Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 5, 2018
Yes, this pump seems to work quite well at releasing air from wine bottles. Goody.

But it takes a good deal of body strength , to generate the "click" that means air has been released. For a person with ordinary upper body strength, this should be no problem at all. But have you ever wished your kitchen counter was not quite so high?

Well then, Amazon-user, you're short. And unless you plan to use this vacuum pump on a low surface, you'll have your elbows extended outward, like a bird. But at shoulder level or even above-shoulder. And then you'll be pumping downward forcefully, at a small focal point in the middle of your chest. Get the picture?

I don't think this would pose any problem if your arms were not so high up in a weird position. And if the focal point where you're pumping were not so small. Hey, couldn't there be a warning: "Careful, Short People"?

I wish I had looked for a lower surface to use this vacuum pump. Maybe drunk a little less wine? Ouch!
on April 23, 2018
I originally bought a Vacu Vin about 20 years ago, and it finally needed replacing when the plastic lining for the pump wore out. If I had a dollar for each bottle of wine that old pump had preserved over the years, I could buy a very expensive meal and a good bottle of wine to go with it.

So what else to do but by a new one. This is a bit of an upgrade from the original: it's now metal and plastic construction, and makes a ticking sound to alert you that the wine is properly sealed.
on June 24, 2015
Using this device doesn't increase the amount of time before red wine gets sour. Without it, just reinserting the cork (which hasn't been pierced all the way through by the corkscrew), in my climate, I get 24-48 hours before my red wine turns. I was hoping to get at least 3-4 days using this product. I still get 24-48 hours. I know I'm getting a good seal, because I hear the "clicks" that the instructions say to listen for, and I hear a long hiss when unstopping the bottle any time I unstop it. Very disappointed.
3 people found this helpful
on July 28, 2016
Very cool product. If you ever want to save an open bottle of wine without worry about the taste changing over a few days, then this product is the solution. I applied the vacuum and the plug to a bottle of wine I didn't finish. 5 days later, I go to remove the plug and the noise it makes (the suction noise) just lets you know that all the air was removed from the bottle. Wine tasted just like it did when I first uncorked it.
on January 4, 2011
I'm in agreement with the overwhelming positive Amazon customer reviews of the Vacu Vin, which I'll add to by saying that of the four wine savers I've tried thus far, the stainless steel Vacu Vin has worked the best for me. I've only tried one electric wine saver (Brookstone's Automatic Wine Preserver), which broke within a few uses and never worked right in that short period of time anyway. Like the other two manual wine preservers I've used, the Vacu Vin is essentially an air suction pump, which when you place on the top of the bottle and pull up on the handle, removes the air from the inside of the bottle, thus extending the drinking life of the wine inside. Compared with the other two I've used, the Vacu Vin requires much less effort to pump the air out, and has a much better connection between the pump and rubber stopper. Also, a clicking sound tells you when the optimum vacuum level is reached and exactly when to stop pumping the air out. The Vacu Vin also comes with two plastic pouring spouts, which allow you to pour without spilling a drop, but I don't use them because they seem so sharp that you risk cutting yourself trying to insert them in the bottle. They also don't seem very easy to insert, which is what makes it more dangerous. So, maybe subtract half a star for that.
2 people found this helpful
on March 12, 2013
I'm kind of tired of the jokes like "Gee, I never have any wine left after I open a bottle." Well, I don't want a whole bottle each time I open one, and I don't want it stale the next time I go to it. This is the 3rd type of Wine saver I have owned and will never buy another brand. It is nearly effortless compared to the others that I had to pump and pump forever to vacuum the air out of the bottle. I will never buy a different one after this one. The price is worth it in the long run since the others break fairly easily (one after using it on only two bottles). I've never used the spouts that came with it. It would have been much better if they packaged two more stoppers instead of the spouts. However, it's a great product.
2 people found this helpful
on October 22, 2013
We have been buying the magnum bottles of wine for sometime and a day after opening the wine becomes sharp and changes it's taste considerably. This product has been working well for some time and pumping the air out of a magnum bottle with two glasses left takes a while. About 15 pumps, however it works well and keeps the wine fresh for 3-days in a wine cooler. Using normal sized wine bottles the pump is excellent, only a few pumps creates the vacumn needed to keep the wine fresh for two days. We store the wine on it's side in a wine cooler and have never had a leak using the well designed suction cap. The pour spout also works well, no more red wine spots all over the kitchen counters.
on June 28, 2013
It's a rarity that a bottle of wine is opened in my house and not finished, but from time to time I'll find a need for this wine saver. It works fantastically well, the stoppers are easy to clean and I've never had an issue with it. Magnums don't fit well standing up in my fridge, so I will often cap them and lay them down and I have never had an issue. I have used this with bottles of (cheap) sake and kept them fresh for weeks without any problems.

UPDATE: It's been a couple years since I bought this and since then it has become my go-to gift for things like grab bag's, stocking stuffers and children's birthday gifts. I've also noticed that all of Long Island's vineyards are using these to keep their bottles sealed.
on September 25, 2015
I bought this for my parents, who know nothing about wine or taking care of wine. With them being novices, they did not want to open bottles of wine because they never finished them. I bought them this Vacu Vin Wine Saver Pump and they loved it! I showed them how to use it. It came with 2 Vacuum Stoppers, which my parents loved, so they didn't have to buy anything extra. That was their favorite feature! It works perfectly and has maintained its' integrity! I think I'll be buying one for myself in the near future! I also love the sleek design!
3 people found this helpful
on March 19, 2018
This is my third purchase and this one is the best! I love the stainless steel and the click function is the best! I like that it also came with the pour spouts because I always dribble when I pour and I'm certain at my age, I always will, lol.