!
I bought what I had hoped was a ripe pineapple at my local grocer and brought it home. Although it didn't look very confusing I was surprised that it contained very little instruction. Just a few small pictures on the box, but here is how it works:
1. Cut off the top of the pineapple. (I cut significantly less than what the picture showed - it seemed like that would waste too much.)
2. Decide on the size blade you need. (The suggest going by weight, but I chose based on the width of the pineapple.)
3. Take slicer and start twisting down into the pineapple. (It's the same motion you would use turning on an outside faucet.)
4. Once you reach the base of the pineapple, pull up to remove the fruit.
What I ended up with was some beautifully ripe, juicy pineapple and if you just cut straight down into the layer you will have pineapple rings. For me there was very little waste and it took less than 3-4 minutes to do it. That night we added the juice to some chicken marinade and then grilled the pineapple. What a difference FRESH pineapple makes!! I also like that the pineapple shell can be used for display (or even better by serving pina coladas in it). I added a picture so that you can see a little bit of what to expect.
The shells make great party decorations!
This is great!!!
Plus, you don't lose all that yummy pineapple juice on your cutting board. When the pineapple is removed, the extra juice remains inside and you can enjoy a small cup of fresh pineapple juice in addition to the perfectly cut pineapple rings.
I would highly recommend this product. I use it frequently, and with the time I've saved, it's easily been worth the modest price.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This has been a real handy tool. We like pineapple a lot, and this makes quick work of coring a pineapple. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Leonard
We eat a lot of pineapple. The different sizes blades are perfect.so no pineapple goes to waste. The handle is sturdy and easy to use.Published 6 months ago by Junae T
Would not cut through the fruit. It is all plastic. I did not have the strength to push it and turn. About half way I tried to back out and it shredded the fruit. It was a mess!Published 6 months ago by Tree Hugger
Great buy, received the item quickly. Great quality product. Thank youPublished 7 months ago by Vy Nguyen
Had it a few months and it is holding up very well. We use it quite often. I love that it also has a dicing blade. High quality at a great price.Published 11 months ago by Abby in Texas