Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 24, 2015
Using this device doesn't increase the amount of time before red wine gets sour. Without it, just reinserting the cork (which hasn't been pierced all the way through by the corkscrew), in my climate, I get 24-48 hours before my red wine turns. I was hoping to get at least 3-4 days using this product. I still get 24-48 hours. I know I'm getting a good seal, because I hear the "clicks" that the instructions say to listen for, and I hear a long hiss when unstopping the bottle any time I unstop it. Very disappointed.
on July 28, 2016
Very cool product. If you ever want to save an open bottle of wine without worry about the taste changing over a few days, then this product is the solution. I applied the vacuum and the plug to a bottle of wine I didn't finish. 5 days later, I go to remove the plug and the noise it makes (the suction noise) just lets you know that all the air was removed from the bottle. Wine tasted just like it did when I first uncorked it.
on April 23, 2018
I originally bought a Vacu Vin about 20 years ago, and it finally needed replacing when the plastic lining for the pump wore out. If I had a dollar for each bottle of wine that old pump had preserved over the years, I could buy a very expensive meal and a good bottle of wine to go with it.

So what else to do but by a new one. This is a bit of an upgrade from the original: it's now metal and plastic construction, and makes a ticking sound to alert you that the wine is properly sealed.
on October 22, 2013
We have been buying the magnum bottles of wine for sometime and a day after opening the wine becomes sharp and changes it's taste considerably. This product has been working well for some time and pumping the air out of a magnum bottle with two glasses left takes a while. About 15 pumps, however it works well and keeps the wine fresh for 3-days in a wine cooler. Using normal sized wine bottles the pump is excellent, only a few pumps creates the vacumn needed to keep the wine fresh for two days. We store the wine on it's side in a wine cooler and have never had a leak using the well designed suction cap. The pour spout also works well, no more red wine spots all over the kitchen counters.
on March 12, 2013
I'm kind of tired of the jokes like "Gee, I never have any wine left after I open a bottle." Well, I don't want a whole bottle each time I open one, and I don't want it stale the next time I go to it. This is the 3rd type of Wine saver I have owned and will never buy another brand. It is nearly effortless compared to the others that I had to pump and pump forever to vacuum the air out of the bottle. I will never buy a different one after this one. The price is worth it in the long run since the others break fairly easily (one after using it on only two bottles). I've never used the spouts that came with it. It would have been much better if they packaged two more stoppers instead of the spouts. However, it's a great product.
on September 25, 2015
I bought this for my parents, who know nothing about wine or taking care of wine. With them being novices, they did not want to open bottles of wine because they never finished them. I bought them this Vacu Vin Wine Saver Pump and they loved it! I showed them how to use it. It came with 2 Vacuum Stoppers, which my parents loved, so they didn't have to buy anything extra. That was their favorite feature! It works perfectly and has maintained its' integrity! I think I'll be buying one for myself in the near future! I also love the sleek design!
on March 19, 2018
This is my third purchase and this one is the best! I love the stainless steel and the click function is the best! I like that it also came with the pour spouts because I always dribble when I pour and I'm certain at my age, I always will, lol.
on December 10, 2011
The way this thing work is to pump out the air in the open bottle and minimize the wine oxydation process - there by preserving the freshness of the wine.

It works as design, whether there is scientific evidence or not, I don't know.

I have used this on about 4 bottles of wine now, it seems support what the advertisement says. After about 5 days, the wine (both red and white) still drinkable. Before I started to use this, after 3 days, my wine would became my cooking wines.

I usually finish a bottle within 5-6 days, I would definitely use it because it seems work for me. I did not give a 5 star rating because the pump only go to a certain point and started to not pumping out any air (you can hear the cliking sound when you pump). I think it would work better if more air can be pump out.
on May 7, 2017
Bought as a present for my parents. It recently broke--- but lasted I think 4 or 5 years, and given their drinking habits, that closed lots of bottles! Still, would be nice if it hadn't broke :-(
on March 21, 2018
Works great! Seals well. I read reviews of the vacuum systems vs. other more expensive & tedious methods (inert gas, displacement floats, special decanters, etc.), and to my surprise, the vacuum versions worked among the best, if not the best overall. Of course, if you go with a vacuum capper, you gotta go with Vacu Vin! Just sayin.