Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments

Showing 1-10 of 318 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 352 reviews
on September 25, 2015
I bought this for my parents, who know nothing about wine or taking care of wine. With them being novices, they did not want to open bottles of wine because they never finished them. I bought them this Vacu Vin Wine Saver Pump and they loved it! I showed them how to use it. It came with 2 Vacuum Stoppers, which my parents loved, so they didn't have to buy anything extra. That was their favorite feature! It works perfectly and has maintained its' integrity! I think I'll be buying one for myself in the near future! I also love the sleek design!
on May 7, 2017
Bought as a present for my parents. It recently broke--- but lasted I think 4 or 5 years, and given their drinking habits, that closed lots of bottles! Still, would be nice if it hadn't broke :-(
on July 28, 2016
Very cool product. If you ever want to save an open bottle of wine without worry about the taste changing over a few days, then this product is the solution. I applied the vacuum and the plug to a bottle of wine I didn't finish. 5 days later, I go to remove the plug and the noise it makes (the suction noise) just lets you know that all the air was removed from the bottle. Wine tasted just like it did when I first uncorked it.
on January 4, 2011
I'm in agreement with the overwhelming positive Amazon customer reviews of the Vacu Vin, which I'll add to by saying that of the four wine savers I've tried thus far, the stainless steel Vacu Vin has worked the best for me. I've only tried one electric wine saver (Brookstone's Automatic Wine Preserver), which broke within a few uses and never worked right in that short period of time anyway. Like the other two manual wine preservers I've used, the Vacu Vin is essentially an air suction pump, which when you place on the top of the bottle and pull up on the handle, removes the air from the inside of the bottle, thus extending the drinking life of the wine inside. Compared with the other two I've used, the Vacu Vin requires much less effort to pump the air out, and has a much better connection between the pump and rubber stopper. Also, a clicking sound tells you when the optimum vacuum level is reached and exactly when to stop pumping the air out. The Vacu Vin also comes with two plastic pouring spouts, which allow you to pour without spilling a drop, but I don't use them because they seem so sharp that you risk cutting yourself trying to insert them in the bottle. They also don't seem very easy to insert, which is what makes it more dangerous. So, maybe subtract half a star for that.
on January 18, 2016
This thing really works. I've left a bottle out for about 10 days, opening it for a glass here and there, and resealing with this pump, and the wine tastes just the same as the first pour.
on March 8, 2011
I actually wondered if we would need this tool since we rarely ever have left over wine but...........it's nice to be able to open 2 or 3 different bottles at a time to have your own tasting or to share with friends and then not worry if it will be stale by the next day if you don't finish it all.

This product was easy to use. You insert the stopper, put the pump on top of it and pump it until you hear it click. To remove the stopper, you bend the little nipple on the stopper to the side and the vacuum is released. It doesn't get any easier than that.

I have laid bottles on their side with the stoppers in place without any leakage at all. The stoppers are easy to clean too.

If you've had to drink stale wine in the past for any reason you need this Vacu Vin pump. The stainless steel is a nice touch and the price is right. The Vacu Vin kit goes well with the Oster Electric Bottle Opener (which is a must if you enjoy a lot of wine or have problems with any other type of bottle opener).

I was skeptical at first about the 2 pourer's (sp?) that came with this kit due to inexperience with anything like this. The design seemed flawed and when I opened the package, I assumed they were broken. That's certainly not the case. They deliberately have a split neck design so they can fit virtually any sized bottle opening. Function is something we have have all learned to compromise for form these days. These things function as if there were no other reason for their existence. I was amazed at the simplicity at which they work. Not a single drip occurs after you finish the pour. As a matter of fact, instead of dripping on your fancy table cloth or someones lap, it goes back into the bottle, so the function is two-fold. No mess, and no waste!

I highly recommend this Vacu Vin Wine Saver Kit. If you only use it once to save a single bottle of expensive red it will pay for itself. And it will probably also work on soda bottles. (although we don't drink much soda in our house, except as mixers).

Rob
on November 7, 2011
This set is a must have for anyone who enjoys the occasional glass of wine but doesn't always drink the whole bottle before it goes bad. The system is very easy to use with a distinctive click noise to indicate it's done pulling air out, and creates a good seal - you can tell the vacuum has been maintained every time we open the bottle again (which has been as long as a week) because you hear the air whoosh back in. I have never used the crystal pourers, they're an unnecessary part of the set for me but the vacuum system alone is completely worth the purchase.
on August 23, 2015
I got this for my mom for Christmas, because she likes to have a glass or two of wine some nights, but my dad doesn't drink wine, so she always has left overs. She LOVES it! She says it works so well that she doesn't have to make sure to finish a bottle within a day or two. Since there are two stoppers, sometimes she'll save one bottle an extra day or two while she opens another one. She loves this gift so much, I'm thinking about getting her another set for her vacation home.
on December 9, 2015
I have used many many wine bottle stoppers / vacuum sealers, and none works as well as this one. Some don't work at all, and many of the sealers lose suction in a short time. This one doesn't pinch your fingers, doesn't lose suction, is quite small/compact, and is very easy to use. This is the 5th set I've purchased - 3 as gifts for fellow wine lovers, 1 for our wine cellar and 1 for our kitchen! I couldn't recommend this more highly!
on October 22, 2013
We have been buying the magnum bottles of wine for sometime and a day after opening the wine becomes sharp and changes it's taste considerably. This product has been working well for some time and pumping the air out of a magnum bottle with two glasses left takes a while. About 15 pumps, however it works well and keeps the wine fresh for 3-days in a wine cooler. Using normal sized wine bottles the pump is excellent, only a few pumps creates the vacumn needed to keep the wine fresh for two days. We store the wine on it's side in a wine cooler and have never had a leak using the well designed suction cap. The pour spout also works well, no more red wine spots all over the kitchen counters.